Before&After: George Banks Master Bedroom

The master bedroom is the only room we really redecorated from scratch. This was our old master situation in Chicago, which I loved, but I definitely wanted a change for this house. First of all, this master is like almost thricely the size of the Chicago room. Also, the new owners of Chicago wanted the canopy, and I was able to sell the old headboard to a client. Time for a fresh start!

As I mentioned yesterday, this space was previously a fourth bedroom cut off from the rest of the house accessed either by walking through the master bedroom, or from a staircase in the kitchen. We took out the staircase and made it into my office downstairs, and into Pete’s bathroom and closet upstairs. We moved the wall that separated the room from the old master back 5 feet extending the existing closet and bathroom, which became mine!

A visual would probably be helpful.

Master Bedroom

Bailey’s Bathroom

Before

After

After

After

After

Well…That’s all folks! I will eventually get my act together on some of the outdoor changes, but I need a bit of a break from all this oversharing! Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments, if you have any questions on our bedroom leave them here and I will try to answer them as best I can!

Comments

1. EHK June 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

what are the shower doors made out of (the wood party but obviously not wood because that would rot).

2. EHK June 25, 2012 at 11:17 am

what are the shower doors made out of?

3. Katie June 28, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Get out. GET OUT. I love love love EVERYTHING! Just discovering your blog and am in awe, sister. WOW!

4. Miriam June 29, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I’m in love with this blog(!)

5. DREW June 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm

We are remodeling our bath and was wondering where you bought the window type shower frame. This is SO our decor style. Looking forward to hearing from you.

DREW GRIFFITHS

6. Photo Shrines | Caviar dreams July 6, 2012 at 6:15 am

[…] (1, 2, 3) […]

7. Laurie July 8, 2012 at 3:22 am

BREATTAKING.
    I am so very much in love with your home. It’s happy and it made me happy – so much so I had to make a post of it in my inspiration blog. Kudos, Bailey!

8. […] arrangement. Still dreaming of the day I might have fresh flowers throughout my home. The home of Bailey Quin, which is newly remodeled and […]

9. Let There Be Light | Nomad Luxuries July 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm

[…] { A bathroom revamp on Peppermint Bliss } […]

10. DH October 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Where did you get the tiles for the bathroom? shower door as well please?

THANKS!

11. Doris Kidwell February 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Love, love, love the shower door with all the windows!!! Where can I find one.. or what is it made of. Such such great work!!!!

12. Christine February 10, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Hi bailey…I absolutely love your blog…. Can you please tell me what your shower doors are made of I love love them and would like to find somebody in London to make them for me…….thank you very much look forward to hearing from you

13. Kasia March 2, 2013 at 12:38 am

Hello! We have a client in love with the shower doors, what is the material and can you pass on the name of the fabricator? Thanks so much!

14. 50 Shades of Greige « Covet Living March 12, 2013 at 10:43 pm

[…] basketweave tile is beautiful.  As is the Carerra Marble subway tile.  Rest of the house re-do is here.  And Bailey is the chick from Biscuit, that whimsical, pastel rainbow retail store in Houston, […]

15. […] Above: A factory window shower enclosure in a remodeled bath via Peppermint Bliss. […]

16. Katherine Foote April 26, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Where did you get the shower doors? I Love them and want to do that in my bathroom.

17. Silvia Cirillo August 5, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Please let me know where you found those beautiful shower doors, or where I may find some that are similar.
    Thanks!!

18. Lora holton March 16, 2014 at 9:31 am

I’m in love with these shower walls/door! Please let me know what your sours is or something similar for my bath remodel! Thanks!!

19. Liz April 20, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Would you please, please pass on information about the industrial shower doors?
    I love them!

20. […] who makes this wallcovering?} {I am seriously in love with the amazing bathroom Bailey McCarthy of Peppermint Bliss designed for her lucky husband. It’s so good!} {Images via Pinterest unless Otherwise […]