We are moving into Mr. Banks in a week!

More like 10 days. Really, it is soon. And that is all that matters because I am about to lose my ever loving mind in this apartment. Kudos to you big city dwelling moms with tiny spaces, because I sure don’t have the moral fiber for it.

In fact.

Have y’all heard about that book Room? It’s a bestseller and I have it on my iPad to read but I think it might hit a little close to home these days. It is about a little boy who grows up living in a windowless room with his mother- they are abducted or something- anyway he thinks the whole world is ROOM and I am kind of frightened that is how Gracie might start to feel if we don’t escape these four walls soon.

Which brings me to happy news!
Look how good George Banks be looking!

For a refresher here is the pro-cessss.

Before when we bought it…

During demo.

And now.

Again, before.

Demo.

and NOW!
Yippeeee!!

Comments

1. Meg Little XO September 28, 2011 at 8:12 am

I love pure white kitchens…lookin’ good! Can’t wait to see it all finished!

2. Melissa September 28, 2011 at 9:02 am

Can’t wait to see more – you have such great style.

3. Jhatt September 28, 2011 at 9:07 am

NOOO!! Don’t leave just yet!!! GB looks great!!!! :)

4. Jillian September 28, 2011 at 9:11 am

That kitchen! Gorgeous!

5. Allyson September 28, 2011 at 9:27 am

It looks so amazing!!! Can’t wait to see it with everything inside! Good luck moving!!

6. Allyson September 28, 2011 at 9:32 am

Just had to say AGAIN how freaking awesome this is! SUCH A CHANGE! I can’t stop looking!

7. Izzy September 28, 2011 at 10:05 am

Love.love.love. So pure and crisp!! Can’t wait to have the McC’s back in Austin!!!!!

8. Sophie September 28, 2011 at 10:11 am

literally JUST finished room on Monday … loved it, you should start as soon as you have the time! i’m sure you don’t have much extra, but looks like 10 days from now will leave you with even less, you’ll be too excited to get things done :) love the purity of your new kitchen and dining space!

9. Melanie September 28, 2011 at 10:18 am

looks fabulous, can’t wait to see the end result!

10. Alaina @ LCY September 28, 2011 at 10:31 am

That island!! Just how many inches thick is that slab of marble?! It’s divine! Can’t wait to see it all together!

11. KP September 28, 2011 at 10:40 am

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE MR. BANKS! ROOM is soo good! I loved it. It’s crayzay.

12. hello lover September 28, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Loving it! 10 days will fly and then you will be in that amazing white and marble kitchen!

13. Lauren September 28, 2011 at 9:07 pm

LOVED Room, but I’ve heard it’s a little tougher read for mothers. I totally recommend though. And the house is looking fantastic, baby will have such a lovely place to grow in!

14. Christine September 28, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Oh my gosh! I LOVE your new kitchen!!! Can I please have it?? pretty please?

15. Brandi September 29, 2011 at 10:12 am

I’ve read room and it is pretty sad but I’m not a mom so I don’t know what i can say about that, it’s a bit of hard read though. That kitchen is simply beautiful! Can’t wait to see it with all your pretty things in it. It’s certainly a different look from Clifford!

16. Kristyn M September 29, 2011 at 10:28 am

Your kitchen is beautiful! Congrats on almost being done!

I read ROOM. It is a difficult read and I don’t have children. I still don’t know what I think of the book overall. I don’t know if I thought it was creepy or eye-opening or what. I’m glad I read it but I don’t think I would read it again.

17. Annie September 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

homegirl. I’ve got to tell you, i looove the blog, love you, think you are hysterical and smart with the perfect amount of sas. And i always feel defensive when people write mean comments about your jokes especially when they aren’t getting your sense of humor. but this is why i feel it is my duty as your loyal follower and defender to tell you that this post is a bit snotty. most people out there will never be able to afford the ahhhmazing house you guys just bought…let alone have the chance to totally redo it to your liking. just make sure you don’t lose sight of keeping things real. be grateful that even the “woof” kitchen is nicer then most could ever dream of. enjoy the new house and keep bringing the laughs.

18. Annie September 29, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I need my friends to give me reality checks daily. trust…i love and appreciate your blog more then you realize. keep it up!