This and That…Nate Berkus fans LISTEN UP

Tuesday I got all hot and sweaty with this man.

nate_berkus

(Sorry Marianne, I know he is your boyfriend, and you do make a beautiful couple, but when the cat’s away…)

Yep, Nate Berkus and I worked out together. Well, not so much together as adjacent to each other. Let me put it this way, my normally 35 minutes spent on the bike quickly turned into an hour and my legs are JELLO today because I could not.stop.staring. No I didn’t say anything to him. I restrained myself because even I know that approaching someone at the gym ranks just above the free clinic and below a Paris Hilton Fan Club Meeting in terms of situations in which one does not want to be recognized/bothered.

Nate Berkus shirtless in Hawaii 3 3-30-09 photo(That body don’t happen all by itself ladies…and gents. And let me tell you. In person? Beee.U.Tee.Ful)

However.

I will be returning to the gym at the same time every week from now on hoping to run into him. I dont know, maybe Nate will need a spotter or someone to stretch him out one day. And then our best friendship/business partnership can commence as God surely intends it to. At the very least my new devotion to the gym should be good for my hindparts.

The Closet Situation

Is pretty much taken care of now. I would show you befores/afters but it is really nothing to ooh and ahh over. Although I did find some unusual things lurking in there during my search.

bellacloset

My Birthday

So I have gone back and forth on whether or not to blog about my Birthday celebration. I am very aware that most of you reading this do not know me personally, and I do not want to ever come across as braggadocios. I feel very lucky to live the life I do, it is not without it’s struggles, but I am aware every single day that I am blessed beyond measure.

That being said, I also am aware of how much I razz my beloved fiance on here, and I think it might be time to throw him a bone.

Isn’t he handsome?

petehandsome

This year for my birthday Pete sent me to the spa to get a massage and have my hairs did, and told me to come home fluffed and ready for dinner. And so I did. When I walked in Pete ushered me into our dining room that he had set up as our own little restaurant. Replete with candles/candlesticks that he went out and purchased for the evening, can you imagine anything cuter than A Petey Pie picking out candlesticks? I can’t.

table

One of Pete’s friends from home, Brittany, and her fiance Vaido have a catering company called Truffleberry Market and Pete had worked with them to create a tasting menu of all of my favorite dishes.

goatcheesesalad

Baby Arugula, baby beets, crispy herbed goat cheese, champagne vinaigrette

tomatosoupuse

Tomato bisque, petit grilled robiola cheese finger sandwich

scallop

Brown butter seared day scallops with roasted brussels sprouts, crispy pancetta, and quail egg

lemon

Limoncello sorbetto intermezzo

pork

Maple and sage seared pork medallion with braised red cabbage, pan seared herb  gnocci, and apple cider jus

shortrib

Madiera glazed beef short ribs, creamy polenta, herb roasted baby carrots

peppermint

And then, of course, Peppermint ice cream tuille cookie sandwich, chocolate ganache

It was seriously the most thoughtful, sweet, creative gift ever. If he hadn’t already put a ring on it, I would have sworn that was what was going on here. But I have to say, with or without supercalafragalisticexpialadociously wonderful Birthday gifts, I am still the luckiest girl in the world. I am marrying my bestie! And he is really hot, and I am thinkin’ he is going to age pretty well too.

So talk to me. Thoughts on how I should seduce Nate? Best birthday present you ever received? Your feelings on Pluto no longer being considered a planet? Let’s hear it.

Comments

1. Appletree February 25, 2010 at 10:07 am

I share your love for Nate and support you in your gym stalking. Hilarious. YOu do already have a sweet man on your hands, what a cutie he is.

2. cara @ City Girl Chicago February 25, 2010 at 10:36 am

All this food looks so delicious ~ and what a sweetie pie you’re marrying! He’s definitely a keeper ;)

3. KC February 25, 2010 at 11:16 am

My very educated mother just served us nine… Nine what? Pizzas. Pluto is a planet.

Awesome Birthday, looks delicious.

4. Sogni e Sorrisi February 25, 2010 at 11:22 am

Jealous. Nate is a super cutie, although seducing him might prove to be a bit of a problem for a…woman.

Your fiance sounds so super sweet. Imagine the effort he must have gone through. Glad you had such a wonderful birthday celebration!

5. COCOCOZY February 25, 2010 at 11:27 am

Your Nate Berfkus spotting is hilarious! What a nice birthday celebration. What a nice guy!

xo
    Coco
    COCOCOZY

6. Marianne February 25, 2010 at 11:32 am

Ugh, where to begin? Wow, wow, wow. I am so jealous you worked out with my boyfriend! I am glad you had a wonderful birthday, your fiance is sweet and handsome! LOVE the dog in the closet!

