Which do you prefer?

Folks, I have found myself in the market for an outdoor daybed situation.

The climate here, and my current 7+month pregnant body, pretty much requires that I spend my remaining days until Girly McBaby joins us floating in cold water. Otherwise I might literally burn up.

And it’s only getting hotter, people.

I think it would be oh so civilized if in betwixt dunks I had some sort of shaded lounge situation to deprune upon. And while luckily my parents have a pool, they have zero sticks of pool furniture. This was never a problem before, as I am quite the outdoors lady and would just throw a towel down on the ground beside the pool, but now I am afraid that might just be too uncomfortable in my pregnant state.

Tough life, I know.

SO I have narrowed my search to the following and would very much appreciate you weighing in on this important decision.

Option 1: Palmetto Wicker Daybed

Option 2: Del May Queen Daybed

Option 3: Antibes Canopy Daybed

Option 4: Balinese Daybed & Canopy

Option 5: Venezia Pavillion + Antibes Chaise

So which is your fave?

Democratic Decorating here, rock the vote.

Comments

1. Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself May 25, 2011 at 10:55 am

Either of the chaise lounges. I like having something sturdy to lean against. Daybeds are too… unpredictable. And you have to sit more upright. So I vote the Antibes Canopy Daybed or the last one!

Geez – can I join you?!

2. ashley May 25, 2011 at 10:59 am

gorgeous picks! love the del may, but it reminds me of a beach resort daybed and might not be the most practical day-to-day. totally agree with alaina that you’ll want some support. my fave is #4!

xo.ashley

3. Catherine May 25, 2011 at 11:13 am

Alaina makes good points, but I still vote for the Balinese Daybed and Canopy. At first I thought the last one, since it seems so you, but since it’s going to (and staying at?) your parents’ house, I think the Balinese would be more fitting. Of course, I’m basing this pretty much entirely on the guest-room-turned-nursery post of yesterday… That could be a mistake.

4. Beth May 25, 2011 at 11:18 am

Options 4 and 5 are my favs…option 5 is nice because when the baby comes she will only see black and white so the stripes might be stimulating while also keeping her shaded from the hot sun!

5. janebird May 25, 2011 at 11:23 am

piled high with cushies, they’d all be mucho comfortable, but just go to town and scoot into venezia + antibes already! tres, tres you.

6. Jaye May 25, 2011 at 11:29 am

My vote is for the wicker daybed. At leaset with the day bed you can just swing your legs to get out. With the chairs (the arms) you’ll have to scooch down with your pregnant belly then swing your legs out. Seems the arms are going to get in the way when you’re 7 1/2 months preggers. Just say’n….

7. Soraya May 25, 2011 at 11:33 am

I agree with the ladies above, option 3 or 5 would be the most pratical for you right now but I am not known to be practical, so my pick is option 1. I love that day bed and have been drooling over it myself, but since I am an apartment dweller, that is all I will be doing. :-)

8. Brittany May 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

Option 2, for sure- purely because it reminds me of the One & Only…yum

9. ashley May 25, 2011 at 11:38 am

I love the Venezia stripes the best but they’re all fab! I would take the one that comes with a hot guy to fan me w/ giant palm leaves and keep my drink refreshed.

10. Leslie May 25, 2011 at 11:40 am

Option #1: curtains can come down depending on where the sun is at the time and not too deep that you won’t be able to get out of it!

11. AnnMarie May 25, 2011 at 11:47 am

#1 looks the most versatile to me – you can enjoy the breeze (if it ever comes) or close it up. Also looks like you can arrange the pillows to be extra comfy! The Antibes chaise looks really nice too if you’d rather the adjustable back support. Sounds so relaxing! :)

12. Cat May 25, 2011 at 11:55 am

Option #3 or #5 for sure. Definitely NO to option #4 that does not look comfy. Too hard. Happy sunning!

13. megan beth May 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Ouuu, loving these options! My favorites are either number two, or number five!

14. leMel May 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm

i’m torn b/w option 3 & 5….. i definitely prefer a lounge chair that is under some type of shade situation to a full on bed – you’re going to want to prop yourself up at some point to read your how to be the best mom books and a bed isn’t ideal for that. can you get option 5 in light pink or turquoise – then you can pretend you’re at the BHH conmigo!

15. Rachel May 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Option 2 and Option 5 are both to die for. I’m especially a fan of the circus theme.

