Secret Number 2…It’s exciting!

A few of you super sleuths were right…

No we aren’t pregnant, but I am kind of having a baby. A business baby.

I am starting a homegoods brand with two of my best friends. Our first product will be a line of high quality printed bedding that we are designing and producing in the good ol’ USofA! The bedding will be available online, and also in the brick and mortar store I am opening in Houston.

Ladies and Gents, I bring you…

If you have been reading here for awhile you know how I have complained about the lack of high quality linens in fun prints and designs. Working with my clients, we would spend up to $500 on bedding, and the end result was always cozy and crisp, but not necessarily as special as $500 should be.

One of my best friends, Isabel, is a textile designer and we had always talked about doing something together, and had discussed doing a bedding line about a year ago. However, I knew I didn’t have the time to devote to everything that would need to be done to make that happen, and I didn’t want to waste her time. Then in May my college roommate Christina (of wagon fame) came to visit and I told her my idea. She loved it and was totally on board with the vision for the brand, and told me that if I wanted to make it happen she would be a part of it.

Since then it has been a whirlwind of creativity, legal, finance, business, and a crash course in the textile industry. I have learned so much that I can’t wait to share with all of you.

I love our team, it is the most satisfying experience to bring a dream I have had to life with two ladies who not only get it, but are taking it to the next level. I am excited to introduce you to these two hardworking, talented, creative girls.

The store will open in Houston in the Fall, and will sell our bedding as well as furniture I am designing and refinishing. I will keep you posted on the progress of the store build out, pretty-fic-ation of items, and when our full site goes live with the bedding available for pre-order.

Thank you all for your support over the years, this blog and you community of foxy readers have inspired and given me the confidence to pursue these big dreams. A special thank you to my design clients who have been patiently waiting while I try to balance this enterprise, while still having some time in the day for GracieGirl/personal hygiene.

I hope we will impress you and earn your support, all three of us have been working 7 days a week to create the most beautiful, fun, cozy bedding that will be an affordable luxury. The designs are INSANE, so good, I am really proud of the work we have done so far. The store has been a lifelong dream of mine, and I am so thrilled to be on this adventure.

If you want to stay updated, and I think you do…head over to Biscuit to sign up for our mailing list, and follow us on Twitter.

So was it worth the wait, or are you all just bummed I’m not (yet) birthing another precious McBaby?

Comments

1. Mikky August 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Fantastic! A big congrats to you, such exciting news!!! I’ve always had that pet peeve too, if you want to buy fun sheets it’s crazy expensive. Love the name of your shop. Can’t wait to see how wonderful it will be.

mikky

2. hannah August 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

A second “congrats” to the McCarthys! I’ve read this blog for so long but haven’t really commented (other than a Twitter reply or two), and this double-whammy of news is enough to bring me out of my shell! I love this idea and cannot wait to visit the Biscuit store here in H-town. Thanks for bringing us along on the journey!

3. suzanne August 7, 2012 at 5:44 pm

oh THANK GOD. just in time for when the hubs & i move back to houston. congrats!!!!! this will def be my go to store :)

4. Stephanie Rizzo August 7, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Long time reader, first time commenter. This is the BEST NEWS. Congratulations, Bailey!

5. Anika Louise August 7, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Congratulations! I cannot wait to see your designs! I have had a hard time finding unique bedding I love. If your bedding is half as fun and sophisticated as your interior designs, I will have to get some. :)

6. the zhush August 7, 2012 at 6:45 pm

GET OUT! (that’s my Elaine from Seinfeld impersonation as I cyber shove you in friendly happy disbelief!)WOW, can. not. wait. to. see!!!!

7. Mary August 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm

So excited for you! So excited for the website, the store, the brand! YAY! New sheets and home-goodsness for me

8. Trixxie August 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Congrats! I’m a long time lurker, and I very excited for your bedding line…I also excited to hear that Ms. Meares inspired one of your designs! My so called “luxury” sheets are threadbare so I’m desperate for new bedding but I haven’t been able to find just the right bedding to make my navy bedroom walls pop! Not that you are asking, but in a perfect bedding world… I would love lots of pillowcase/sham options. I get bored with them and love to change them up often.

9. Stevie August 7, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I just fist pumped.

I am bummed it won’t be here in Austin but I am 100% positive it will be well worth the drive to Houston.

Will you be continuing to offer design services? I’m planning a move in the next 6 months and think I may be in need of your fab eye and general awesomeness.

10. Candice Cowin August 7, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Welcome back to H-Town. ;) I can’t wait to visit your new store! If you ever need someone to scout project furniture (stuff to paint) for you in Houston and the surrounding areas, I am a flea market afficiando of sorts and would be glad to offer my services. You can check out my latest finds on Pinterest under, er, “Flea Market Finds” should you be so inclined.

11. designstiles August 8, 2012 at 1:59 am

How oh so very exciting. I love the name and the logo. So cute, so you. Congrats on this new endeavor!

12. Meagan @Style-Editio August 8, 2012 at 2:04 am

SO Exciting! I know how hard it is to start a business, so I applaud you!! I’m always on the lookout for US made products and given your taste, I’m sure I’ll be in love with what you have in store for us :)

13. still not home August 8, 2012 at 5:37 am

[…] bailey announced her new bedding line, which i am so thrilled to have inspired one of her designs that i know you’re going to go wild for.  i can’t wait to get my hands on it. […]

14. Nancy August 8, 2012 at 8:39 am

This is so exciting! Congratulations and best wishes for your success online and in the store. Can’t wait to follow you.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

15. Kate August 8, 2012 at 8:57 am

Awesome news, lady! I am very excited to see what you guys come up with because I have been on the hunt for bedding for MONTHS just waiting for something new and exciting to pop up in my search and I haven’t seen much that’s cute and fun at a good price. Best of luck to you!!

16. Helen August 8, 2012 at 10:13 am

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am soooo excited for y’all. LOVE YOUS

17. Samantha Penner August 8, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Oh my goodness this is WONDERFUL news! I am a local Houstonian (and interior designer) and I am so excited to hear this, Bailey!

18. Amanda August 8, 2012 at 9:08 pm

So excited to see whatever creative awesome-ness you think up! There is a dearth of fab bedding in the reasonable price range! Already on your mailing list and I wish you the BEST of luck!

19. NEW SERIES: DESK DIARIES August 9, 2012 at 3:59 am

[…] happening…. ALSO IN BIG BIG  HUGE NEWS…. Did ya hear? Bailey is opening a store in Houston….she also developed a beyond pretty bedding line inspired by a […]

20. ashlina August 9, 2012 at 10:17 am

SO EXCITED for you all. cant wait to see the new line!!!!! XOXOXXO

21. EJR August 12, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Congrats, I have always admired your biscuits! I hope you come out with something scalloped.

22. carlee August 16, 2012 at 1:36 pm