Humiliation Diet: Week 12

Didn’t check in with y’all last week, I was traveling for Easter and eating my face off. And was dreading my weigh in this morning because of the last two weeks that I took off a program. But I am actually down another 1/2 a pound. 9.5 overall. I will take it. I need to step it up a bit if I am going to come close to my June 1 goal…But I am not torturing myself and starting to feel more like myself for the first time in a year, which is a very good thing.

I have finally come to terms with what everyone told me from the beginning:

I probably won’t be back to my old size until Gracie’s 1st Birthday.

That doesn’t mean I am not going to try to get there before, but everyone is right. It has gotten so much easier to lose weight now that she is moving around and I have to chase her. And now that she is eating table food with us, I am actually cooking healthier things! Like I would never feed my pure perfect baby some of the salt and fat that I don’t think twice about putting into my own food to yum it up, so in doing better for Gracie I am doing better for myself.

Oh, Motherhood.

You come with a lot of angst and scars, but when you actually start to submit to the changes and allow yourself to be changed, which I have done kicking and screaming, it is pretty awesome.

You know what else is pretty awesome?This pink parrot.

Heyyy Pretty Bird!

Happy Weekend, everyone.

Comments

1. Pinkie April 13, 2012 at 10:48 am

I love you and am proud of you and think you look great! Happy Weekend, I hope I get to see you!

2. Melissa April 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Great job that is a lot of weight lost!

3. MFAMB April 13, 2012 at 6:22 pm

is it weird that that bird’s eye looks like a sour gummy eye and i want to eat it?

4. Petrina April 14, 2012 at 10:11 am

Great Post – well done. Where, oh where did you find this photo from? I want it, and I want it sooooo bad. I want it framed, as large as possible. Look forward to finding where you got him from.

5. Julia April 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm

LOVE the bird. It’s pure goodness. You will seriously die at how much easier it is to lose the baby weight once she’s up and running. You’ll burn about a gazillion calories all before lunch. Now that I have my sweet 20 month old to chase plus an infant I swear it’s the best diet I’ve ever been on. No time to eat so I’m forced to make better choices.

6. janebird April 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm

GO GO GADGET! {derby} hats off.

7. janebird April 16, 2012 at 2:14 pm

alright this is creepy topped with coo-coo-frosting, but amidst planning my wedding (and stalking the daylights out of yours ages ago), this little bride bird popped up and cheeped “I could be Bailey’s sister!” to my peepers. is the resemblance lost on everyone else? the interwebz make you crazy. http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/picture/518048