Rock Chick Design

A few of you emailed me to ask where you could purchase the super rad Jimmie Martin furniture I posted on earlier this week. And if you are in the Chicagoland Area, you are in luck, cause this fine lady designer stocks Jimmay in her Chicago showroom.

KaraMann

What a hottie, right?

01_showroom_elevator

punk_table(Kara Mann Showroom)

Kara Mann has been described as the “rock chick” designer, which I am guessing is code for “babe” cause I don’t see a whole lot of “rocker” in her designs.

01karamann120409_rect540

2-4-09mann1

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy them.

karamann7

karamanndesigned_mhmarch09

But they seem a lot more subdued/refined than what I would normally categorize as Rock n’ Roll

Kara_Mann_dark_floors

02karamann120409_rect540

Maybe it is the ebony floors?

03karamann120409_rect540

02karamann120909_rect540

Rockers do like black.

karamann1

karamann2

Or so I hear…karamann3

karamann13

People call us Rockers ’cause we wear tight jeans

kara_mann

karamann11

Wasn’t that a title of a movie?

karamann4

I know its only rock and roll but I like it

karamann9

karamann8

like it020508lincolnpark-apartment therapy(Via Apartment Therapy)

Girl's Lounge 1 Small

yes I dokaramann2

punk_chair

If you could be a Movie Star or a Rock Star which would you choose?

I’d have to go Rock Star.

Comments

1. Natural remedies for anxiety attacks? March 26, 2010 at 7:21 am

[...] Rock Chick Design – Peppermint Bliss [...]

2. Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi March 26, 2010 at 9:51 am

Love Kara’s work. I guess the skull lamp and the pimp chair are a little rock ‘n roll.

I’d probably choose to be a rock star, too, although I can’t sing or play any instrument so I guess I would have to be the Posh of the group. lol

3. JEN RAMOS March 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Kara is awesome..I’ve been a FAN of her work for quite some time now. She actually commented on my blog and emailed me…I was so excited since she’s in my top list of DESIGNERS. :)

Jen Ramos
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

4. ashlina March 26, 2010 at 4:26 pm

oh yea. i am obsessed with her. she is hands down, one of the best designers out there…great round up of her work bailey…love it….
    and ps. where are my macaroons???? JK. you are too sweet.

5. Catherine March 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I wish I could pull off rock star…

Love these pics of Kara’s work. I could certainly rock that style.

6. cara @ City Girl Chicago March 27, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Love her style ~ I totally get the rocker chic vibe because it’s what I always aspire to. Sophisticated style with a little bit of edge, a little bit of glitz or glam, just always balancing feminity with something a bit raw. Love it. And does it hurt that we have the same name / diff spelling? Not at all :) Great round-up!

7. Tammy@InStitches March 27, 2010 at 1:36 pm

She is a babe, I want to be her when I grow up ! The skull lamp is rocker.

8. Hamptontoes March 27, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Fun post! Love the images. I can’t sing, but wish I could…rock star over movie star! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

9. Bee March 29, 2010 at 2:12 am

Rock star. All out rock star. Keith Richards rock star. The kind of rock star that after shows and interviews people look around and think, what in the fresh just happened?!

10. Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself March 29, 2010 at 11:34 am

Love, love, LOVE those floral duvet covers in the bedroom with the two canopy beds. I am seeing similar patterns to that everywhere this spring – the small, abundant flower prints – and I NEED IT IN MY LIFE.

Agreed. Her shop is rock star. Her designs, not so much.

Alaina