Celebrity Doppleganger.

Gracie may have the physique of a baby Tracy Anderson.

But I have nailed the Winona Ryder.

Beeeeetlejuice.

WTFLIPPP!!!!!!!!!!

I am told this bizarre hair loss and regrowth is just another one of the miracles of pregnancy, although I have been decidedly unpregnant for about 8 months now.

So shall we revisit the Zooey proposition? Better than Beetlejuice hair, right?

No? We are liking the 90s throwback spiky banglettes?

And a note to my body:

If you ever want our brain to agree to host another baby in our belly, stop.messing.with.me. No more crazy hair situations, scars, pyrogenic granulomas, insane weight gain, etc. Just cool it, ok?

Comments

1. janebird March 26, 2012 at 8:26 am

1) alright, what the hello, is this true? hair loss? i thought you already had to deal with, you know, hosting another human on your person for nine months, oh and GIVING BIRTH. what next?
    2) if they’re soft and feathered out and swoopy and long and they’ll.grow.back.gracefully, go on with your bad self!
    3) sheryl said it best back in 1990something “if it maaaakes you happy, it can’t be that baaaad!” (i sing it to myself every time i find shoes. should twerk for bangs too.)

2. Erica March 26, 2012 at 9:39 am

Glad to know I am not alone! My little one is 10 months today and I am having the same problem! I was just contemplating bangs last night! After my sis-in-law said they reminded her of J-Lo. These little wipsy things are driving me crazy!

3. mel March 26, 2012 at 10:09 am

DON’T DO IT! I had the same thing happy and thought about bangs. My hairdresser told me the little hairs are more powerful and would control the longer bangs, sending them in all sorts of funky directions. She said I needed the weight of the longer hair to attempt to control the little bastards.

My baby is 18 months old, and I’m still dealing with regrowth. And the sad thing is it’s not just at your hairline, it’s ALL OVER YOUR HEAD. So when it gets about 2 more inches long and hits humidity, your hair will turn into a bush. The Living Proof Frizz line at Sephora is the only thing that tames it (and I live in Seattle so know moisture).

4. Allyson March 26, 2012 at 11:14 am

I’ve thought about the bangs quite a bit but always been too chicken to try. My hair dresser however told me if I wanted to try them, she could fandangle them so they could easily become side swept bangs if I got too freaked out. But even with that to lure me in. I still haven’t been able to take the jump. However, since you are more adventurous than me, it is something to explore!

5. Katie March 26, 2012 at 11:47 am

I have bangs and it is a love/hate relationship. I’d say 93% love 7% hate. And only hate when they are long and I can’t be bothered to get them trimmed. But with some bobby pins and hairbands, you make it through to the next trim. Try it! If you don’t like them you can always grow them out!

6. Amy Q. March 26, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Don’t do it! this happened to me after after both my pregnancies. I would ask my husband daily if I looked like I was going bald. Eventually it will grown back, but boy is it a frustrating process.

7. whitney March 26, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Ba Ha Ha Please tell me you’re dancing around your house to ‘Jump In The Line’

8. Louisa March 26, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Ugh, pregnancy is the gift that keeps on giving. At least your fuzzies are staying down – mine stuck out and nothing would make them be normal/lay down flat. So annoying! I ended up doing the side-swept bang look and it sort of worked. Good luck!

9. Lisa March 26, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I have been un-pregnant for three years now and I STILL have those going on.

10. Amy L. March 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Me too. Sigh. Only mine is naturally mega curly so bangs are not an option and the frizz is INSANE! Hard to look like a pulled together mommy when my hair is a wreck!

11. therobynnest March 26, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I have the sames situation going on, and did with my first child, too. There was a day in 2010 that I realized that your boobs really do go back to the shape they used to be, and that your hair really does grow back in from where it was lost. Then I found out I was two months pregnant.

12. Helen March 26, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Remind me to show you a pic of me after Charlie was born! My hairline receded 2″ ! I looked like Chewbaca! ’twas bizarre . Bails, having children is a slow and steady process of dying to self! Say bye bye to Bails as you formerly knew her! Trust me… I know this to be true. But it’s way worth it! Big butt, bangs , whatever the lil chillens cost you ; ) !!!!!

13. Candice March 26, 2012 at 11:58 pm

My second baby is 18 mos and I still have these wisps at both temples. My hair is fine, but curly, so they look like horns when left to dry naturally. Good times. I agree with not cutting bangs short. Instead, I went short in the back (like, shaved) and am allowing the top to grow out. They call it a pixie. There are several variations. I chose the Kate Lanphear version and invested in a new ion hair dryer and f

14. Candice March 27, 2012 at 12:11 am

My second child is 18 mos. and I am still suffering from massive hair fallout that began when she turned 8 mos. I agree it’s a bad idea to go for bangs. Consider going short in the back and leaving it long in the front, like the New Wave hair dos of yore. Google Kate Lanphear or pixie haircuts and choose the skater hair that works for you. Make the appointment with the salon owner. Invest in new styling tools and products. Skip the make-up and spend more time on the hair, because no matter how cute your outfit is, or how great your skin looks on any given day, if the hair isn’t right, nothing else is right. Also, grab some Suave dry shampoo so you can go longer between blowouts because we all know that mommas don’t always have time to wash and style. Rock on.

15. Lauren March 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm

haha your comparison to Winona Ryder is so astute… but seriously, you could just as easily nail the Audrey Hepburn with those tiny bangs.

16. bevy March 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm

The same thing happened to me, so yep, I inevitably went with bangs also, but side swept ones, which worked well with my hair situation.