This is what happens when…

…When you get a bunch of (smart, talented, blahblahblah) like-minded blogger-ladies together…

(Me- looking rough, Crystal of Plush Palate-thanks for the picture btw, Jess of Makeunder My Life, Alaina of Live Creating Yourself, and Fallon of A Lovely Being)

…And feed them my margaritas…

It was ridiculous. And v. fun. And I can’t wait to do it again soon! As always- if you are in the Chicago area and are looking for a non craigs-listy good time, I’m your girl!

Today I am heading downtown to meet with lawyers and finalize some of the un-funner parts of starting a bidness. I feel all grown up/probably should start thinking about what needs to go down at said meeting and less about “My Most Responsible-Looking Ensemble”.

Afterwards, though, I am treating myself to an afternoon at FatCamp aka The Spa, in this case Bliss Spa Chicago. I thought my skin was beginning to behave after I started doing nice things for it like lathering on magic potions at night, and sleeping…

False.

So hopefully a little facial action will move me a bit closer towards bridal beauty. But what I REALLY want to try is their Quadruple Thighpass. They say it is for those with “thigh anxiety”, umm yess, and that somehow they can whip sluggish lymph glands into shape and that in 6 wee sessions you will have “fabu-legs”.

Now, I have mentioned before my intense fear of/issues with cellulite. And some smartasses have suggested margaritas and or cheese might be to blame (the real delicious kind, not the proverbial cottage on the leg kind) and I have suggested that they keep their opinions to themselves. But now I have like, 50 something days or something ridiculous until our wedding, and am open to all suggestions. And yes- I have been working out dummies- I am talking should I go in for the Quadruple Thighpass, or do you have some other fantastic snake-oil-esque solutions for me?

Comments

1. Eddie Ross July 26, 2010 at 11:51 am

Great post! Looks like such a blast! Best of luck too!

xo

Eddie & Jaithan

2. Christine July 26, 2010 at 11:59 am

LOL! I love Crystal’s laugh in the photo!

Best wishes on your big meeting and don’t forget to throw big words like “sporadically” into your sentences…Cher knew what she was talking about.

3. just a girl July 26, 2010 at 12:38 pm

This is quite possibly the best picture I’ve seen in a while! Gotta love some margs!

I don’t really have any snake-oil recipes for you [wish I did!], but I think you should do whatever you want to feel comfortable and your best on your big day!

4. Helena - A Diary of Lovely July 26, 2010 at 1:50 pm

LOvED all the photos from your night out!! seems like you guys had a great time!! and I hear something like a 5 days trainer?! stop worrying about cellulite you look gorgeous!! xoxo

5. Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself July 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm

hahah LOVE that photo. however, i think my head still hurts from that night. that’s what happens when you stick your straw into the margarita pitcher. oops.

can’t wait for round 2!

6. Brian July 26, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Alaina is such a hoot!

7. Mackenzie {Design Darling} July 26, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Ok for reals that top photo is enough to make me consider moving to Chicago after college.

8. my favorite and my best July 26, 2010 at 10:26 pm

funny fun fun fun.

9. Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi July 27, 2010 at 9:17 am

Looks like such a fun night! Stop worrying about the cellulite, you’re gorgeous and going to be a beautiful bride!

10. Ashleigh August 2, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I’m looking for a non craigs-listy good time :)
    Adorable picture! Hope to meet all of you sometime!!