Cut.Yo.Weave.

So I did it. The long awaited hair cut/bang debate.

And it had nothing to do with you, Liz, you bratty little snot.

That comment was left on Gracie’s Birthday post. Can you even imagine? Humans.

Not to mention, have you SEEN ladies hair lately? No? Been hiding inside all day typing snarky comments? Let me demonstrate with the following:

Or listen to Mr. Simon Doonan. It’s a long haired circus out there.

Now shut your face, Liz.

ANYWAYZ. Inspired by my Britney before I loved Britney, Ms. Joey Potter (why do I always idolize the crazyprone?) looking all kinds of rawr on the cover of Elle: I was like ‘I’ll be in NYC, they have fancy salons there and famous stylists and junk, I’ll be in good hands, imma do it.’

So I did. And let me just say, if you have as rich an imagination as I do, it is possible to look at a haircut on someone else and convince yourself that you will look EXACTLY like them with that haircut. So it is easy to be disappointed when you set the bar as high as say, Katie Holmes. Nevertheless.

FMHAIR!!!!!!

I am not even going to show you the full length situation because I can’t bare it right now. See how the bangs are .5 CRITICAL inches too short? Well the rest of my head is like 5 critical inches too short. And I want to cry. And I may have. And we all know it’s not great, so I don’t need platitudes, and I know it’s “just hair” and it will grow, but what I need y’all to tell me is how some combo of illegal cow hormones and rogaine is going to get me back to Marsha Brady status ASAP.

Please, and thank you.

Comments

1. Kim August 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

I agree that it will look awesome a little bit grown out.

I’d like to recommend Juan at Satori salon on Washington @ Heights Blvd. He is the owner of the salon (also owns Hugh’s Hangar). Went to him after a horrible hack job years ago and never looked back, and have sent like 10 people to him since then!

2. sara August 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Ok, first off, what a B…. that’s all I’m gonna say about that. Second, I love your Marsha Brady hair. Third, it will be ok, I did the same tragic thing last year, but in about 2 or 3 months you can sweep those puppies off to the side and it’ll be all good. And the length will grow soo, 5 inches is nothing (I cut off 8, went all the way above the shoulders, wtf was i thinking?). I’ve heard that biotin helps your hair grow, maybe prenatal vitamins, sans a small nugget inside you without all the hormones to mess with that, who knows tho. Anywho, I still think you look georg! Dont stress, plus if you dont try you’ll never know. Now you know! Have a fab day, all will be okay!

3. Amy August 23, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I think you rock it, but I understand your tears. I tried ombré last week and was back in the chair 4 days later to reverse that mess. I getcha.

4. Elizabeth August 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I have a very active imagination too…but i have just told myself bangs are never an option, unless they are the swoopy kind. I also have instructed my stylist to never let me, under any circumstance, no matter how much I beg, cut them again…
    Fool me once, well you understand! :)

5. Christina August 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I think you are a foxy momma,no matter what’s on your head. Your personality rocks and I like the hair-I always want to rewind when imake a big change like that but time goes by and I get my sexy back. I’m immensely proud of you and biscuit-lots to take on in a short period(moving,Gracie cuteness!). Sometimes it helps me to go get new makeup when I change up hair:)

6. Rachel August 23, 2012 at 12:46 pm

You look great!

7. Glitterista August 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I had a bangs moment a few years ago when I got a haircut on my birthday. I will never again go into a salon for anything other than a mani/pedi while attempting to come to terms that I’m another year older. I did a pretty solid routine of phyto pills, prenatals, and lots of bobbypinning and they grew out really fast. Good luck! :)

8. Annie August 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

First of all…I think it looks cute!!! I want to see the full picture so we can get a better sense but I know how hard it can be to deal with a haricut that you just don’t like. I wish you had let us know that you were cutting it in NYC. As a New Yorker I would have warned you that the NYC myth of assuming you will get a great sylist and a great fashionsita cut is just that… A MYTH!! New York is actually one of the worst places to get a cut UNLESS you know exactly who you are going to, have been given MULTIPLE references on that person, and are ready to shell out the big bucks. There are a lot of salons boasting great cuts with high prices which makes you assume they are THE place to go. Well you know what happens when you assume… Anyhow, I seem to have gone off on a rant (I’ve gotten some bad NYC cuts in my days). Regardless, I do think the bangs look cute and I really think they work for you! Give them some time and hopefully you’ll learn to love them. And if not, then you will be bummed about it and nothing will make you feel better, no matter what anyone says, but they will grow. Try Mane ‘n Tail Shampoo. I know its weird but I swear it works!!! Good luck!

9. Kat August 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I had that EXACT. SAME. REACTION. when i got those same bangs in 2006. I started to grow them out the very next day. Luckily…hair grows…and there are so many cute headband options these days! Good luck!!!!