16. Brandi May 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I like option number 3. You could jazz it up with some fancy trim and some pillows too if you want. Then hubby could lay out with you on occasion. I’ve always dreamed of lounging poolside in a double chaise!

17. Shauna May 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Del May Queen Day Bed!! We live in Las Vegas and have a couple of friends with this exact bed and everyone loves to pile on and crash during evening pool parties. During the day, there is enough room to pile fruit and virgin spritzers on a serving tray. With lots of pillows and a light throw blanket, it is perfect! It’s hot here too sister, I feel your pain! :)

18. Allison May 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm

OPTION 5!!!!!! Without a doubt.

19. Melissa May 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Balinese daybed. I have always loved that daybed. Jealous of your pool and weather!

20. Lisa May 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Something chair-like. By month 9, trying to haul yourself off the bed from a prone position will be like watching a beached turtle spinning on its shell. Get something that has arms you can use to pull yourself up, and has support for sitting upright. The Antibes or the last tone.

21. Rachel May 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Options 1 and 4 are my favorites. For sure.

22. Katie May 25, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I looove #5!

23. maymay May 25, 2011 at 3:32 pm

either antibes or balinese.

i like the antibes bc i can snuggle up with you! of which i will be doing often.

24. Allyson May 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Option one and four are definitely the best, but in this south texas heat, you definitely need something to lean up against so the chaise lounges might be best. That way you aren’t laying on something incredibly comfortable, drowning in your own sweat.

25. Cynthia May 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Option #2! I love that the bed is larger…for stretching out!

26. Lexi May 25, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Option #1!!! Pleanty of room and shade! Simply elgant.

27. Lexi May 25, 2011 at 5:22 pm

*elegant

28. alison@MLHP May 25, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Oh, gawd, I’m SO not ready for those sweltering temps!
    I vote Antibes or Balinese.

29. Melissa May 25, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I like option 5… then when McBaby comes, you’ll have a tent to let her crawl around in too.

30. Annie May 25, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I think your best bets are options 1 or 4. While #2 is totally lush and perfect…9 months pregnant will not appreciate it. You will have a tough time getting up and out. I think anything you choose though will be complemented nicely by a bell – that way you can ring it when you need a refill of the fresh lemonade or cucumber water that you should be drinking while lounging poolside…total must-haves.

31. Sarita May 25, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Venezia Pavillion or delmay Queen day bed!!!

32. Kelly May 25, 2011 at 7:20 pm

#4, Definitely! Not only is it fabulous, but easier to get out of with prego belly than the others! And it has the flowy canopy look. I know I’m having it. :)

33. Liz May 25, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Options 2 and 4 are great! Number 2 has lots of room for multiple people to lounge and Number 4 is a little cozier, but with less space. I like them both!

34. Robin May 25, 2011 at 10:49 pm

LOVE Option 4–and am so jealous of your weather. I’m afraid we’ll be building an ark soon….

35. Kate Collins May 26, 2011 at 1:08 am

Option 5 all the way!!

36. Aimee May 26, 2011 at 3:36 am

I vote option 1. Although after selling outdoor furniture for many years I will suggest that you look at a few features in particular.
    Look at the UV ratings of the whole product (frame coating, cushion covers, cushion fillings, screws and nuts etc). Check the cushion quality and type, the foam inside the cushion (ask what they are filled with, and whether they are mould and mildew protected). Check if the cushion covers can be removed and washed (rather than dry cleaned), and make sure you can order replacement cushions (buying custom made outdoor cushions are very, very pricey).
    Also look into what the frames are, the best is aluminium, and the worst is steal (this will rust and corrode). A quick test of the frame is just pick up one end, if it’s light for the size then it’s aluminium, but if it weighs a tonne then it’s most probably steal.
    Also look into what environment it will be going in, is it near the beach, so it has lots of salt in the air (will make any metal rust), or is it near a pool so will always be wet with chlorine water (will bleach any timber and cushions).

If you check all these things then you will get good life expectancy from whatever you buy. Good luck.

37. April May 26, 2011 at 10:18 am

I’d have to say I like option 4, but the last option seems most reasonable.

38. Amber May 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Stripey Pergs and outside bed are my vote….

Just In case my abreeves are confusing.
    Last 2 pictures. Now go..go and buy!

39. Kaitlyn G May 26, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I personally love #4 and #1. And I am wicked jealous of your hot weather. Today was one of the first days its stopped raining in NH all summer. Enjoy the sun!!!

40. Alyssa May 27, 2011 at 4:42 pm