Clifford Before and After: Living/Dining Room

Wanna see what attracted us to Clifford, The Big Red House?

Dark, and…I don’t really know how to describe this decor.

Lovely, right?

Eventually though…This:

Became this.

But first…

It was this.

Then slowly but surely we started putting it back together.

From this…To this!

The view of the dining room standing in the living room:

And looking back towards the front of the house.

Some fun living room detail shots:

Lamps are from Furbish Studio/ Jamie Meares.Across from the dining room is Pete’s bar that he is VERY proud of: I miss utilizing this bar.

Comments

1. michelle samoraj March 30, 2011 at 7:42 am

Your style is so real! Definitely not a page out of a Pottery Barn catalog (no offense PB). Great blog, love your sarcasm:)

2. ms. bright March 30, 2011 at 8:59 am

yowza! what changes! wish there was a close-up of the cuckoo clock!

3. Suzanne March 30, 2011 at 9:03 am

Love it all. But again, are you two lottery winners or something? How in the heck do two youngins’ such as yourself afford this?! I DREAM of being able to redo my whole house from the studs up!!

Signed,
    Vomiting with Jealousy

4. Sarah March 30, 2011 at 9:10 am

Um, the wallpapper. Oh, the wallpapper!
    That is all I can say.

5. carak March 30, 2011 at 9:38 am

ridiculously gorgeous!

6. Jennifer March 30, 2011 at 9:54 am

I love the before and afters! That bar is fantastic. I would be proud too!

7. Christine March 30, 2011 at 10:34 am

Your home is amazing Bailey, there are so many fun little quirks that make me smile and the furnishings are gorgeous! Please tell us where your couch and ottoman are from and what fabrics you used, I am dying to know!

8. LiveLikeYou March 30, 2011 at 10:36 am

What a fantastic makeover. Beautiful color ways and gorgeous rooms!!

9. Leah March 30, 2011 at 11:01 am

impossible to say how much i love your home! i dream of something that has this kind of character & fabulous decor!

10. Koren March 30, 2011 at 11:08 am

Just love everything! You have impeccable taste! I would love to know what fabric you used for the green tufted sofa – the company and name of color. Also what the inspiration was for the design of it and who makes it.

11. Molly March 30, 2011 at 11:09 am

The mirrored cuckoo clock – jealousy doesn’t begin to describe my emotions. Have been coveting that baby for years. My boyfriend would die to have that well-stocked bar.

12. Jenny March 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm

What a transformation! and that BAR, heaven!!! I cannot get over how incredible your home looks. That is one lucky baby! :)

13. Lauren March 30, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Love it! One question – why did you choose not to keep the stained glass window above the door? Was it original to the house?

14. Aymee March 30, 2011 at 1:34 pm

What is or Where’s the artwork over the fireplace from? It’s beaut?

15. Natalie March 30, 2011 at 1:35 pm

That bar is making my mouth water. So glad you are sharing the before and afters! My mom and I redid a small, dark house and I WISH we had documented the process.

16. Beth March 30, 2011 at 2:06 pm

How are two people your age able to afford this??

17. Julie March 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Such an amazing transformation! I adore the squirrel nutcracker and am completely jealous of your bar!

18. Mandy of Kini Style March 30, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Gosh Bailey! That looks fab! I especially love Pete’s bar :)

19. alison@MLHP March 30, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I continue to be more and more enthralled with all the love and awesomeness that went into Clifford. *sigh*

20. hamptontoes March 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Love your space! What a passionate journey to create such a lovely place to call home! The ottoman is off the charts…if you ever need anyone to babysit the leopard print piece I’m game! The sofa is wonderful, the dining room table is fabulous and oh my, your style is wonderful! Do you know your baby’s gender yet?

21. Leslie March 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm

My god people, with the money question!

22. Leslie March 30, 2011 at 5:07 pm

(Whoops, that got posted too early)
    Anyway, I feel like that question is slightly rude, and none of our business. Bailey – your house is beautiful and amazing. Well done! I can’t wait to see the nursery!

23. Molly L March 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I agree with Leslie!

Also, Bailey I have been following your blog for a few months now and am SO happy to see your amazing house– thanks for sharing and providing so much inspiration!

24. brittany March 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Lookin’ good. I am excited to see the final product. Even as a reader, it felt like forever.

Good Luck!

25. Vashti March 30, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Obsessed with it all. Love that you got your lamps from Furbish – it is my favorite store in Raleigh!

26. thingsthatsparkle March 30, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Bailey! Your place is amazing, what “furniture guy” do you use in Chicago if you don’t mind sharing?

27. Cat March 30, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I am not sure what my favorite part of your house is. I think I pick a new one everyday. Love the house. Love the lamb. Love the bar. Love it all!

28. A Casa da Vá March 31, 2011 at 12:32 am

Bailey your house had great bones already but to go through all this process and build a finish, beautiful and impeccable home… I can’t say enough how much I admire you for that! I see many older houses not being taken care as deserved or being converted to modern looks and losing its characters and architectural value – so sad! I hope one day I will get to do something like you did!

ps: I want to send you a moodboard with some ideas for the nursery, what is the best email address to reach you?

29. The enchanted home March 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm

This is great…love before and afters! Beautiful bones in the house, and you just enhanced it by infusing your own personal style..love the black trim! We are building now so I so know what you have gone through..hopefully its been a labor of love??? Would love you to visit my blog too about the building of our home and my passion for decor/design…great blog!

30. Nuha March 31, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Oh my goodness, your home is GORGEOUS! I love how the black crown moldings give it a gothic feel. you did an incredible job!!

31. Brandi April 1, 2011 at 10:51 am

Where is the fabric from on the chairs in the living room? It’s so pretty! The yellow gun chairs in the dining room are just awesome! They inspired me to do a piece of art I will hopefully have finished this weekend!

32. Amy April 5, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Is that a Veuve Clicquot tray that sits on your living room ottoman?? If so PLEASE tell me where you found it?!? Lovely lovely home!

33. Ann October 4, 2011 at 6:52 pm

The bar is perfect! Did you have the cabinets made for the space? If not, will you please share your source? Love it!