Just a reminder…

Tomorrow is the last day to apply for the internship with Biscuit helping me with my design clients.

Head over to TheEverygirl to find out more of the specifics and email your cover letter and resume to Bailey@BiscuitHome.com.

I will start reviewing applications Friday and over the weekend and will be in touch next week! I am really excited about the amazing ladies who have sent in so far. I have received a few questions on pay and length and whether or not Biscuit will be offering paid positions.

This internship is unpaid. I have mixed feelings, most of them negative, about the proliferation of unpaid work “opportunities” that seem to be the main positions for people our age, especially in the creative industry, but that is all we can provide right now. I wouldn’t offer it if I didn’t think the experience would be worth it without pay, and I also wouldn’t expect anyone to come on indefinitely without the promise of growth/compensation at some point. Biscuit being a start up, we aren’t even paying ourselves. However, we are really looking to build a team and hope whoever we hire for the internship will be a great fit and someone who we can bring on in a larger (re:paid) capacity at the end of the internship period and once we are open and makin’ some monies.

I have been in New York the past two days meeting with my other two partners, and we are all SO EXCITED about what we have come up with. I am literally combusting, I cannot wait to introduce you to the other two girls and our designs and plans and everything.

So thank you for your continued support. As always, if you want to be in the Biscuit loop head to our website to sign up for our mailing list, and follow us on Twitter. If not, you will miss gems like that little pic above from our team photoshoot yesterday that we tweeted. What a shame that would be!!!!!!!!

Comments

1. Mandy August 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

Good morning! I sent over my resume yesterday. I can’t wait to hear back from you! I’m so excited about this opportunity. Paid or unpaid- you have to look at the long term outcome, and being a part of a start up company is definitely worth the opportunity! I’m so excited to see what you and the team have come up with, I know it will be great. Hope to talk with you soon!

Mandy Hohenberger

2. Allyson August 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the opportunity to watch this Biscuit grow!

3. LindsB August 22, 2012 at 12:27 pm

So sad you arent up here in Boston! If you and Pete are up for yet ANOTHER move, Boston would be the perfect place for Biscuit!

4. rita August 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm

i love that you are speaking to the proliferation of unpaid work in creative industries today… i have no reason to hire interns just yet, but it’s something i think about a lot and struggle with, because i have to say the internships i benefitted from the most were unpaid because they gave me huge opportunities to step in and learn and do more, but i also know i was able to get those because i had scholarships and generous parents that were able to help me out- which made me lucky, but is not the norm, so it feels like i benefitted from my familial situation, which is the reality but not necessarily fair. i love that you are planning your internship as a stepping stone to a paid position because it shows that you care and have a long term strategy, vs. many places that just bring interns in season after season with no plan to hire them, just as a way to help with the drudge work. so, thank you. i appreciate your work and your transparency, more of it is needed in this world.
    and, thank you, b/c i love the textiles behind you, and can’t wait to get some new bedding!

5. Lindsey A. August 22, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Sort of off topic, but I’ve been meaning to tell you this. You should make crib sheets if you aren’t planning on it already. The crib sheet options out there are not good AND no one makes them in the USA. I’m having our first baby and the husband is obsessed with the country of origin of absolutely everything that’s going in the nursery. Just my two cents as a home furnishings buyer. Can’t wait to see your prints!

6. Mandy August 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the chick in the background has a striking resemblance to Lana Del Rey?

7. Chrissy August 24, 2012 at 8:45 pm

ZOMGGGGGGGG so excited to go buy sheets from you in H-town!!!!!!!!!