Before&After: 3rd Floor Guest Bed and Family Room-UPDATEx2

So today is going to be a double post kind of day…Which is big for us around here. I have the last of our home tour from Rue, andĀ Style Me Pretty is featuring our wedding today!

Already up is our Wecome Reception, so check on over there throughout the day if you want to see all of the fab professional pictures I never got my act together to show you myself!

Pictures from the Wedding and Reception are up now!

And finally, the after party and our wedding video are up now! Enjoy!

I am warning you though. Having that much fun at your wedding…

Can lead to looking like this 6 months later.

And trust me…you did NOT want to see my head in that picture this morning.

Now, back to Clifford, The Big Red House.

Here we are folks, at the end of our before and after tour.

I hope you have enjoyed yourselves.

I have saved my favorite room for last…Our family room, which is on our third floor addition along with a guest bedroom.

During construction…

Looking into the guest room from the family room.

There have been a lot of questions about the light fixture. It’s vintage I believe and was a gift from my mommala, so I haven’t the foggiest where you could find one like it. Sorries! I am obsessed with the curtains, the fabric is Lee Jofa and is discontinued. More Sorries. Across from the bed is this lovely situation. That isn’t really an inlaid dresser though. It’s a fakey. It’s a good fakey though. I like. And through that doorway is my version of the Lonny bathroom I posted about.

I kind of lost decorating steam in here, but now that everything else is pretty much finished I plan on revisiting it soon.

And now my most favoritest room in the house. The family room.

Which was the last room I finished, and I just can’t get over how happy it is.

And in Rue you didn’t even SEE that there is a disco ball!!

Dance party in the USA!

You also didn’t get to see these angles…

Hey There, Mister Giraffe!Outside the doorway is a great roofdeck that we had not yet uncovered for spring, so sorry for that jankiness.

For spacial perspective purposes.

Opposite wall…Mr Giraffe normally lives on the left side of the console there. And I know I need to fix those wires. Petey bought the baby that elephant rocking horse as a Christmas present. Presh.

And that’s all folks!

As always the pretty pictures are all by Emily Anderson.

Thank you so much Rue for featuring our home!

It has been so rewarding to share it all with you.

Now it’s one to the next big project!

xoxo

Comments

1. ms. bright April 7, 2011 at 8:28 am

I still have a remnant of that LJ fabric that I’ve been hoarding. That’ll be the next show- Design Hoarders

I frickin love the disco ball and the vinty B&B print. The color scheme in there made my toes curl under!!

2. Char April 7, 2011 at 8:51 am

Where did you find/make/miraculously obtain that amazing velvet tufted sectional? I have been looking for exactly that for ages to no avail…

3. Annika April 7, 2011 at 9:56 am

Hey. Over here from Style Me Pretty. Your wedding looks like so much fun, I love the hat chandelier and the whole country theme. Pretty home too, by the way!

4. Koren April 7, 2011 at 10:04 am

Love this room, Bailey! Would love to know who makes that gorgeous sectional sofa, and also what fabric it is covered in. Also, where did you find the disco ball and the amazing brass elephant? Please let us know!:)

5. Helena - A Diary of Lovely April 7, 2011 at 10:37 am

very excited about the wedding bit, and i was actually thinking how strange none of the big wedding blogs was posting about it! and your home? I dont want to repeat myself once again so yeah… but for the record the giraffe made me laugh out loud, in the office! You are one of a kind Bailey, one of a very good kind that is :)

6. Sara April 7, 2011 at 10:43 am

You have such a beautiful home and I love your family room! I can’t wait to see the nursery you design.

7. pure.ruth April 7, 2011 at 11:59 am

it wouldn’t be a mccarthy family room w/o a disco ball. loves.

8. Liz @ A Happy Haven April 7, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Bailey! Look at all of these wonderful things going on in your life! That baby bump, I need to see it in person. So excited about your home and love seeing the professional pictures from your wedding weekend, I feel like we were all just there!

9. EJR April 7, 2011 at 1:05 pm

SMP is my favorite wedding blog out there, and your wedding and rehearsal dinner are amazing-balls, definitely at the top of my list on the SMP goodness charts. Love your disco ball, and I want that giraffe.

10. Kate April 7, 2011 at 3:50 pm

You’re house is SO FUN and gorgeous! Would love to know where you found the fakey inlaid dresser, as well as the nightstands in the guest room! I also ADORE the paint colors in the family room!! You’re my hero.

