It’s Before and After Time!

Yay!!

We are going to start today with the kitchen and exterior and work our way through, sound good?

Great.

When we first met Clifford, The Big Red House he was pretty cute from the outside, but a little overgrown.

Like Bieber before his latest ‘do.

So we trimmed him up a little bit but he looked sad and bald.

But not for long! Handsome. Dashing.

And those guys are just there as a treat for your eyeballs on a Monday morning.

You are welcome.

The kitchen was kind of a disaster. Kind of really. Mostly because it was on the second floor with no adjacent dining area to speak of.

Whilst the master bedroom was occupying the highly valuable space at the back of the house that led out to the lovely backyard. So like, you would have to walk through the master to get to your back yard. And it was super dark and sadsville USA.

So we ripped all that junk out.

Let there be LIGHT!I apologize for the lack of styling below…obv taken pre photo shoot.Still lovely though, methinks.

Aww we like each other.

Up next…Living/Dining etc. Probs on Weds though, got another cozy nursery for you guys tomorrow.

Comments

1. Queen Mahin March 28, 2011 at 7:22 am

Love before and after! Clifford the big red house is gorgeous, and ripping out the kitchen is majorly brave. We had to do massive kitchen overhaul at Castle Queen Mahin, but not for a happy reason, because of a plumbing disaster. Three years later I’m still kind of recovering – still no doors on the cabinets. :). In the meantime, I’m enjoying stories of Clifford.

2. Cat@perpetualperfection March 28, 2011 at 7:23 am

The blue door is just so happy. I lurve it.

3. thingsthatsparkle March 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

Love seeing the before and afters. What an amazing accomplishment!

4. MFAMB March 28, 2011 at 8:45 am

that is some exciting shit.

5. Alex March 28, 2011 at 9:20 am

haha i love how the dog in the last picture is staring at his sandwich!

6. Heidi March 28, 2011 at 9:45 am

So happy you’re sharing the before and afters of such an amazing project. I would love you forever and ever if you divulged details about the process of such an involved reno!

7. alison@MLHP March 28, 2011 at 9:56 am

Insane. Nutso. Holy Crapola kind of good.
    On another note…is the painting in your dining area by chance a Julie Speed?

8. christine March 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

This space is what dreams are made of, FABULOUS job! The painting is fabulous, who is the artist?

9. christine March 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

This space is what dreams are made of, FABULOUS job! The painting is beautiful, who is the artist?

10. Laure March 28, 2011 at 10:24 am

How long did your reno take?

11. Sande March 28, 2011 at 10:55 am

Love the chairs around the table. Can you tell me where you found them?

12. KP March 28, 2011 at 10:57 am

my favorite photos are: 1) Bella and Bern dog at the front door, 2) last photo of Bella trying to sneak a bite from that sandwhich while the lovebirds eye each other. AND CLEARLY I LOVE THE HOUSE.

13. Sara March 28, 2011 at 11:02 am

I love your place! So beautiful! I can’t wait to see the rest of the before and afters.

14. Helena - A Diary of Lovely March 28, 2011 at 11:07 am

once again this proves the great job you guys have done! OMG, where is that smiley lamp from? the bedroom one?

15. Julie March 28, 2011 at 11:45 am

Simply stunning transformation Bailey! You are a fabulous designer and I love that your humor and personality really come out in your desigs. Please share where you got the bench/ settee!
    Happy Monday!

16. Vivian March 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Wow! I am in LOVE with your after kitchen! What a complete change and hhuge undertaking! I’m sure it was worth all your effort – it looks like a dream!

17. designstiles March 28, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I love how your dog (Bella?) is eyeing the sandwich like, Are you gonna finish that, Pete?

18. JMB March 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Love the kitchen. Was wondering what countertops you ended up going with and your reasoning behind and experience with them? We are currently starting our plans for our kitchen remodel and love how yours turned out!

19. JMB March 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm

And if you could also share info on your backsplash. Love, love, love!

20. kristin March 28, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Beautiful! I would love to know who built your cabinets and where you got the gorgeous wood floors…they are amazing! Can’t wait to see the rest of the before and afters.

21. Megan March 28, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Your house is beautiful! I love your kitchen, it is the vision I have when I finally am able to buy a home. Did you redo all of the kitchen cabinets? If so, what kind of obstacles did you find?

22. [...] Chicago Dogs Bernie & Bella.  Image: Peppermint Bliss. [...]

23. Emily March 29, 2011 at 11:28 am

Thanks for the poochie picture!

24. theresa April 5, 2011 at 10:23 am

Was the color in the kitchen a custom blend to match the painting?

25. [...] before and after images of the McCarthy homes: Chicago, Austin and [...]

26. […] before and after images of the McCarthy homes: Chicago, Austin and […]