Bliss Gifts: For Him

You say you want gift guides? I give you gift guides. Six of them. This time for the man in your life, whoever he may be. These are based on things I would get Pete, have gotten Pete, am planning to give Pete, and things he has requested himself. Please enjoy, and then tell me how much you love me (and Maddie) because this took 8 kagillion hours.

1.Bruichladdich Whiskey. Pete tells me this junk is good, and he knows things about Whiskey. According to hims they are a small distillery on the cutting edge using different techniques to age their whiskeys. I think the packaging is neat.

2. The Proust Wine Questionnaire. Using a Proust-style questionnaire form, this guide features the answers of oenophiles like Mario Batali and Sofia Coppola on their favorite pairings and regions. Also includes blank forms for you and your friends to fill out your selections.

3. Horn Bottle Opener. Would be a great stocking stuffer, very manly.

4. Vintage Cocktails. “Assouline’s Vintage Cocktails explores the lost art of mixing the perfect drink with elegance and simplicity. With just a few ingredients and the right pour, this is the first and only book every host should stock in his or her bar. The vibrant and evocative photos of each drink were taken at the renowned Carlyle Hotel.”- Yeah. What they said.

5. Bar10der Ultimate Bar Tool. Kinda kitschy, but it seems legit. Another great stocking stuffer.

6. Ice Balls. TeeHeeHee. These make pool-ball sized ice cubes. Pete thinks its the coolest thing in the world. Stuff it in a stocking.

7. Chess Bottle Stoppers. Stocking stuffer. Will make him feel nerdy smart, and stylish.

1. I gave him this turntable last year for his Birthday. He loves it and it has been so much fun building a record collection for our little family.

2. Lana. He digs her.

3. Bon Iver.

4. Mumford.

1. Windbreaker. Better than breaking wind. ZING. Great workout coat, Spring outerwear, golfing protection. Pete suggested this one.

2. ManBag. Pete finally realized that this year was the year to retire is high school backpack. He is a father, husband, and full blown man with a proper bag to match. I am so proud.

3. Ties are classic. Hermes ties even more so. This woodpecker print is my favorite.

4. Socks are cliche. But they are great stocking stuffers, and in this jaunty red they are festive/classic.

5. These are Pete’s favorite sunglasses. They have the famous wayfarer shape frame, with Zeiss lenses, and funky colors and finishes.

1. & 2. Pete is obsessed with photographer Tim Walker. These two books are a way for him to have Tim Walker art without the Tim Walker price tag.

3. Pete is OBSESSED with this print of Grays. I think he is secretly hoping we don’t sell it so we can keep it. My Christmas wish is that it finds a great home with one of you!

1. Pete finally got himself a real manroom/office. He deserves it, and I want to help him get it in fine gentlemanly order. This desk chair is comfortable, reasonable, and stylish.

2. Man decor.

3. Boys have insane amounts of sundries. Coins, keys, golf tees, cufflinks, wrappers. This is more pleasant to look at than piles of pocket treasures. Would fit well in a stocking!

4. Pete loves fresh flower. Who doesn’t? These vases are a manly touch, and he is a champion.

5. My love. He is.

6. The Pete. Because I named bedding for him. And he loves it, and is so thankful to have a few masculine touches around the house.

1. Tom Ford Cologne. Smells like sexy.

2. Tweezers. Because he always steels mine. And whatever a boy needs a tweezer for is gross. He needs his own.

3. A mans most important kitchen tool. Do not question Nespresso, it doesn’t mess around.

4. Pete says this looks awesome. I agree.

5. Don’t know anything about this, except that this is the coolest looking junk ever.

6. Lots o kisses cause of this.

And there you have it. Everything you need for your mans, his stocking or under the tree whether he be an artist, music fan, dapper dude, a guy in need of some grooming, party tender…It’s all there.

And that took eleventy thousand hours. I hope y’all liked it.

And thank you to Matchbook for the feature.

I cried. For real. And then drank lots of margaritas.

Comments

1. alison g. December 4, 2012 at 6:29 am

Couldn’t agree more on the Nespresso. Lots ‘o goodies in this here grouping – NICE work!
    *Congrats on the Matchbook mag feature (no tears, tho!)

2. Kathy December 4, 2012 at 10:10 am

Great ideas, thanks Bailey and Maddie!

3. Stephanie December 4, 2012 at 10:33 am

LOVE this all! Thank you! Couldn’t agree more about the N’Espresso! Addicted!

4. Keri Cole December 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

Great roundup. We. Love. Iceballs.

5. Keri Cole December 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

Great roundup. We. Love. Iceballs.

6. Steph December 4, 2012 at 10:51 am

Pete and my husband would be best friends. I’m yoinking (the midwestern term for steal- i may have made this word up) like half of these ideas, thanks Bailey!!

7. Jessi December 4, 2012 at 11:07 am

You outdid yourself. I seriously bookmarked like half of those items. Thanks, all!

8. Tenny December 4, 2012 at 11:08 am

Great ideas ladies!

9. janebird December 4, 2012 at 11:15 am

you are brrrringing it! two big smooches for you, bqm coco YOU BQM COCO!

10. julie carter December 4, 2012 at 11:21 am

I hope you know… that you are the rockest of the stars. Like. For. Reals. Go on ahead and brush your shoulders off.

11. Susan December 4, 2012 at 11:49 am

Best list for the guys that I’ve seen! So many great ideas, thank you!

12. Kkrs December 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Yessssss!

13. Amy @TriangleHoneymo December 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Just ordered the whiskey and ice balls for my other half. I think he’ll love the pair. Thanks for the recommendation!

14. Charlotte Axelrod December 4, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Dearest Bails,
    Since you are a “Jill” of all trades I would like to propose a new feature on Peppermint Bliss. Let’s call it “BAIL me OUT”. So here’s my problem. I have friends with a 1 year old daughter who have asked me to help “reveal” the gender of their baby-to-be under the Christmas tree. They will be opening it in front of family, friends and the “big sis” to be. They will be out of town, so no perishables or packages too large. Say it together now, “Peppermint Bliss, BAIL me OUT!”. Help?

15. Charlotte Axelrod December 4, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Dearest Bails,
    Since you are a “Jill” of all trades I would like to propose a new feature on Peppermint Bliss. Let’s call it “BAIL me OUT”. So here’s my problem. I have friends with a 1 year old daughter who have asked me to help “reveal” the gender of their baby-to-be under the Christmas tree. They will be opening it in front of family, friends and the “big sis” to be. They will be out of town, so no perishables or packages too large to ship via Fed Ex. Say it together now, “Peppermint Bliss, BAIL me OUT!”. Help?

16. KC December 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Now I know what to put on my Christmas list! Great post! Thanks!

p.s. I miss your face.

17. Carrie December 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Thank you! This is so helpful! I thought I’d contribute this tidbit since Pete seems like the kind of guy who could appreciate a nice man candle.