Keepin’ It Weird…

…Pete and I are headed to Austin today to see some friends, celebrate his being finished with law school, and figure out our living situation. I am very excited because we will be staying here:

At The Hotel Saint Cecilia- which I have never stayed at but have been obsessed with since my cool dela cool friend Mayzr told me about it months back.

And eating here:

Their brie tempura is my destiny.

And I might even dunk my largess-ness in these baptismal pools.

Although walking down the hill towards Barton Springs in front of spectators at this point in my pregnancy might be a bit too scurry.

We had a follow up ultrasound yesterday and everything is looking good with Girly McBaby, so thank you all for your sweet comments and emails! I will keep you all posted!

Comments

1. Megan Abigail Chandl May 26, 2011 at 7:21 am

Well this looks like a fabo vacay!

2. abby May 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

uchi is FABULOUS. OMG. Love. It is best if you have them just bring things out from the chef!

3. Molly May 26, 2011 at 8:32 am

shut the front door – i am also staying in austin this weekend for a get-away with my boyfriend! maybe we’ll bump into eachother on a rooftop bar on 6th street… oh wait.. i mean, maybe we’ll bump into eachother at the local donut shop? or wee, that cute modern baby store by the W? eeeek, i love austin!

4. Brandi May 26, 2011 at 9:35 am

What a beautiful hotel, I just love that shade of pink! Have a great time! If you ever want to stop by in Dallas I can show you some of my favorite haunts that will have you drooling!

5. Melissa May 26, 2011 at 10:11 am

Please keep the Austin tips coming… heading there 2 weeks from tomorrow for my bachelorette :)

6. christine May 26, 2011 at 10:34 am

Oh my goodness…this place looks amazing. Have a fabulous time!!

7. courtney blackburn May 26, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Good news:
    part 1: yesterday I received my tdap (tetanus and whooping cough) vaccination so I can be a “caretaker” for alicias baby
    Part 2: i will be in austin as of july 14th and thus will be a qualified babysitter.

8. leMel May 26, 2011 at 4:23 pm

jealous. go to snow beach for me!

9. Kelly May 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm

You picked a beautiful weekend to enjoy Austin! (although it’s going to be a hot one…) I’m planning a trip to Barton Springs tomorrow, maybe see you there! Safe travels!

10. Kelly May 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm

p.s. you and your hubby should check out Uchiko, sister restaurant to Uchi, sometime! Just as delicious, and they’ve got some truly exotic, amazing dishes!

11. Jenny May 26, 2011 at 6:49 pm

LOVE Austin!! That hotel looks awesome! Welcome back :)

12. helen May 27, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I miss you :(

13. Maca Martinez May 27, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Dear Bailye, I’m so glad the “misdiagnosi”issue turned out fine for you and your precious nugget! Such a scary situation! It was brillliant of you to ask for a second opinion! Congrats to Attorney in Law Pete! Hope you three enjoy your trip to Austin, get te chance to relax and have fun after all this odisey. By the way, I love the crib! It’s so you: Golden!. A huge hug my dear. I’ll be praying and sending all my love to you and your beauty princess! Happy Weekend! XoXo

14. A Casa da Vá May 31, 2011 at 4:48 pm

What a gorgeous hotel, the room is so tasteful and does not look like like those standard hotel rooms that are so lame… Great choice!

Hugs & kisses from Rio!

15. Sarah June 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm

How cool! I just did a post on the Saint Cecelia and part of my “back yard vacation” series! I love Austin.