Friday: Welcome to my Brain-Box

Well, well, well. Look what came for me from Furbish today:Sprinkled with Jamies magic pixie dust and sent here on the wings of love. I have big plans for these guys, but they are going to have to wait until Monday. Because my special manfriend has selfishly abandoned me for his brothers bachelor party this weekend, so I am left home alllll alone, with no muscles and no one to man the power tools.

What in the world am I going to do with myself? Besides maybe catch up on some episodes of Dawson’s Creek.

Yes, you heard that correctly.

I thought that this highly emotionally charged month before our wedding was the perfect time to revisit what was, perhaps, the defining cultural moment of my life. Pete was concerned when he walked in on me doing a quote along to a show that aired 12 years ago, and that I have *supposedly* not seen since. I told him as long as I don’t start talking out of the side of my mouth and climbing through our window, he should just chilllll out.

Since starting this blog I have had a lot of really incredible, “NO WAY!! YOU TOO??” moments with my beloved internet besties aka perfect strangers. But this is the true test. If any of you know what Joey is saying to Dawson in this moment. Well besides wanting to mate with you and fly away like an Avatar, I will personally send you on an American Eagle Outfitters shopping spree.

And I will be doing all of this emo-TVing while eating Rabbit Food provided by this Fats Annonymous service that sends minimally fun/maximally nutritious food to your house. It sucks, but its been working. There is the suggestion of an abdominal muscle where the very real existence of a beer belly used to be, so I am going to keep at it.

If only I was as excited about the food as the dogs seems to be.

Listen guys, if you want to eat “crackers” that taste like modg-podged packing peanuts. I won’t hold you back. But I promise you it is about as exciting as kibble.

I wish for all of you a weekend full of margaritas, and hamburgers, and milkshakes. And will hold out hope that my internet soul mate is reading this and can narrate the screen cap. You have no idea how happy that would make me. No cheating though. You are all on *Grams-honor*

Comments

1. pure.ruth August 20, 2010 at 1:08 pm

this post just made my day. scratch that – made my weekend! yes i’m that lame that a great dawson’s creek side mouth joke makes my weekend. love you bails!

2. Kristen August 20, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Oh man, I unfortunately do not know the quote. And I wanted that American Eagle shopping spree so damn bad too! :) Your lil dogs look so cute in that picture! Happy weekend!

3. ashlina August 20, 2010 at 1:56 pm

fun fun fun!!!!! hope you enjoy those gorgeous babies. xo

4. MyLittleHappyPlace August 20, 2010 at 2:23 pm

LOVE those prints. LOVE!

5. Sarah August 20, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Funny that today this is your post….while driving to the Astros game last night for one of my first sorority alumni events, my driver (and girlfriend) and I were discussing the episode where Andie takes the ‘x’ at the rave and then whigs out in the moonbounce and ends up going to the hospital……..it was really just an innocent conversation about how that episode scared the curiosity of extracurricular drugs out of me forever….that and bad boyz II

6. Marcie August 20, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Oh oh oh!!! Is this where Joey turns in her own dad for selling drugs after he comes back around after getting out of jail? I don’t know exactly what it is…But is she telling him that things will be alright, but not between the two of them?

7. Marcie August 20, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Nope, nevermind that wasn’t it. :(

8. Maggie August 20, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I don’t have any idea about the Dawson’s Creek clip. We only had one TV in our house until I came home from college, and DC was up against something horrible that was one of my mom’s favorites… Touched by an Angel maybe? That was her big could-not-miss fave.

Buuuuttttttttt…. your puppies are super adorable. :D

9. Marcie August 20, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I think I know now but I totally cheated.

10. ted August 20, 2010 at 4:40 pm

first of all let me say that i just graduated and don’t start work until october and during my little break chose to watch the complete DC series seasons 1-6…and may i say along with stalking your blog it was an excellent use of free time so i totally understand, haha. second i think this is the part where joey is telling him something about how “friendships that don’t progress fade and become studied like things in a museum” and then dawson says something winey (i’m personally a pacey person) “like are we going to end up like that?” that or joey is complaining about jen…haha

11. Catherine August 20, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Mmmm, those prints are so pretty. I can’t wait to see what you do with them!

No idea about the Dawson’s, but congrats on the rabbit food diet. Nothing like having a bazillian pictures taken that you’re then expected to share on the interwebs to serve as motivation! You’ll be a beautiful bride regardless, but who among us wouldn’t prefer to be sans beer belly on her wedding day?

12. margo August 21, 2010 at 12:14 am

I am very sad to say that I am not sure what moment that is in Dawsons Creek. But…I also thought it also was around the time of her getting mad at Dawson about turning her Dad in. However I am not too ashamed to admit that while I loved the whole series and the re-runs that I would watch early mornings in college there is nothing more I enjoy watching than the series finale. I am positive that I can say every line to EVERY part. It was known in college that when I had rough days I would inform my roomates I was going to my room with a glass of wine and falling asleep to Dawsons. As far as episodes go I personally loved the night Andy told about her brothers death. I know I sound CRAZY but I LOVED/LOVE that show. ENJOY your week of Dawsons!

13. Megan August 21, 2010 at 10:37 am

I feel super sad that I don’t know what the quote is because Dawson’s is my all time teany bop favorite. I have always been a Pacey girl and I will admit that I saw him (Joshua Jackson) in Raleigh, NC at a PF Changs and went up to his table (while he was on a date with his girlfriend at the time-btw-a bartender skank) and told him that I would just die if him and Joey ever broke up. Haha. I am embarrassed just thinking about it. He was actually quite pleasant about it and told me it was out of his hands. At least they ended up together. I would like to think I had a hand in that. :)

14. Beth August 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Is this when Joey is telling Dawson “Things Change, people change”??

I love love LOVED that show!

15. Dagny @ Scandinavian Chic August 23, 2010 at 3:31 am

Lol, Bailey, great post!! And you don’t have to eat yucky food to loose weight, I gave my MIL a receipe for a beyond amazing, sweet & yummy smoothie plus some simple tips, and she lost 20 pounds in about 8 weeks!

xx
    d

ps – loved dawson’s creek too!