It’s Friday?

How did that happen?

We’ve been open for 5 days now.

I have loved meeting those of you who have come in, and some of the crazies have been a good time too, I am less fond of the people who come in and stare at me blankly and say “where are the pastries?”.

We are not a bakery. I get it with the name. But when you see this in the window?

Because people have been genuinely upset that we are not a bakery, like I purposefully deceived them, and now they have found themselves against their will standing in a home furnishings store, and someone must pay for this mistake.  AND we are two doors down from a delicious bakery. Like we literally share a dumpster with a bakery. I do not understand. But apparently there is an insatiable need for baked goods out there and we have toyed with peoples emotions. Sorries!

That picture came from Mary’s blog, she did a post on our opening.

Lots of pretty pictures to see.

Yesterday we got our display up and I put on the finishing details.

Everytime I use a screwdriver my fingers bleed. I think I am doing something wrong.

But look at those delicious little pads of gorgeous butter for your Biscuit!

Yum, right?

Who is coming in to see me tomorrow? Grace might even come in to play shop girl for a minute, it is very exciting.

Comments

1. Kathryn November 2, 2012 at 9:40 am

So good. It’s all sooooo good. I want to move to Houston and beg you to let me be an intern.

What about a fine baked goods and home furnishings partnership? Perhaps there can be some sort of marketing trade, coupons for cookies?

2. Kathryn November 2, 2012 at 9:42 am

So good. It’s all soooo good! I want to move to Houston and beg you to let me work there.

What about a delicious home furnishings and fine baked goods marketing partnership? Perhaps you can trade coupons for cookies.

3. Paige November 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

I am seeing a co-branding op with Stone Mill. You guys have a cake dome pastry set up with their samples and send people down the way in pursuit of carbs. They can have handouts/cards at their register and maybe even offer a Peppermint Bliss Biscuit Bar (it’s the holidays and peeps love their p-mint right?). You girls go with your Glen Coco selves. Best.

4. Emily Lunstroth November 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

Congrats! Cannot wait to come in while I am home in two weeks!

5. The New Diplomats Wi November 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

beautiful! when are we going to be able ot order online for the non-texas among us?

6. chari November 2, 2012 at 11:01 am

not that there’s ANY comparison, however I go bananas over the cinnimon roll smell when i walk into IKEA. Well, bailey… I think you guys should get an oven and keep the fresh baked goods coming in there… and try not to eat them all :) :)

7. Ashleigh November 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

Don’t you have a power screwdriver or screwdriver bits for your drill? If not, you need to get to Home Depot stat. It will save your life (and fingers!)

8. Carolann November 2, 2012 at 11:35 am

Congrats on your first week! I’ll be visiting soon! Out of town relatives have been staying with me this week, so no time yet for Biscuit perusing :(

9. Gabrielle Savvy Home November 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

First, your window display is insanely good! Second, maybe give a macaroon or something with every purchase – that way, everyone’s happy :) Well done Bailey!

10. Nicole November 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Hi Bailey,
    I absolutely love your blog and read it daily! I loved the recent posts you were doing about women in the workforce. As a female lawyer and soon to be first time mom that is a very hot topic for me! I wanted to ask if Biscuit will be doing children’s bedding, specifically bedding for cribs? We are expecting our first baby (we don’t know/are not finding out the gender) in April and I have not been able to find any bedding I love. Good luck with the new venture I am sure it will be a huge success!! I can’t wait for the online store to be open ~ will you be shipping to Canada?

11. Kathy November 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm

So excited for the store! I think I need to plan a trip to Houston just to pick out new bedding and new furniture by the looks of all the amazingness in your store. Yay! Have a great weekend!

12. kkrs November 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Congrats on your first week. The store looks amazing. It has been so much fun to watch this unfold. Imma hafta make a trip to Houston before Christmas to check it. In the meantime, will you take us on a store tour sometime soon? Again, congrats, lady.
    Hugs,
    KKRS

13. MOA November 2, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Let’s up the punny to:
    But look at those delicious little *PATS* of gorgeous butter for your Biscuit! I can’t get to TX soon enough – it all just looks so delicious! Ya did good, girl – real good! Cheers!

14. jp November 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Looking forward to the online store! Your mix of colors is stunning.

fyi, on the about page, there is a tiny typo in the definition of a Biscuit. You should use “one’s”

That pic of Gracie is too cute.

15. Ann Burr November 4, 2012 at 10:33 am

OMG! Your store is so, so lovely. I mean, I knew it would be, but I am still blown away. I want to own everything you are selling, and even more, I want to move in to the store and live there – that’s cool, right?

XOXOXO
    ABC

16. Nancy November 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Stopped in on Saturday and *LOVE* your store!

17. Beth November 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Just went to the website biscuit-home.com and it seems to be down….

18. Megan November 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Congratulations! I’m a Houstonian. I’ll come check out the store sometime soon!

19. Jillian {Her Split E November 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Yumm-O! so great…and i’ll take your store over a bakery any day!!