Leave me alone, it’s Royal Wedding Day.*Update*

What are you doing here? SHOO! Get out of here! There are MUCH more important things going on right now.

There is no post today. I am much too excited about the Royal Wedding. I know I haven’t mentioned it but that is only because I have been way too hopped up to channel it into words.

And I don’t even care about Prince William. I mean he seems nice and all, but I really just love Kate. I think she is the beautifullest loveliest lady in all the land and even though looking at her makes me feel like a pear shaped loser, I still can’t look away-so entranced am I by her pure sparkliness.

So right now I am probably sitting next to my wedding dress (if I weren’t 6 months pregnant I would be IN it) in my pjs and a paper home made crown weeping into my bagel scone at the whole magical spectacle, and I think you all should probably do the same.

*Update*

I mean do we even need to talk about this?

It was perfection.

And yes she looked a lot like Grace.

But you know what? That’s a good thing because people STILL talk about Grace’s dress as the embodiment of classic fairytale princess, and in 60 years people will talk about Kate’s dress the same way.

And to all the knob jobs who thought she should have taken more of a risk.

1. I refer you to her neckline. Only a lady with no bizoom could attempt this-my preggo pair would look obscene in that situation- but on her it was rawr, but appropriate.

2. She is the first commoner to marry a close heir to the throne in 350 years. If she had come out there in some daring creation people would have been like HA! I knew she was a common idiot. I am sure she knew there was nothing bad people could say about the dress and I am sure knowing she didn’t have to worry about that help put her at ease on such an overwhelming day. As Forrest Gump would say,”That’s good. One less thing.”

And in conclusion, can I just say I have never been so happy to have the head of hair I have in my whole life.

Just the other day someone told me I would look good with blonde hair. I told them to lay of the ‘ludes.

As my best friends mom and staunch blondie would say, my brown hair is not the kind that can be “fixed” (aka dyed blonde) and I have always been good with that. Sure I’d feel a twinge of jealousy looking at radiant yellows like Gwyneth and Reese and Michelle Williams.

But now thanks to her royal hotness, I be whippin’ my brown curls back and forth with pride.

Comments

1. Rachel April 29, 2011 at 8:09 am

Ummm amazing, right? Dress, jewels, hair…I think I would totally hate her if she weren’t so pretty and calm and poised and acted like it wasn’t a big deal, and didn’t have such perfect hair.
    But seriously how was she so calm? Meditation? Xanax? A legion of princess trainers instructing her on poise and calm? …xananx?

2. Liz {a happy haven} April 29, 2011 at 9:24 am

She is perfect. Her Alexander McQueen dress, her tiara, her handmade shoes, her poise and elegance. I could not stop staring at her this morning and could not leave for work until I saw them smooch!

3. Heidi April 29, 2011 at 9:34 am

You’re hilarious. And she is perfection. Happy weekend!

4. Maureen April 29, 2011 at 9:56 am

Oh how I tried so hard to get up at 4, but at least I yawned my way to some level of consciousness just in the nick to see lovely Kate walking down the aisle. Oh the hats, why don’t we where hats?! I’m longing for a place to where a hat like that, and I don’t think car pool and Krogers qualifies…or does it? Hmm…

5. Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself April 29, 2011 at 11:11 am

Wow – looking at these photos of her fresh, lovely face makes me realize how much weight she’s lost and how it does NOT suit her. She looks much better with a softer, fuller face. It’s too angular now… almost masculine. Oh my gosh, someone’s go to tar and feather me for saying this, aren’t they?

6. pure.ruth April 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm

SO PURE.

7. Sarah April 29, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I am laughing my tush off right now at this post. Hilarious. I’m gaga over Kate too… Isn’t she lovely?

8. A Casa da Vá April 29, 2011 at 4:16 pm

You are adorable! Love your paper crown idea… And yes she is absolutely stunning and she was the reason I woke up super early this morning! I don’t think I even noticed the prince, couldn’t help but just stare at her…

Hugs & kisses from Rio!

9. Maureen April 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Hiliarious, look what getting up at the crack of dawn has done to my sleep deprived brain…let’s not where hats, but maybe wear them! But only if yu want too becuz hat whering is a very personnel decision, and only if your sure…just sayin…

10. Cathy April 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Hi there,
    I stumbled upon your blog, and just wanted to tell you how much I love reading your posts.
    You are so incredibly funny!

11. Lia April 30, 2011 at 4:46 pm

totally agree with everything you just said !!

12. Courtney Blackburn April 30, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Ditto to everything. Yay for brunettes!

13. Amber April 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I LOVED her dress……
    Wait, was it a bit nippley for anyone else? were her boobie cups weird or am I just paying waaaaay to much attention? Maybe both…hmm

14. Megan May 1, 2011 at 10:24 am

Amber, I totally agree! My exact thought when she climbed out of that car was “oh it must be a bit cold over there!” but the whole wedding was wonderful and I thought she looked amazing and natural!
    Plus, I’m thinking of dying my light brown hair darker now!

15. erin May 2, 2011 at 9:22 am

I completely agree with your assessment. Thank goodness she didn’t try to be “daring!” She was elegant and classy. Also, there are only so many ways to design a wedding dress – it was bound to be reminiscent of someone – and who better than Grace Kelly? Yay Kate!

16. H.G. The Countess May 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Did you see her second dress? It was pretty amaze as well.

17. LA May 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Love love love. Everything about it. She’s classy and I love that she didn’t take a huge risk. The press would have had a field day with that! I have never embraced my dark brown, long, thick hair more than I am right now! Next weekend I am in a wedding and I’m bringing a picture of her and saying “Do this, all of it, right now!” Also, she was way calm and poised. I would have been shaking like a leaf.

18. Ana May 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm

love you! This post (and all others) made my day.