Family Failing…

Pete’s mom sent me this picture the other day…

That would be Pete, same age as Gracie, same leg broken.

It made me feel a little better about my mother of the year status.

And also, that would be my broken left foot, twice in three years.

Maybe the McCarthy’s just have weak left appendages?

Also…

Let’s talk.

What do y’all want to hear from me next week? You guys have been a bit quiet lately, which is fine, but I want to bring you good junk every day, so please tell me what you want to hear. Less about Biscuit? More design? We have been working with some awesome clients again, so that could be neat.

I would love to start showing you our house, but hims not ready yet. He don’t even got a name! Seriously, if you had seen the house the week we moved in you would have been like “WHOA! Bailey! You go, girl! You JUST moved in?? That’s crazy!”

But if you saw it now you would be like, so…did you move in last week?

There was incredible progress the first few days, we got all of the boxes out, everything shoved into closets. And then Biscuit opened and I literally have not done one thing at the house since then. I am hoping after the Holidays I can sneak away for a few hours and get things done. But until then, all I want to do when I get home at night is play with my girl and snuggle her to bed, and then drink a gallon of wine, lay on the couch horizontally and watch Bravo. In that order. Hanging curtains hasn’t even made the list, so we have taped poster board in our bedroom windows for privacy. Don’t believe me?

Glamorous.

(p.s. every time I write the word “glamorous” I have to sing the Fergie song in my head to spell it correctly)

So, know that house reveal is coming…eventually…but other than that what do you want from me over here?

And also, today is the last day for 20% off thanks to DailyCandy on all Biscuit purchases. Discount code “candy” at checkout. We are starting to get inventory in next week. I have been told crib sheets will come in first, with printed duvets shortly behind. So I am hopeful that the 6-8 week wait on bedding will actually be much shorter, though it is out of my control so I don’t want to promise anything.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I hope you all are as excited as I am for Thanksgiving and the most magical time of year!

Biscuit is ready for Christmas magic…

Comments

1. Upcycled Home November 16, 2012 at 11:00 am

I have tried to comment a couple of times but keep getting some weird server area. Because I am generally lazy, I gave up after one “post” attempt. I do the same thing with G-L-A-M-O-R-OUS hah! I would love to see the design work and also some snaps of Biscuit’s holiday pretties. And of course the houzzzz when it is ready!

2. Holtwood Hipster November 16, 2012 at 11:03 am

You’re hitting the mark for me Bailey! Always stop in for a Biscuit update. Love seeing how all your hard work has come together.

3. Tricia November 16, 2012 at 11:09 am

Client design work and your new house…

4. SK November 16, 2012 at 11:11 am

Design updates of course and more about your design processes! As a design student who is currently in a design rut I am always looking for what inspires others and breaks them out of their ruts. Your style is so fun and colorful and g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s, I would love some insight on how you get your wheels turning to concept ideas!

5. Beth November 16, 2012 at 11:11 am

Maybe with the holiday’s coming do a post on how you will set your table for thanksgiving or what you will be making and then maybe do some gift guides?? I’m being selfish I need help in both of these areas and would really just like someone else to tell me what to do, like you.

6. Lauren @SDL November 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

Oh my gosh, McCarthys! Get some calcium chews, stat! I love your biscuit updates. Gives me warm buttery feelings inside. And whenever you’re ready to start putting some jewelry in that sweet little casita, come play with me at B2! I’ll pick up some champy for the occasion!

7. Lauren November 16, 2012 at 11:22 am

I agree with Beth – gift guides would be lovely! What you like to give/receive.

More Gracie… and all her adorableness!

Definitely can’t wait to see the new house! Have you thought of calling him Frrraaaank?! (He was fancy and all.. a follow up from Mr. Banks.. I can hear him saying Mr. Baaaanks now!)

8. Ash November 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

Congrats with Biscuit! The products (and website) look fantastic. I had a question – the Gray Malin picture hanging over the bed in your window display – what are the dimensions on that (with frame)? It’s fantastic! Also – related question – is the bed queen sized?

9. Cindy November 16, 2012 at 11:27 am

Just got my new HGTV mag and what do I see in the House Tours article??? None other than our Bailey, Pete & Gracie-girl. The house looks fabulous. If the chandelier over your dining room table disappears, you’ll have to come to Florida to get it. I’ll be the one holding it for ransom!!

