When?

Soon, my pets. Soon. Like more than 10 days, but less than 20? I am not just trying to be coy, a few things are still up in the air. BUT you know who will be the first to know?

All of you go-getters who signed up for our mailing list, that’s who.

You know who else is dying for Biscuit to open?

Miles Redd, of all people!

I finally got a chance to read the latest Lonny (do it, obviously) and I was, frankly, a little embarrassed by his over-the-top enthusiasm for the Biscuit mission.

I also quietly enjoyed the piece on Mr. Redd, Nick Olsen, Bunny Williams and mentorship in decorating. Allsooo with a focus on bedrooms.

(You should really read the article for context, and everything else, but clockwise from the top left is the work of Mr. Hadley, his ment-ee Bunny Williams, her ment-o Miles Redd, and his ment-ini Nick Olsen)

And let us never, ever forget Miles’ man proceeding Olsen: David Kaihoi’s stunning biscuit.

They are baking them biscuits up right over there.

Kinda can’t decide if I would rather be in theirs, or Jay-Z’s mutha-effin Clique.

“Yeah I’m talkin’ ‘Ye, yeah I’m talkin’ Rih, yeah I’m talkin’ B…” <–That “B” is for Bailey. I swear, just listen to it.

Furthermore.

I have read in several articles that Miles is not technologically prone, and I thank all the fuzzy lambs in the world for that daily.

Because could you even imagine if he read my posts about him?

I would have to learn how to knit so I could darn myself a full body sweater to live out the rest of my days in cozy hiding.

And it gets hot in Houston. Like today. 90 degrees in October. Foolishness.

Comments

1. Liz Schneider October 17, 2012 at 8:37 am

Haha. So excited for you! I need to book a flight to visit this beautiful Biscuit!

2. Jillian {Her Split E October 17, 2012 at 8:59 am

LOVE the full body sweater…hahahaha…still laughing about that one! SO excited for you and your success!!

Cheers
    ~ Jillian

3. christine{bijouandbo October 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

Oh how I’d love to visit Biscuit in person- can’t wait to hear about it’s official big opening!

4. Stephanie October 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

I adore Miles’ work – what a lot of lacquer and dazzle! But when he mentioned (in that lonny article) that it’s a bit painful the first time you spend $2,500-$5,000 on a set of sheets, I almost choked!!!! I am happy for Biscuit, where affordability seems to be the cat’s meow. MEOW.

5. Kristin Kerr October 17, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I love the way your mind works…hilarious post! And so very excited for the opening of Biscuit! xo

6. Dana McDowell October 18, 2012 at 2:00 am

So extremely excited to give my own biscuit some flair!!!

7. Tara October 18, 2012 at 8:07 am

Bailey,

Will you be offering any shower curtains, or do you have any suggestions as to where to shop for them? I am not finding anythingggg. Thanks for your help! :D

8. kkrs October 18, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I am (un)patiently waiting for your sheets. I think that I have my eye on those bikes.

Note: If you moved to minneapolis, you could wear that sweater thing and be appropriate from Mid november to April 1st. You should do it… then you could tell me if re-surfacing my textured plaster walls was a good idea or a bad one. Wallpaper and textured walls is a big No-No… I get it… but I want it… is it a crime against historical architecture to change them?!? These are my questions today.

That, and are you peddling bedskirts, too?

9. James Spears November 29, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me find somewhere I could get one of those full body sweaters..lol I showed a pic to my girlfriend and she loved it n I kinda already told her I’d find one. I am in Houston, TX 832-266-8140