Country Mouse

I’m a country mouse at heart.

And this kitchen completely warms my country mouse heart.

I passionately love everything about it.

I imagine it in this house.

Somewhere that I could have chickens.

And ponies.

And some snuggly lambs, obviously.

Tender shepherd.

Comments

1. janebird April 17, 2012 at 7:49 am

that read like a country-mouse haiku. bravissimo.

2. Mackenzie April 17, 2012 at 8:35 am

Love the color of the cabinets! So nice to see a departure from the typical neutrals. And that range, can’t even talk about it…..Schlove.

3. Melissa April 17, 2012 at 9:15 am

That kitchen is dreamy – I have the same aspirations! An old farmhouse with chickens, a garden, cows, and horses

4. Rachel April 17, 2012 at 9:20 am

(1) Love the kitchen. Especially the leaded windows. Also, is that a microwave installed below the countertop? genius
    (2)omg laaaaaambs so sweet.

5. Lauren April 17, 2012 at 9:25 am

I am all about the gold hardware.

6. Jacqueline April 17, 2012 at 10:39 am

OMG. Love.

7. Erin | Holtwood Hips April 17, 2012 at 11:19 am

I agree that it’s pretty fab. Great mix of colors and metals set off by all that wondrous light coming through the windows.

8. Holtwood Hipster April 17, 2012 at 11:20 am

I agree it’s pretty fab. Great mix of colors and metals set off by all that wondrous light coming through the windows.

9. Carrie April 17, 2012 at 11:43 am

FYI- Williams Sonoma has started selling chicken coops. So even you chickens could have some chic dwellings.

10. Jenny April 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I love the country vision, but those lambs look a lot less cuddly with those little brown nuggets at their feet.

11. Hannah April 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I love this. Simple life visions. Ah.

12. Amy April 17, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I painted my kitchen a minty green solely based on that kitchen inspiration. Love it.

13. Whitney April 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm

So Snuggly!!!

14. Kkrs April 18, 2012 at 12:00 am

This is really pretty. I am a white kitchen lady, but this is really beautiful! My favorite part about this post is the wraparound porch on that fab Victorian. I would sit there all day sipping on some sweet tea and margaritas! Oh, if you do ever get a lil menagerie farm, please do get 2 goats. 1 Pygmy and 1 fainting, please. Then invite me over often!

15. Garrison Hullinger April 19, 2012 at 4:20 am

Thanks so much for the lovely post. Your dreamy sitting is amazing with the large wrap around porch and old growth trees. This kitchen resides within a 1901 Craftsman. The clients were leary at first sight of the cabinets but now, like everyone who enters the space, love the colors and the mix of metal finishes in this luxe kitchen with a murano glass chandelier and Concetto semi-precious stone countertops. Surely any country mouse would be happy in this home? Thanks again for the lovely post.