Werk It…

I’ve been doing a lot of bedrooms lately.

For this room the client wanted this awesome bed, loved her some chiang mai, and had to stick to that ol’ pesky budget.

Bedrooms are fun. But hard. There are so many different elements, budget can add up quickly.

And as I have lamented before…Not so many good budget friendly bedding sources.

Anyone have a great bedding source they want to share?
Also, if you want to hire me to see what we can do for your bedroom/living room/rumpus room?

Email Me

peppermintbliss@gmail.com

Comments

1. MFAMB April 23, 2012 at 8:01 am

delicious. no good bedding sources for cheap.

my go to’s are garnet hill, cuddledown and the company store. oh and pottery barn makes some decent sheets. and none of them are cheap to me.

2. E. April 23, 2012 at 8:15 am

bedrooms ARE hard! I have this gorgeous bedding set, but can’t commit to a wall color to pair with it….

3. Rachel April 23, 2012 at 8:23 am

(1) Pleeease continue your e-design business, at least until next year when I make real fancy-pants lawyer money and can afford to hire you!

(2) Given my inclination for 1) white duvets, 2) drinking red wine in bed; 3) falling asleep whilst drinking red wine in bed, I can’t justify expensive bedding. Have you considered buying a plain, cheap duvet and hiring a seamstress to fancy it up? As I’m sure you’ve seen, Jenny Komenda did this for her apt redesign for Joanna Goddard, and the results are so pretty!

4. Lauren R. April 23, 2012 at 9:02 am

Bailey, we are in love with what you designed and can’t wait to recreate it- thanks again!

5. Lauren R. April 23, 2012 at 9:05 am

We’re in love with what you designed Bailey- thanks SO MUCH again :-)

6. Stephanie April 23, 2012 at 9:06 am

Oh so fun! I love! Is this Ethan Allen Quincy bed? Before we even had a house I knew I wanted that bed and chose my house accordingly haha. I like how you put different side tables, I played it safe and bought the ones in the collection and am currently uninspired. As for bedding Calvin Klein home isn’t too bad and the throw pillows are divine.

7. Brooke @ ShemmyShake April 23, 2012 at 9:12 am

We just put together the Malm dressers this weekend for our nursery. I love the overlays idea you have above. Where do I buy those and how do I apply them? Any tips would be great!
    Thanks, Brooke

8. Brooke @ ShemmyShake April 23, 2012 at 9:15 am

We just put the Malm dressers together this weekend for our nursery. I’m loving the overlays idea you mentioned above. Where do I buy these and how do I apply them? Any tips are much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Brooke

9. Natalie April 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

I love the bedroom board! It’s going to look fantastic. I’ve had some reasonably-priced luck with bedding at West Elm, but I’ve also just used Bed, Bath, and Beyond-type stores to buy plain duvet covers and such and then splurged on throw pillows. Yay!

10. Lauren @ T&G April 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I finally gave in and I’m having some bedding custom made for our master. I get it that bedding is difficult to produce because of fabric width, but I find it crazy how bad the selection is out there for interesting bedding.

11. Lauren @ T&G April 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

12. Emily V. April 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Looooove it!! Where is that fab coral garden stool from?

13. Emily V. April 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Looooove it!! Where is that fab coral garden stool from?

14. Joanna April 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Favorite bedding = Legacy Linens.