Wedding Wednesday: Our Bridesmaids Preview

So I am VERY excited to report that Pete and I will be getting married in 213 Days!!

Which I know sounds like an eternity, but considering we have already been engaged for 382 days, that shiz is FLYING now. So. Things are happening. But I can’t show you those things just yet, what I CAN show you is some bridesmaids dress inspiration and a sneak peak at what we are thinking. Starting with…our “Wedding Colors”

orangespinks

reds

We aren’t really doing wedding colors, per se, we are getting married outside and letting The Church of God (nature, people) inform our colors. Doesn’t that sound fabulously hippy dippy? Ha. If you knew me you would find that whole notion absolutely hysterical. Anyway concentrate more on the tones in the flowers, the fabric didn’t read as well due to my photography skeeels or lack thereof.

So anyway. I am doing tones of reds and pinks and oranges for the bridesmaids dresses. Each lady gets to choose her color of her choice (isn’t that foolish benevolent, Brides Who Mean Business?) and am hoping the result will be as beeaauutiful as a Canadian Sunset (shoutout to my mom, she rode horses as a wee child and named hers Canadian Sunset. Doesn’t that just sound elegant and gorgeous? Canaaaaaadian Sunset, so exotic it gives me chills). Hopefully it will be kind of like this.colors1colors2

Once WedJenna Lela Rose copy

Lela Rose for Jenna Bush’s wedding

picture-13

Lauren Santo Domingo’s Wedding

030209_schwartz04_400x400

Bridesmaids dresses designed by the adorable Rachel Bilson for her bff’s wedding.

My wedding dress designer is Amsale, so I am going for the Amsale bridesmaids line as well. I think its pretty groovy, the type of dress a gal could wear again. Isn’t that what every bride thinks though?

G559C

G560C

g425c

g428c

g458c

G561C

goestoes

G558C
gjeoisjgs

Again, I’m having them just decide which one they think will flatter their bods the most.

What do you think? Am I horrible? Or would you wear these? I feel like brides enter into some worm hole where they truly convince themselves that THEIR bridesmaids dress is the winner. And they are very wrong. And if that is where I am, I need you, my gorgeous readers, to yank me out of it.

Comments

1. Caitlyn February 17, 2010 at 10:03 am

I LOVE them!! But then again, I might be in that worm hole with you!

2. Sogni e Sorrisi February 17, 2010 at 10:46 am

Those dresses are very nice! We wore similar dresses in a wedding I was recently in and they were comfortable and we got lots of compliments. I like the idea of having a rainbow of colours for your bridesmaids.

I’m going to see if I can scrounge up a wedding invitation and post a picture for you. Of the bagillion pictures our photographer took I don’t think he took any of our invites!

3. Cat February 17, 2010 at 10:48 am

Not in the hole. I would wear one to a deb or after if I needed a dress. Although, I would monitor which dress each girl chooses. Sometimes they THINK they know what looks good on them, but they have no idea. BUT its you, so I bet your bridesmaids are with it. Just in case your mama made you have your “cousin’s and Margie St. Maurice” I thought I’d throw it out there.

4. Meaghan February 17, 2010 at 11:04 am

SO many beautiful options bails! love it. am especially obsessed with the second to last dress! i’m not a bridesmaid, but i would wear that dress… and i’m sure your ladies will wear them again and again as well!

5. Ali February 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm

OBSESSED! I love love love the dresses! They totally could wear them again because they are picking the dress and color they want. If they don’t have anything formal to go to they could just have their dress shortened to a fun little party dress. I love all of the styles!! Oh even if they plan on losing weight and make sure that they order the size they are NOW because they can always take it in and chances are they won’t lose weight…

6. Jhatt February 17, 2010 at 1:42 pm

All of those dresses are awesome! I love the idea of letting each girl pick bc it is not going to look too uniformed but definitely beautiful! Just as a wedding in Aspen should be!! GREAT Idea!

7. ashlina February 17, 2010 at 2:43 pm

woah! those dresses are amazing…

P.S.there is an award for you at my blog..

8. Lori February 17, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Love the flowers with the berries! Oh how I wish those dresses existed when I was planning.

9. KTowne February 17, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Love Love Love the rainbow of colors and styles idea and all the dresses still seem like they’ll be cohesive. Obsessed with the first and second dress and the eighth one, to quote R Zoe, “I Die!” That baby needs to transport itself into my closet.
    Also, colors of the flowers and linens. They will look amazing with the fall leaves!!
    So excited to see more!!

10. MyLittleHappyPlace February 18, 2010 at 7:07 am

OMG! LOVE all of them – makes me want a do-over! A fall wedding {le sigh}

11. Lara February 18, 2010 at 11:37 am

All of theses dresses are beautiful and amazing!

12. Bailey February 21, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Cait: I can’t WAIT to see what you pick!
    Sogni: Comfort is definitely key if you want the party to go all night!
    Cat: Hahaha, nope, no distant husky cousins involved here! But I def. have maintained final veto power on the choice…mama didn’t raise no fool!
    Meaghan: Thanks for the vote of confidence!!
    Ali: Sage advice…I told my wedding dress designer that I would be losing weight and am seriously hanging my head now that I realize my first fitting is in 2 weeks and I MAY have gained 5 pounds…whoopsie daisies!
    JHatt: Thanks Doll, y’all are going to look beauteous!
    Ashlina: THANK YOU!!!!!!
    Lori: I know…right? The bridesmaids options just keep getting better and better!
    KTowne: Winks, stay tuned! I will definitely be keeping y’all updated!
    MyLittleHappyPlace: I mean, don’t you just wish you could have multiple weddings? Looking for inspiration with ours I keep getting side tracked….Spring Weddings! Beach Weddings! City Weddings! So much to love about all of em!
    Lara! Shmanx!

13. Kathleen February 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm

These look fantabulous! I’m excited!!

14. […] (source) […]