10. Kim August 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

From someone who has sported every type of fringe imaginable (and is currently rocking a Katie Holmes-esque straight bang, long hair combo), it’ll take a while for them to grow out to be long layers, but it’ll only be a matter of weeks before they’re long enough to do the side bangs. I suspect you’ll like them a little more when they’re to the side. It’s a little softer look.

11. kkrs August 23, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Bailey:

1. I love that you told Liz to Shut her face.
    2. Who writes that kind of stuff on someone’s blog?
    3. I have MB hair, too.
    4. Prenatal vitamins.

Cheer up. It’ll be ‘ril cute’ by Christmas which is only like 100 days away!!!

12. Melissa August 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Prenatal vitamins!! And maybe try the ombre hair extensions a la Lauren Conrad from your post a while back? I will think good thoughts for quick growth! Bangs should be totally fine in a week or two (tops!).

13. Lisa August 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I’ll resist the desire to tell you I think you look good and that you have glossy, beautiful hair because you asked us not to, and just tell you that prenatal vitamins will help your hair grow a little faster. A friend cut bangs a few months before her wedding, was unhappy, took prenatals daily and no bangs in her wedding photos!

14. Blair August 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Oh goodness-bad haircuts are that WORST. But RT: this is not bad. This is 100% live-able…but ’till you’re feelin it too, here are some growth solutions:

1. Prenatal vitamins (fo realzies)
    2: Tail and Mane Shampoo
    3: This business: mix 2 egg yolks with 2 tbsp of olive oil, dilute the mixture by adding a cup of water and then slowly and thoroughly massage this mask into your scalp. Give your hair and scalp 15 to 20 minutes to absorb all the needed nutrients and then rinse off. OR Honey olive oil heated and massaged on as a mask like above. This also creates some MEGA shine a la the artist formerly known as Mrs. Cruise.

15. Charlotte August 23, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I am so disappointed that you aren’t ROCKING that look! You may not love it, but c’mon, just smile and own the new look—it will grow out soon enough. What will you tell your daughter when she gets a bad cut right before prom? You’ll say, “Rock it, child. You are fabulous inside and out.”

16. Emily August 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Bailey – I cried for days (days!) when I got my hair cut off 3 years ago (for my now husband), so I understand. I agree with with Kim above- give it a short amount of time, and swoop those babies to the side. That should help. Honestly, they look pretty cute though, and I’d love to see a full picture.
    Oh, and prenatals are good, but definitely look up Viviscal. I haven’t used it, but it’s apparently what models / beauty-people use. Into The Gloss has posted on it before. Good luck! With as much as you have going on, I think you could rock whatever style and we’d all still look up to you. You’re doing an amazing job!

17. marybeth August 23, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Your bananas, it looks great.

18. Emily August 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I cut my hair off 3 years ago (for my now husband) and cried for days (days!!!) so I know how you feel, and I’ve been growing it out ever since (and he hates it- hah!)
    But, it looks quite good, and I totally agree with Kim above- let that grow for a couple weeks and swoop it to the side- you can totally rock that and you probably won’t hate it as much.

Although, I’d love to see a full pic- it looks pretty cute. And, if all else fails, try Viviscal. I’ve read about it a bunch, and first heard of it from a model featured on Into the Gloss.

With as much as you have going on, I think you could have shaved it Brittany-style and we’d all still think you were the greatest. Good luck!!

19. Brianna August 23, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Ew Liz! What a heinous biatch! I think the bangs are super cute! And I feel like haircuts look the best like two weeks after you get them anyway :)

20. Brenda August 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I like it, Bailey. I think you suit bangs, and they always grow way to fast..I know, I have had them for awhile. Cheer up, you look good!!!

21. Meredith August 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm

First, you look adorable. Second, I cannot believe the RUDE things people say. Who is this Liz person and what does her hair look like? Anyway, chin up, your hair looks great (either way).

22. brooke August 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm

This is why I would never start a blog. I would love to, but a comment like that would really bother me. I do wish you would post a larger photo though. The cut might be great, but it’s hard to tell. I agree with the vitamins, they do help a bit. Either that or stay indoors. I’ve done it.

23. Katie August 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hey Bailey

I am a long time Bang-lady, and I think the length of yours are perfecto. My stylist sometimes trims them a bit on the short side (I am half Chinese so when she does this I literally look like a kid who’s mom put a rice bowl on her head and cut her bangs) Yours are the perfect length. Also, the joy of bangs is that they grow out in literally DAYS. 7 days from now you will have the perfect length and you will love them. Until they grow too long and you put them back in a hairband/clips and it looks like you have a feather growing out of the top of your head. But that is a whole other kettle of fish. Give it a few days, they will grow out and look fabby.

24. Erin August 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Doesn’t everyone get their bangs cut after they have a baby? I have done it three times myself!