7. Lara February 25, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Bailey, You entertain me like no other.

Pete, if you read this, Nice one [high five!]

8. Meaghan February 25, 2010 at 1:10 pm

i was wondering if you were going to share with us your birthday celebration! it was very refreshing to read your intro to it, and from someone who knows you… you couldn’t have been more spot on. you not only appreciate the life that you have, but you are also humbled by it, and hugely generous. i think sharing is your gift and i am more than happy to live vicariously through you!

oh yeah, more high fives to pete! that’s going to be a hard one to top. wellfriggindone.

9. Deborah February 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Okay your fiancee is A D O R A B L E !! What a thoughtful birthday celebration!
    sooo freaking jealous of that meal considering I just ate Texadelphia for lunch…

10. Elizabeth February 25, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I am giving my boyfriend Pete’s number so that he can call and schedule etiquette lessons haha. That meal looks absolutely divine, and I’m glad your bday was marvelous!

11. larzzzz February 25, 2010 at 5:31 pm

what is this about pluto no longer being a planet?! bull honky if you ask me. you of all people should be standing up for the petite baguettes of the world, big b! oh, and, hand over that peppy and no one gets hurt…

12. hamptontoes February 26, 2010 at 12:32 am

What a funny post! I adore Nate Berkus and his design style! Is your birthday today?

13. Tammy@InStitches February 26, 2010 at 10:52 am

Looks like a great birthday and how far is your gym from NC ??

14. MyLittleHappyPlace February 26, 2010 at 1:14 pm

FREAKIN’ A – I can’t believe you got to work out next to Nate! Next time you see him, tell him I said to get his flippin’ gold “golf ball” lamps BACK on HSN so I can buy them!

What a fab B-day! Your honey – he’s a keeper – but you already know that…

Cheers!

15. Jhatt February 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm

pete realllly out did himself… like whoa! Im jealous but really glad you two had fun!! all looked sooo tasty!

16. Design Darling February 26, 2010 at 4:24 pm

WHAT A KEEPER! this is the cutest thing i think i’ve ever seen.

17. Bailey February 27, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Thank you everyone for giving Pete his snaps! We are all about positive reinforcement over here and I know y’all made his day!
    Elizabeth: Pete is considering holding a seminar. But you should also be aware that your bf will not only learn fab birthday etiquette, but some much less charming habits as well. It’s a package deal!
    Larzz&KC- I feel ya, I have been saying for years that astronomers were a bunch of a*holes, now they’ve just gone and proven it.
    HamptonToes: Nope my Birthday is February 18. Mark your calendars!
    Tammy: I mean….a couple hundred miles…butttt if you wanna come I have a guest pass for you!
    HappyPlace: I’m on it.

You are all my favorites.

18. The Zhush February 27, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I would have lost my mind if working out next to Nate Berkus. Or, at a minimum, fallen off the eliptical trying to stare while not being obvious (cause I’m cool like that). As to your fiance, how incredibly romantic and adorable is that guy! And how good did that food look! Seriously, if I didn’t marry my own best friend (cough -13 years ago!) I would be crazy jealous of you! Now, I just resent your YOUTH! (so good to hear that around your birthday huh?)
    Sue

19. JEN RAMOS February 28, 2010 at 2:07 am

I can’t say much about Nate…he’s ok…but his style is great.
    The food looked super good though…I love going out to eat at nice restaurants!!

20. Lisa February 28, 2010 at 10:42 am

“I will be returning to the gym at the same time every week from now on hoping to run into him” LOL that sounds totally like me!

And how cute is your boyfriend?! And the food?!

21. mal March 1, 2010 at 10:42 pm

how cute! that scallop dish looks like a magical land with a bee buzzing around pollinating things…or is that sleepy time making me crazy?

22. Courtney March 2, 2010 at 12:14 am

Aw, too cute. Happy belated birthday!!! BTW, Sean and I love Truffleberry Market — they are the best.

23. maddie March 2, 2010 at 3:40 pm

WAY TO GO PETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anything with robiola is good. and anything with peppermint ice cream of course. jealous. speaking of food, i just ate a homemade turkey sandwich in the lounge at school. yum. SIKE.

24. Kristen March 18, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Just came back to this post from your link….I completely missed this. You worked out in the same gym as Nate?! Ahhh! Too cool :)