Humiliation Diet Update: 4 weeks to go

Only four weeks to go, and by the comments (or lack thereof) y’all are as over this junk as I am. But, I am going to see it through. I know at this point I am not going to make my 35 pound goal, but I am hoping I can get half way there at least.

Despite a macaroon fest brought on by sweet Pete, I am down 12 pounds this week!

Which feels pretty good.

And I feel more like myself, event though I know “myself” means something very different now that I have a baby.

Non-Superficial Thought: It has been really hard for me to adjust not only to my new bigger bod, but also it has been really super hard for me to accept all of the scars. I don’t want to give y’all too hot a visual at work on a Friday, but I ended up with a whole lot of crazy stretch tear scars in the last few weeks of the pregnancy because the tumor was making the fluid, and my tummy, grow exponentially. And I know you are probably thinking, that is an extremely superficial concern. But for real, on a deep level, the scarring thing has been traumatic for me. Or really, maybe, they are the physical reminder of the traumatic thing we went through, but either way when I think about them or look at them I get really emotional and I am trying to deal with that. And learn to accept them. And maybe try to see them as beauty marks like one cheesy sauce self help thing I read suggested.

Super Superficial Thought: I am still thinking I need to cut my hair. A lot of you asked in that picture I used in the David Beckham post how I maintain my long locks with a baby constantly trying to scalp me using the surprising strength in her teensy arms, and really I don’t. She yanks it out all day, so it usually just ends up in a pony, and ultra long hair in a pony just looks ratty.

So I am thinking about doing locks of love, chop suey off like 10 inches, and go for the Reese?

I feel like it is a compromise betwixt my desire for bangs (to hide my BeetleJuice post-baby bangs), and the pain in the ass reality of bangs.

Thoughts?
On any of the words I put up today?

I know a lot of y’all have decided that commenting isn’t cool.

But you are wrong! Commenting is the COOLEST!!!!

Comments

1. Candice May 4, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Go for it with the haircut. You will look and feel sooo much better after a little pampering (and baby free time) at the salon and a sassy new ‘do will take your mind off of other post baby body issues. No matter what you decide, just remember this: Your hair will grow out and the baby will stop pulling it. All in good time.

2. Amanda May 5, 2012 at 1:27 am

I love the Reese hair. Go for it!

I just found your blog and love it! Would love the follow back :)

The Pretty Pinhead

3. Anna May 5, 2012 at 11:03 am

Bailey – In a way the marks are a reminder of your strength. Becoming emotional about what they represent a a good thing, it shows that you are a strong woman. You should be proud that you were blessed with an opportunity to test your own boundaries and know for a fact that you can get through a mentally, emotionally and physically demanding event!

4. Louisa May 5, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Congrats on the 12lbs! Great job!
    My girl is 23 months and I did the Reese haircut. It’s classic and versatile. Definitely agree that it’s maybe best if your hair is straighter as opposed to curlier. I think your hair now is gorgeous though and your baby will grow out of the grabby/pulling phase…eventually. But it really $#$%^ hurts when they do it so I can understand wanting a change! I think side-swept bangs for sure, and go for the shoulder length -you will look beautiful!

5. Helen Fraser May 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Cut the wig- no ifs ands or buts!

6. erin May 6, 2012 at 4:51 am

i am super guilty of not commenting, which is selfish and lame since i read your blog every single day. i actually wake up, make a coffee, prep kids then sit the baby at my desk alongside my chair with some toys and pull up your blog. i love love love it. thank you for taking the time to share so much. so, post-baby weight, i’m working on my own. i have a little girl who just turned 9 months old. yay. but i actually weigh more now than i did when she was 5 months old. wtf? need to address. as for hair, i’m also rocking the post-baby weird little forehead fur/bang thing… so i chopped mine last week to a chin length bob. i’m happy, it’s easy and the fuzz doesn’t show so much anymore. i’d say no to real bangs. too much work.

7. Hayley Mann May 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm

GO FOR THE HAIRCUT!! I just chopped mine to about the same length and I LOVE IT! DO IT, DO IT!

8. Laura Quinn May 7, 2012 at 10:42 am

Bangs are super cute and I always cut them in the winter when my hair is less likely to be out-of-control frizzy. Bangs are a pain in the butt but you get used to them and if you keep them trimmed they’re not so bad. For lazier days you can bobby pin them back or to the side and they still look cute :)

Laura

9. Emily May 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Go for it! Get The Reese! I did the exact same thing (even brought in a picture of Reese to my hairstylist) and gave my hair to Locks of Love (be sure to visit their website for directions and length requirements). It was an incredible moment and I truly felt prettier with a sassy new haircut, perhaps this is just the thing to help ease the stress associated with your scars too?

10. Ames May 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm

12 pounds is fantastic!!! Way to go!!! Losing weight is hard– I wish it were as easy as “they” make it out to be…1-2 pounds a week? Yeah, right!!! But 12 is awesome!!!!!

11. EHubs May 21, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I will always fondly remember your Wynona bangs.

12. Judy June 5, 2012 at 1:38 am

One of my fave quotes ever: ”We grow stronger in the broken places.” Courtesy of Mr Hemingway.