Your colors are PINK and PINK!

I prefer blush and bashful…and humans who know what I am referencing here.

Decorating with a boy in mind is tuff, y’all. Especially when one of your long held decorating mantras is “When in doubt, paint it pink!” Every bedroom I have ever lived in has been pink,

(My babyhood bedroom had these D.Porthault sheets and I think some vintage pink bow wallpaper…it was the 80s and it was adorable)(Crappy lighting…My Austin bedroom, pink heaven)

Except for my current room in the garage apartment at my parents house, but the living room/kitchenette is pink so really I don’t think that counts.

(Houston Living Room)

This time around, however, Mr. Pete has every so gently requested he not live in Paris Hilton’s dream cloud, which for now at least, means no pink for me.

Sads.
Except! My closet! Which I am happy to say is about as large as a mid-sized jail cell. And will be pink. And gold. And girly. Kind of like this:

(Domino)

(Miles Redd’s NYC apt)

(Nate Berkus for Katie Lee Joel)

And Britney will be looking down on me at all times to approve and disapprove my outfit selections (don’t worry, I take her advice with a grain of salt, always wear a bra, and I don’t even own any ripped jorts).

As such, Benjamin Moore’s Fashion Pink:

And Flamingo’s Dream have been in an epic battle of the paint swatches:

They read a whole lot prettier and more vibrant on the walls, and as of yesterday I think we have a winner. Any predictions as to which I chose/should choose?

Comments

1. ashley June 25, 2010 at 10:25 am

I’m loving Fashion Pink but I would die to see Flamingo’s Dream walls! I want to paint our kitchen pink – for the meantime, until we totally renovate it next year.

2. Danavee June 25, 2010 at 11:19 am

Flamingo’s Dream. Hands down.

I too have to sacrifice my dream bathroom for the mister. Stupid boys.

3. just a girl June 25, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Flamingo’s Dream!! All the way.

4. Helena - A Diary of Lovely June 25, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Flamingo’s Dream?? yay!! go for it! so much fun!

5. Mackenzie {Design Darling} June 25, 2010 at 1:37 pm

you can’t go wrong with either one! pink pink pink all the way. girly and gold will be totally glam — any clue what britney’s closet looks like? not sure if they’ve published that gem anywhere.

6. Calley June 25, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Love them both! You can’t go wrong – although I would pick fashion pink. You’re so lucky to have a big closet! I’ve always been a pink bedroom girl, unfortunately my husband is not a pink bedroom kind of guy…

7. EJR June 25, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Flamingo’s Dream! I pick colors that I like, test them out on a wall and stew over which one is the perfect shade, I’m not going to lie, the one with the fun name always wins.

8. Natalie June 25, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I say do fat vertical stripes using both!

9. Janey June 25, 2010 at 6:02 pm

shelby would pick flamingo’s dream. momma and her brown football helmut would say that fashion pink is much more becoming.

10. Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi June 27, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Steel Magnolias! That movie KILLS. ME.

Anyhoo, I don’t think you can go wrong with either colour (so hard to judge when they’re not on the wall), but if I had to choose I’d say Flamingo. Can’t wait to see your closet!

I’m having a similar dilemma dreaming up a new colour bedroom colour scheme for our new house…I’m thinking purple/black/grey (I don’t think the Mr. is thrilled about the purple but, really, who asked him?) or more of a blue-inspired room. We shall see.

11. escapade June 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Lol – Paris Hilton`s dream cloud …
    Perhaps a classic black – white – gold with a few choice pink accents just for you ?

or perhaps a softer pink with some stronger art or accents to add a bit of a masculine edge, like this

12. MyLittleHappyPlace June 27, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Can you do wide, cabana stripes with the two colors? Would be EVER so fab! Can’t even TELL you how jealous I am! I have a pretty great closet, but half is His, so there’d be a big, fat NYET to my request for such a divine dressing space.
    Guess I’ll have to live vicariously through yours!

P.S. – Loved the post title!