Gracie Girl

It has been one year.

I have very few words to describe it. Our hearts are truly full of Grace. Full of her beauty, full of the hope she represents for us, full of the reminder of the mercy and miracle we experienced.

And because she brings us so much joy, and I know so many of y’all helped get us here with your support and prayers and advice and positivity, here is a little highlight reel of our first year with Grace. I hope it brings you a bit of joy too.

Happy First Birthday, goofy Gracie girl, we love you so much!

Comments

1. Maxine August 1, 2012 at 5:38 am

I have absolutely loved following Gracie’s journey over the past year – she is absolutely beautiful – Happy Birthday all the way from New Zealand xx your ma has wonderful taste and I love reading her blog!

2. Dearbhla August 1, 2012 at 6:28 am

I’ve never commented on your blog before but I just wanted to say congratulations to Gracie on her first year and to you as parents on doing such a great job. Parenting isn’t easy but when you see that smiling face everything is worth it. Make every minute count. I love your blog and your personality shines. I’m also not afraid to admit I’m soooo jealous of your beautiful home. Love from Ireland. Happy Birthday Gracie girl!

3. Dearbhla August 1, 2012 at 6:31 am

Not sure if my first comment will post…

This is the first time I’ve ever commented on your blog and I just wanted to wish your beatiful daughter a very happy first birthday. Congratulations to you both on a great first year, parenting isn’t easy but when you see that smiling face it makes everything worthwhile. I love reading your blog, your personality shines through and I’m not afraid to admit I’m sooo jealous of your beautiful home :-) Love from Ireland and happy birthday once again Gracie girl!

4. Dearbhla August 1, 2012 at 6:36 am

Not sure if my first comment will post…

5. Suzanne August 1, 2012 at 7:14 am

What a gorgeous video! I am so jealous of Gracie’s future head of long, flowing locks! Happy Birthday to both Gracie Girl and Mommy!!! :)

6. janebird August 1, 2012 at 7:15 am

THE STRIPED JAMMIES! she is exquisite and you are a mama magnifique!

7. alison@mlhp August 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

Such preciousness! Sweetest wishes, Gracie Girl!

8. Simone August 1, 2012 at 8:18 am

Love the video ! Happy Birthday to Gracie. Little girls are so fun .

9. Allison August 1, 2012 at 8:19 am

Please tell me where I can find that perfect song!

10. Danavee August 1, 2012 at 8:30 am

Awwwww. Precious. Happy birthday!

11. Tully August 1, 2012 at 9:12 am

hi!

I am seriously teary eyed!! Words can not express how happy I am for you and Pete!!

Much love to you and your family.

12. Caroline August 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

Congratulations to you and Pete. You are blessed with an absolutely precious child. This song has been a long time favorite, brought major tears to my eyes. Enjoy the journey !! Gracie is one lucky gal !

13. Meri August 1, 2012 at 9:32 am

Happy happy to your beautiful Grace. May this be the first of many many birthday celebrations you share as a family!

14. clare August 1, 2012 at 9:34 am

Happy birthday sweet angel! She is just precious! I don’t know how you even began to chose the photos bc every single one you have posted over the past year has been amazing. I still LOVE that itty bitty cardigan and fur vest and piggy outfits. Too cute to handle!

15. Melanie K. August 1, 2012 at 9:42 am

Total tear jerker. How sweet. Happy Birthday to your darling girl!

16. ERB August 1, 2012 at 9:55 am

That video is extremely impressive and so sweet!! Happy birthday to Grace and cheers to you guys!

17. Elizabeth August 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

Happy 1st birthday to Gracie-belle! I know this year has been a blast, and just think, it’s only going to get BETTER! Who knew right?! Thanks for sharing your lives with us! :)

18. Abigail August 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

Lovely. I have followed your story for a while and how inspiring it is!

19. Katie August 1, 2012 at 10:31 am

I loved this video! The song and the pictures went together SO well! She is lucky to have y’all as parents!

20. Heather August 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

Very sweet. Happy birthday to your girl!

21. Emily S. Davis August 1, 2012 at 10:56 am

So beautiful! Happy Birthday sweet Gracie!

xoxo, Emily

22. Nikki August 1, 2012 at 11:19 am

Happy first birthday Grace!

P.S. The photo of her in the little bear suit? I die.

23. Nickie August 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm

What amazing photos and the sweetest video! Thanks for sharing and Happy First Birthday Gracie!! Enjoy it Bailey, b/c it goes by so fast!!

24. Alaina August 1, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Happy Birthday to sweet Grace! So happy for all of you! Hope she’s enjoying her time in Chicago.

25. Lindsey A. August 1, 2012 at 1:06 pm

So precious! And that song is just adorable! Congrats on surviving the first year and Happy Birthday to your precious little girl.

26. sara August 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Happy Birthday to that little Gracie girl! She is such a precious lil thing! It has been amazing following her journery (and yours and petes) on your blog over the last year, thank you for sharing btw, i think everyone can learn from your experience, its just been so wonderful! You guys make the cutest family! Cannot believe she is one, im sure y’all cant either. Celebrate that little nugget and all her cuteness. Happy 1st birthday Grace!

27. Heather August 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm

She really is the most adorable baby. Congratulations!

28. Bethany {at} Powell August 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm

awwww a very happy birthday to miss grace!

29. Cara August 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Happy Birthday Gracie girl! Thank for sharing such a nice montage of her first year with us ~ it was beautiful, as is she, as are you as a mom!

30. mikky August 1, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Happy big bday #1 to beautiful little Gracie. Thanks for sharing all your your sweet memories with us. Gracie has so many cute expressions, she is truly adorable. Congrats, you guys must be such proud parents. You can really see how happy and how much in love with her you both are in these photos. So sweet.
    mikky

31. ashley August 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I can’t stop grinning! Happy Birthday Gracie Girl! Bailey – You have a beautiful family. Best wishes for year number 2!

32. Catherine August 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Happy birthday to Grace! Beautiful video featuring a beautiful little girl in a beautiful family. (I totally cried.)

33. carol August 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

JUST THE SWEETEST EVER EVER EVER.

34. Emily O'Brien August 1, 2012 at 3:53 pm

What a doll! Happy Birthday to Gracie and congratulations on your first year as a mama!

35. robyn August 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm

What a doll baby! Beautiful job on the video.

36. Kathy August 1, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Happy birthday, Gracie! Such a beautiful and heartfelt video. Congratulations to you and Pete. Sending you love and hugs on this momentous day. Par-tay! :-)

37. Allyson August 1, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Got a little weepy watching this! Gracie is so lucky to have parents that love her as much as you and Pete obviously do!

38. Tami August 1, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Hand to God, one of the most beautiful babies I’ve ever seen. Happy Birthday!
    How do you get any thing done? I would be staring at her all day (hope that didn’t sound creepy).

39. Kat August 1, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Happy Birthday, Gracie!! Hard to believe it’s been a year! Wishing you and your family all the best.

40. Nina August 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Oh – that was so beautiful. I adore Ben Folds and those lyrics were perfect – I love “until then you will do what I say”. Shed a little tear.

41. allyson August 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

Congrats, Bailey. Grace is precious and you are a great momma. My daughter is 3 months younger than Grace so it has been both interesting and informative to follow your journey this past year and during your pregnancy.

42. Ms. Bright August 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

That is the sweetest damn video I’ve ever seen. Thank you for sharing it with complete strangers. Total fairy-tale.