Anyway, my bangs looked good when the stylist did it, but it’s hard to get them to be sleek and straight like she does :(

Now I french braid them over to one side and secure with a tiny rubber band – very stylish and a good way to grow them out, which I started doing 2 days after I got them cut.

25. K August 23, 2012 at 8:45 pm

You made me laugh, not “at” you “with” you. Give it two weeks.
    K, the blog a house built
    PS I could you show some princess Di doozies I had when I was 12, yes that was 12. Because ever 12 year old wants to look like a middle aged woman!

26. Melissa August 23, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Bang extensions? I think it’s kinda cute, but the hair is always cuter on the other head, right? I got so mad at my stylist the one time she (against her recs) gave me bangs I took to the side pieces with– get this– nail scissors when I got home to try to “fix” it. Just please, don’t do that, K?

27. Lauren August 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hey Liz,

Fuck off.

Love,
    Everyone
    xoxo

P.S.
    Think the bangs are cute. It’s nice to change it up now and then. Don’t fret.

28. Lauren @ T&G August 23, 2012 at 9:38 pm

@Kim

I totally will back up Kim about Juan at Satori on Washington. Best haircuts I’ve ever had in my life. He is so precise and technical that you can go a lot longer without getting it cut again… It doesn’t look ratty when it grows out at all. He cuts it after you’ve already been washed, dried, and straightened.

29. Mary G. August 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I too had a drastic haircut this summer. All because of the TN heat (i.e. 10 days of 108 degrees). So I chopped it all off. Disastrous! I cried…for a week. My boyfriend said I looked like a little school girl. Side story: One year at camp a friend cut my hair – bad idea as well – and it was awful. So each night I pulled on it, just a little, like a yank here and there, and it worked. It grew, and grew, quickly, I may add…and my hair dilemma was solved. Silly as it may sound, my 12 year old imagination was reenacted this summer and it has been 4 weeks – grown over an inch and I am celebrating. What’s next – another hair cut to fix the grown-out mess on my head. This time: I won’t say, “cut it all off.”

P.S. your hair looks great, just play around with it for a few days and you’ll begin to love it.

30. Erin August 23, 2012 at 9:58 pm

there is nothing NOTHING worse than a bad haircut. i have been there girl, I feel for ya. Go run your booty over to CVS or Walgreens and get yourself some Biotin, it’ll make your hair and nails grow fast.

xoxox

31. Anika August 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Oh, Bailey, thank god for you and your funny blog! I just might be having the sort of week where you sit in your car in the Trader Joe’s parking lot blasting David Guetta and Sia’s “Titanium” on repeat in a desperate attempt to convince yourself that you’re fabulous. I also may have broken my MacBook while trying to blog and cry at the same time, but the verdict is still out on the prognosis of my keyboard. So, this comment? It’s coming to the web via my iPad, ‘cuz my computer and I are on a break. So anyway, you brightened my day by making me laugh. So, a million times, thank you. And for whatever it’s worth, I cried the first time I got bangs too. It was an unfortunate decision during the five minutes swing dancing was cool. They will grow out. I promise. In the meantime, they’re really not bad. I swear.

32. Hayley Mann August 23, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Seriously I think you look super cute!! I have always been a head banger myself so perhaps I’m biased! Totally Jane Birkin status. Google her right now and you will have re bang motivation.

33. Kecia August 24, 2012 at 5:56 am

I feel your pain! I had the worst haircut of my life last year when I stepped out of the salon looking like Vince Neil after a particularly rough night. I can’t believe I paid for that shit. I think I was in shock. But don’t be too harsh on yourself! From what I can see it looks just fine. And the bang length isn’t too far off that it won’t grow in no time. You look cute! You’re just in shock. ;)

xx
    Kecia

34. Andie August 24, 2012 at 6:53 am

I think you look fierce! Own it.

35. Cait August 24, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I cut my hair like that when I was in Milan and had a mini freak out. A less dramatic look is if you sweep the bangs to the side instead of wearing them straight across. I did this and it worked wonders until they grew a little longer! Having said that I really like the bangs on you! Good transition for fall :)

36. Tina August 27, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Hair looks cute. I’m naturally blond and have always been envious of brunettes. The grass is always greener.

No need to go all the way to NY for a haircut. Get yourself over to Craft Salon on Dunlavy. Cara, the owner does hair for fashion shoots around town. I used to go to her, but she got too expensive. Now, I go to Natalie.

Also, the gingy stylist, Austin, used to be a backup dancer for Britney. Bet there’s some good scoop.

37. Sarah H. August 29, 2012 at 12:33 am

I’m laughing because EVERY TIME I cut off a bunch of my long hair, I start growing it out again immediately. (When I say I’m ready to cut my hair, my husband gives me a look that says, “Uuummm, we’re really going there again?”) But having said that, I think your bangs are so cute! And a few days to play with a new style usually results in less panic.