Happenings.

Fall is busy.

We attended a pumpkin carving party at our besties house…

Grace was very excited to go because she got to wear a costume.

And hold court on the porch while everyone came by and told her how precious she was.

The pumpkin carving contest was less pleasing. That Texans pumpkin won, and I get it, clearly crafted by a steady hand. Impressive workmanship. But REALLY? The Texans? For Halloween?

My pumpkin didn’t even place. Clearly the judges are not fans of pinterest and abstract pumpkin art.

Also.

We moved. We had our first house guests over. Lamb-ar Odom was pleased to be useful again.

Then we were awoken on our first morning at the new house by the noise of the house across the street being torn down. It was very sad. Just one man and a bulldozer alone on an early Saturday morning tearing down a house that so many had built and lived in for decades. Gracie was especially morose about it. Luckily her dad was there to comfort her.

And make her laugh.

Then, Monday morning we put her to work, it is important to engage the younger demographic and get their opinions on product development. So our intern (now full time co-worker who I will be officially introducing to you soon!) came over for a breakfast meeting with Grace.

It was really insightful.

Lots of craftiness going on up in Biscuit.

Painting a chandelier.

Fluffing up a bulletin board…

With some of our bedding fabric. Full DIY tutorial coming soon if you are interested in that sort of thing.

I really hope you guys like Biscuit, because OMG are we sleepy.

Comments

1. mrs. V - Chez V October 23, 2012 at 7:58 am

For the record, your pumpkin treatment is way better than that football silliness. Can’t wait for you to begin to share snippets of the new manse-you little tease. I spot my favorite in the history of ever Antelope. And I may be a little late on this one, but don’t let the naysayers get ya down. Everything you have accomplished thus far and are doing is impactful and inspiring. You are crazy talented and entertaining. A one-two punch in my book!

2. Kathleen October 23, 2012 at 11:25 am

For the record, we [the judges] loved your pumpkin! The ranking process was lengthy and painstaking, but my co-judges were male. . . . The Texans had to be recognized! :)

3. kkrs October 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm

you win. your pumpkin is the most pinterest-y pumpkin in the bunch. We went to a pumpkin painting festival this weekend at a 4 day wedding extravaganza… I didn’t get any votes, either. Apparently polka dots whether carved or hot pink are out for 2012 pumpkins. Sad. Even more sad is seeing a perfectly good house with character and charm replaced with something that looks like it belongs on the cover of Frontg@te… even if it’s cheaper than fixing up that quirky not so perfect house. I digress.

4. Emily October 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I do like your abstracty pumpkin, but I have to say that yoda gets my vote. Is that yoda??? I also like the dog. Looks like fun.

5. lisa October 23, 2012 at 7:28 pm

So excited for biscuit! And pics of the new house. I see a pretty rug … !

I just realized writing this that I am going to be doing alot of ongoing work with the HOUSTON office of my company. Didn’t really put it together till now that that means I can shop at BISCUIT!

Get open – I am going to houston november 5-8 :)

6. Anika October 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I love that chandelier! So excited about the polka dot Biscuit bedding as well.

7. Maren November 6, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I am catching up on some blog posts and saw this about the pumpkins… we did a “carve-off” with my in-laws and I also did a kind of polka-dot one, and only got one vote (think my husband voted for mine because he felt bad for me), but the Chicago Cubs pumpkin is what won! So, I feel your pain with the TCU taking home the prize.