I am shocked.

SHOCKED by all of your depravity.

Carrot Top?? REALLY!?

Who knew all of my readers were a bunch of filthy perverts. ;)

I’d go cheese FOR SURE!!! I think a lot of you Carrot Top choosers didn’t consider that maybe society would consider sweating cheese to be an incredible gift/skill. You could be the patron saint of CHEESE! WHAT an honor.

ANYWAY!

Thank you for all of the chair advice, even though it left me utterly perplexed.

Luckily, our DWR here is awesome and let me check out both chairs on loan for a few days so we could see not only how they serve Pete’s delicate behind, but also investigate the other issues y’all mentioned. I was fully expecting to not like either of them.

But…We have a winner!

The eames was quickly nixed by Pete because you can’t tuck your legs up under them. K- you were right, TOTAL pain in the ankle/achilles heel.

I am, however, surprised to report that we both LOVED the tulip chair. I totally believe all of the issues you guys mentioned, but maybe they redesigned them a bit? They weren’t heavy at all…And scooted really easily on the floor. And that swively function is really a lot of fun.
Now I am slightly concerned that the vintage set I found won’t be so light and maneuverable…And I won’t know unless I buy them and ship them here.  What to do what to do.

Buying them new is just too expensive…although for all of you who may be interested in a tulip they are supposed to go on sale from DWR soon.

I guess y’all will just have to wait and see what we decide on. Which should be soon, my February resolution is to get this place properly photographed!

Comments

1. Melissa January 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I think you made the right choice… and I cannot wait to see your home photographed!

2. Bre January 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm

You get a very enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

3. kkrs January 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Bailey,

I’m glad that you figured out your chair situation. Worst case scenario, you can always sell the tulip chairs if they don’t work out. (for probably more than you paid for them!) Glad that you decided to go for them. Twirling is always a favorite activity of mine whether it is in a chair or alone in my living room. :)

As for making out with carrot top or smelling like cheese… I don’t know what is better/worse. I asked my husband if he would rather make out with Rosie O’Donnell (my male version of carrot top) or smell like swiss cheese. He chose both. (silly kiddo!) I am still on the fence. However, being the goddess of gouda wouldn’t be that bad! And carrot top, well, that would be bad!

I like this whole would you rather thing that you have going on!

K.

4. Anna January 25, 2012 at 8:17 pm

unrelated to carrot top, but saw these ridic ombre shoes and couldn’t help but think: “Peppermint Bliss”

5. janebird January 25, 2012 at 9:16 pm

GET A LOAD of those brows. the arch is… breathtaking.
    p.s. enjoy every twirl, just don’t end up like this crazy loony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNIMEbbPWY

6. cara @ CGC January 26, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Yay ~ I was routing for the tulip!