Obsessed Lately…

I surprised even myself with the color palette in our new house. While there is nary any beige to be found, the colors are a bit more subdued and richer than my normal fresh and vibrant favorites. I think I went in this direction to honor what the house really needed- hims a cozy old school green/gray guy, he would look ridiculous with neon insides.

This time I went darker, more monochromatic, and textural. Like this guy:

Or him:

Does this mean I am growing up? Doubtful.

But I have to say, I am really loving this new take on my style. And I have become OBSESSED with these fabrics by Mulberry.

It started with this chair we have in the new display at Biscuit, which I recovered in a fabric remnant I had been holding on to for awhile without giving it much thought:

And then it was there staring at me everyday and I started giving it a LOT of thought. And discovered the velvet color ways:

Insane.

At first I wanted to do a chair in it for our guest room, but then I was like nay- I will never see it! I want to gaze upon its glory all day! So now we are doing shades in our den. Which is surrounded by windows. Like 12 of them. Twelve times velvet scenic shades? Not sure, but I’m going for it. And you will get to see it in February. I am SO behind getting things wrapped up- but I have set a January deadline for me to finish, photograph, and show you good people.

I love mulberry because it is sneaky awesome. Like this chintzy guy. Not bad. Kinda granny chic.

But what is that perched there atop that peony?

BAM!

It’s like the personality I wish I had. The kind that sits back and is secure in their secret awesomeness, takes their time to let you figure out how great they are. I am much more, “Nice to meet you. THIS IS WHO I AM! KNOW ME!!! LOVE ME!!!!!”

It’s kind of exhausting, sometimes.

Comments

1. Hilary December 18, 2012 at 11:49 am

That green/gray is gorgeous. Very soothing, but sophisticated. And that last pic? Super foxy. :)

2. Emily Lunstroth December 18, 2012 at 11:56 am

hahah I know what you mean, adorable pattern!

3. rita December 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm

that second room shot is just awesome. i need that room in my house!

4. kkrs December 18, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I have been a long time fan of those ducks. I just might need that chair. I was unaware that it came in velvet. Hmmm…

I like the “moodier” you. Very studious brunette.

Sometimes I feel like my favorites are dictated by seasons. I mean all summer I want nothing but yellow and sunshine… and come Labor Day, I am looking for a peacock blue womb.

It will only be a few months before I am back to loving pinks and yellows and pastels.

5. Danielle December 18, 2012 at 1:22 pm

“Granny Chic” – Love it! haha :) p.s. your headboard is adorable!

6. Danielle December 18, 2012 at 1:24 pm

“Granny Chic” cracks me up – and your headboard on your bed is super cute!!! Love the blue.

7. jackie jade December 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm

ooooh excited to see this new direction. i love that second inspiration photo with the huge dog painting. i want to steal that room and live in it. can’t wait to see the final designs!

8. Emily December 18, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Loving all these fabric picks, especially the duck & fox ones. I think it means I’m growing up too – I never used to like fabrics with animals on them but lately thats pretty much ALL I want for my apartment.
    Isn’t That Charming.

9. Lauren December 19, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Is the dog painting by Joe Andoe?

10. Tina January 11, 2013 at 9:39 pm

That first picture —- laquered doors? I want that in my house!

11. Tina January 11, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I love the lacquered door in the first picture. You think it’s easy to do at home?