11. Missy April 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm

“I am warning you though. Having that much fun at your wedding… Can lead to looking like this 6 months later” … does this mean that the wedding night was, THE NIGHT (well not THE night, but the night that resulted in all of these fabulous baby posts!?!?).

Is that too personal to ask? Sorry, if it is. I just thought it was fantastic. haha

12. Katie April 7, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I would love to know where you got your inlaid dresser also!! I love it!

13. Mackenzie {Design Darling} April 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Congratulations on both features! Your home looks amazing and I cannot WAIT for your next big reveal. xoxoxo

14. KP April 7, 2011 at 4:45 pm

TAKE ME BACK TO THE WEDDING RIGHT NOW!

15. Nikole April 7, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Just popped over from SMP, and wanted to say that this blog is so fantastic I just HAD to leave you a comment. I’m dying to know what you did with some of that wedding decor. Did you get keep that fantastic red dance floor?Inquiring minds want to know :-)

16. cara April 7, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I am still trying to get over your home photos-and now you throw in your wedding! Its going to take me another week to take it all in :)

17. Ashley April 7, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Can you tell us where you sourced your rug? I’m in the market for some rugs, and I love the vibe you’ve got going.

18. Morgan April 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I have been looking at old Barnum and Bailey’s posters to put over my couch too! What made you decide on that print? Also, do you have any advice on how to decorate the walls behind a couch? I always want to put more crap up on the walls, but I don’t want it to look over worked! Ugh. Please write a design book.

19. Iris April 8, 2011 at 1:59 am

First of all..congrats on being featured in RUE…your house was definitely my favorite part of the issue, LOVE!!! 2nd..OMG your gold dress…to die for. Stunning!! 3rd…obsessed with your living room. Blue and orange are my fav color combo right now…it’s looks perfect. And the disco ball? Oh MY! Ok I can go on and on here. Again, Congrats…and on the baby too :-) Yay!!

20. Erin April 8, 2011 at 7:45 am

My oh My! I can’t even describe how much I love these rooms! What color did you use for that awesome coraly trim?!

21. Bre April 8, 2011 at 9:39 am

Your family room is BANANAS!! The salmony pink trim is TO DIE against the baby powder blue walls. And the LV trunk, Adler media console, and DISCO BALL? Ridic. Love it!

22. Penny April 8, 2011 at 9:45 am

Love Your House! I have black doors in my house too. Where did you get your crystal doorknobs? That would make my doors looking amazing as yours. : )

23. Gretchen April 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I said it before and I’m sure I’ll say it again: Zowie. What is the name of the paint color you used for your doors? Have you chosen your concert dates for Miss Britney’s tour?

24. Plum Pretty Sugar April 8, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Your wedding looks like such an amazing time. Lisa and Aaron did a fantastic job! So many congratulations to you!

xo

25. jacin {lovely little April 9, 2011 at 2:39 am

i just found your blog through abby’s recommendation in the SMP newsletter and love it!! congrats on the SMP feature, your wedding was gorgeous and the two of you are adorable. congrats on the baby on the way, and all the blessings in the world to you and yours :)

26. jacin {LLD} April 9, 2011 at 2:40 am

and PS – love love love love your gold dress!!!

27. Kate @ Travelmoon April 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Omg your wedding was just incredibly fabulous! I have looked at Style Me Pretty for years, and I think your wedding and the surrounding parties tops my favorites! Congrats on all of the fabulous things going on in your life i.e. baby, magazine feature!

28. Anna May 22, 2011 at 10:23 am

I just bought that circus book from kuhl-Linscomb and I was going to tell you to buy it but of course you already have it! It is fabulous and I couldn’t resist getting it. Love the room and the blog!

29. […] here and hereĀ  […]

30. Color! | The Farmer's Trophy Wife February 28, 2012 at 4:11 am

[…] *image from here* Share this:FacebookTwitterRedditDiggPrintEmailStumbleUponLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Home Sweet Home and tagged antler, antlers, country decor, country decorating, cowhide, decor, decorating, farm decor, farm decorating, home decor, ranch decor, ranch decorating, rustic, western, western decor, western decorating by The Farmer's Trophy Wife. Bookmark the permalink. […]

31. Christie February 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm

What is the color of paint you used for the black doors? Also, what is the white color you used for the walls/molding???

It looks fabulous!