Wedding Wednesday: A Mexican Fiesta

If I wasn’t getting married in Aspen I think my dream wedding would be a Mexican fiesta. Which would be fantastic because people ask me all the time if I am Latina, which I take as a huge compliment. Especially considering I am about a 85% Irish and take that question to mean I majorly dodged this bullet:

But anyway, Mexico is my bliss. Margaritas, queso, jalepenos, guacamole, mariachis. I am a happy girl. Even if it is hotter than the surface of the sun and I end up sweatin’ cheese. So here is my inspiration for my dream Mexican Destination Wedding.

The Dress:

Would clearly have to be Oscar de la Renta

I really don’t think I have to explain why…

Perhaps with a bit less nip though…

The Invitations:

The Knot

Once Wed

Brides.com

Snippet and Ink

Project Wedding

The Knot

For Place Cards…Pretty rad, huh?

Last three all Once Wed

Would you ever consider a destination wedding? Where would it be if money/logistics weren’t an issue?

Comments

1. Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself May 5, 2010 at 10:28 am

Well, damn it, Bailey, now I have to go out and get tacos for lunch!

Hah but in all seriousness – amazing! I am obsessed with Mexican food, music, colors… this would be so much fun! Oh and that tequila bar?! That’s pretty much a recipe for the best. wedding. ever.

Alaina

2. KP May 5, 2010 at 10:29 am

Thanks a lot… I am now STARVING. :)

3. my favorite and my best May 5, 2010 at 11:26 am

i think you should totally invite me to this mexican fiesta wedding…i will sit next to the donkey even.

4. pure.ruth May 5, 2010 at 12:05 pm

i am kind of thinking after that marvelous post you should scratch aspen all together and go down south (except for the fact that i’ve already purchased a ticket to the mtns)

5. Jhatt May 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I LOVE the invite!! So creative!!! Great find!!!!

6. Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi May 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm

What cool ideas. I love those dresses!

M really wanted a destination wedding, but I wanted something at home so everyone could celebrate with us. I would love to renew our vows one day (even if its just the two of us) in an exotic setting–Santorini at sunset or a great beach somewhere?

In Mexico I love San Miguel de Allende for weddings.

7. Helena May 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm

could be an amaaaazing wedding! but im sure yours will be gorgeous too!!

8. ashlina May 5, 2010 at 3:01 pm

i really want to marry my love in cabo. (we will see) and i am so glad that we are now friends because honey. YOU are plannin’ it! these pictures are fantastic. how much fun would mariachis be…and the fact that i am part mexican makes it that much sweeter. luvin’ it! xoxo

9. SheilaC May 5, 2010 at 3:48 pm

This would be such a blast!! Those dresses are gorgeous.
    Have fun at your fiesta tonight, those enchiladas look muy bien.
    I told Kevin that I was jealous! : )

10. Design Darling May 5, 2010 at 4:06 pm

i’m obsessed with the first invitations. so cool! love the conan photo — though don’t go hating on redheads! ;)

11. Johanna May 5, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I LOVE this and agree on all points. Having a destination is way easier to plan, too. The cakes…TDF

12. Annina May 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Loving those invitations! And the piñatas, genious!

13. Rachel @birdy blue May 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Well I think your cinco de mayo post beat mine! I think a cinco de mayo wedding would be pretty rad!

14. Paloma {La Dolce Vita} May 6, 2010 at 11:37 am

I love this! So fun! I had a destination wedding in Mexico, but it wasn’t very quirky. :)

15. Anne May 6, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Is it weird I want that wedding, and I don’t even have a boyfriend?

16. cristin @ simplified bee May 10, 2010 at 10:22 pm

I love this post! My little bro is getting married and my mom & I are thinking of ideas for their rehearsal dinner fiesta! Great timing. Many thanks.

xo,
    cristin

17. designstiles July 9, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I’m full-on Mexican and did not have a Mexican wedding. My family now thinks I have no culture. That’s always great. To earn some culture points I planned a 60th birthday Fiesta for my papa. You can check out pics here http://bit.ly/bckAvi and see my inspiration board here: http://bit.ly/cKSJLv

PS – Just discovered your blog and you’re a riot.
    PPS – Chicago is the first city I fell in love with. Mostly because this guy I was totally gaga for (I was waaaay young) was from Chicago and every time I ever saw the name Chicago I thought it was a sign we were meant to be.
    PPPS – Now you think I’m weird. Fabulous.

18. [...] Mini Empanadas [...]

19. Carla November 9, 2011 at 4:46 am

Oh my gosh! This post is the mother of all wedding research I’ve done in the past year!!!!!!!

You’ve hit home with all of your suggestions!

I’m worried that I might delve too deep into the Fiesta theme and it’ll turn super tacky, especially because we’re having a December wedding.
    But if it’s inevitable, it’s inevitable. :)

Thank you for this post!

20. cindylu March 16, 2012 at 4:22 am

These kinds of inspiration posts always make me uncomfortable. Simply put, I don’t like seeing the culture I grew up in reduced to a party theme. You seem appreciative of [a very narrow view] of Mexican culture, but there’s a thin line between being inspired by art, music, food and customs that are part of a very diverse culture and fetishizing that culture.

To me, having tacos, tequila and a mariachi isn’t a themed “Mexican fiesta”, it’s just the way I grew up. The real part of the “Mexican fiesta” is the people who bring it to life, not the tacos served nor the papel picado.

21. [...] Weddings | Fabulous Fashion for Sensible Style | My Wedding Reception Ideas | Style Me Pretty | Peppermint Bliss | A Season to Celebrate | Imaginary Weddings | Bella Baxter | Wedding Bee | My Wedding Reception [...]

22. jassyjass July 10, 2012 at 11:57 pm

This is Amazing!! Im a full Mexican girl and very proud of it.. this is my kind of wedding as well love everything you have here ;)

23. [...] peppermintbliss.com via Jamie on [...]

24. [...] {Love love the colors of this kitchen. All it needs is this beautiful ‘papel picado’ and you’ve got a fiesta! Photos via here, and here} [...]

25. […] for Everyone, 2. Wedding Bee, 3. Catch my Party, 4. 100 Layer Cake, 5. Ruffled Blog, 6. Flickr, 7. Pepperment Bliss, 8. Frosted Petticoat, 9. Ruffled […]