10. abo November 16, 2012 at 11:38 am

we wanna hear everything!!!! desgin, style, your house, decorating clients’ houses. your blog is my design bible, gurl.

11. Tully November 16, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I’m gonna chime in and echo what everyone else says – I also wanna see a gift guides and some holiday hour derve snack tips (loved the idea of the puff pastry with the cranberry and brie from years ago! Did it for a book club and it was a big hit).

Also – I too say “G-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s” when I read it! Great minds think alike girl!

12. Tully November 16, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I just tried to shop on your Buiscuit site and it’s not workin. Boo!

13. Elizabeth November 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I like the Biscuit shout-outs and information, but for some of us who can’t quite afford it [yet], I would love to have some of the old Peppermint Bliss back – design inspiration, Gracie, your fabulous houses, etc.

14. Stephanie November 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Love your style! Any chance your bedding will ever come in the double bed variety? Please say yes. Would love some pieces for my daughter.

As for upcoming topics…holidays…presents, entertaining, decorating…

15. Jess November 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Agree, less Biscuit (not that it’s not great and something to be proud of) and more like it was before. Love the idea on yummy food for parties, but love when the food is heavily tied into shots of the house or women’s designs, wouldn’t want it to become too foodie and no design! Also love how HGTV did their spread on options to copy your amazing house in a bunch of different ideas and price points, it would be great to see you do something like that with your ideas.

16. kkrs November 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm

You be you! I for one LOVE biscuit. I heart all the possibilities. The poster board cracks me up… my husband just installed a door knob on our sun room door last night after 3 months of ‘using the hole’… I was all, looks great… but I got so used to it with the hole that it didn’t even bother me anymore. Have a great weekend.
    KKRS

17. Stephanie November 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I think we are all super proud of you for Biscuit, but think of it as somewhat of a separate entity (connected but still separate) so, for me personally, I would like to see less of Biscuit and more of the old format of Peppermint Bliss – I know that’s a lot to ask with a young child and a new business, it just started to feel like the “Biscuit” blog and not our dear old friend Peppermint Bliss
    xoxo

18. carol November 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

You did a “must have” for Gracie when she was about 6 months old that was a great guide for all moms. Love to see another gift/must have guide for baby Christmas gifts.

19. Kkrs November 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Ps… You should call your house Mr. Grey. Dark, handsome, mysterious, sophisticated, moody. 50 shades… Give or take a few…

I’m just hoping that this mr. Grey doesn’t have a red room of pain!

20. Koren November 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Yes, design inspiration of any sort – you have the most amazing ideas! Speaking of which, I would be so psyched if you could reveal who makes that amazing wallpaper in the picture of Gracie in your bedroom. It is amazing!!

21. Molly November 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm

First, I’m so sorry about your toe. And Gracie’s leg. I miss seeing your house(s) on the blog. I love your voice, though. Even when you’re tired & full of everything going on, it’s a breath of fresh air for me on a busy day. Thank you for being you!

22. Lauren November 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I would love to see more ways to mix and match the biscuit bedding. I feel sort of intimidated to do it myself. I think my fave duvet is the black and white polka dot. It says to would look great with the Fiona but I am having trouble visualizing it. Thanks and congrats on the opening!

23. Catherine November 17, 2012 at 7:55 am

I am really enjoying your Biscuit updates. My favourite is the black & white Katie! I would love to read more about your new house but in particular I would really enjoy seeing more before & afters from your design work with clients. Thanks :)

24. ellen November 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

hi…i agree…biscuit is fab but please more of the old peppermint bliss….its kinda starting to feel like biscuit blog….happy thanksgiving, enjoy your gorg family

25. erin November 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm

a little bit of everything… with a lot more gracie! :-) would love more ‘must have’ lists for baby gear and stuff.

26. alison g. November 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Hey Miss B.
    I haven’t seen the HGTV spread, but I love the idea of you recreating your own spaces (or your other favesies) in two different price ranges. Even better if you put your own “Bliss Twist” (you gotta give me name cred for that ;) on some great rooms (i.e. I’d do this in this space). I think I speak for many of us when I say we just love/admire the way your brain works.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

27. Kim November 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

Have really enjoyed the blog lately. I would love a Bailey gift guide (to populate my christmas list) and a Pete gift guide (to help with my husband’s gift).