It’s fall!

My most favorite season. Not that it is that pronounced in the southern climes we currently find ourselves in.
But my fingerling potatoes are very festive.

Look at them in their olive/military green finery. I was recently told olive green is “my color” and as I am VERY receptive to compliments about my physicality these days, I am taking it and running with it.

Look at those saus-eeej-ez. Still a bit swole from the pregnancy. Or something.

The color is called “Ugh, Roll Down The Window” by OPI- and what could truly be more charming than that?

And I will be rocking it all fall. I am really loving the purity of a good manicure these days.

Do you go darker in the fall? What are your signature colors?

Comments

1. Allyson September 26, 2011 at 8:45 am

It looks so good! Vitamin B6 is a really great natural way to reduce swelling. Not sure if this is compatible with the whole breast feeding thing, but it really helps! And the color looks so good! But are you dying with all the mosquitoes in Houston? It’s so unbearable with the humidity!

2. Linda Williams September 26, 2011 at 10:41 am

Girl. You have our “Monkey Paws” Not that Monkeys literally have paws per se….but it’s been a handed down phrase in our family, literally, lol! OH! To have slender, long surgeon-like phalanges……play piano…but I digress, lol! LOVE the nail color, baby and you! Have a GREAT day!

3. Linda Williams September 26, 2011 at 10:45 am

Girl. You have what my family call…”Monkey Paws”. Yup. No glamour here. And since the term was handed down to the poor unfortunates who inherited the strong, capable, yet stubby falanges….SINCE WHEN did a monkey have paws? BTW the color is AWESOME!

4. shelley September 26, 2011 at 10:49 am

Nice!!
    I love Very Structured by Essie–a reddish brown-
    and our weather is perfect here in Colorado
    love your blog–

5. pure.ruth September 26, 2011 at 11:28 pm

ha.ha.ha.

i remember once when someone we know was wearing green nails in houston and got SO MUCH grief. who was the hip, fashionable girl??

6. Emily September 26, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I had enough of all this fall talk around the blogs while we are still getting temps in the mid to high 90s in Houston, so I painted my nails a dark gray (Essie Smokin Hot) to feel better! It worked! PS – I had your corn from Relish this weekend. Delish!

7. Jules September 30, 2011 at 12:02 am

I like Suzy says da by opi