Werk: Times 3!

Lisa rules. She hired us to do her whole place on the ever of the birth of their new little man. He made his grand entrance into the world a little early, so we took a break, but she sent me these photos as an update and they were so good I had to share.

We started with their living room. Here is what we were working with.

Their living space before. With the baby coming they wanted to streamline the operation, establish a dedicated dining area, and get more storage going on.

The Plan. Big ol’ built-ins ala Kaihoi. New smaller sexier sectional. And a dining area by the fireplace.

And now. That’s some progress, people. Still have some accessorizing’, some window love. But its real good.

Next we did their nursery.

It was a guest room before.

Here were the plan(s). Wall mural inspired by the little mans middle name, and this room:

Another view.

We wanted to get pieces he could grow with. A dedicated changing table is the dumbest piece of furniture marketed to new moms. You don’t need a specific changing table, just put a pad on any piece of furniture. There is no ideal height for a changing table that would require a special piece of baby developed furniture. Trust me, eventually you will be changing diapers on the floor, in your lap in public restrooms, on the hood of your car. You will figure it out. And then you will be stuck with some ugly changing table and be like “Tha Eff?”

Here is how it turned out. That is just a little snippet. It is so good I think it might need to be properly shot and revealed.

THEN! We did their master.

Before

The plan…

Now. That wall color is sooooooo rawr.

I am obsessed. Can’t wait to finish it all up. It is such a pleasure as a decorator when someone really trusts you and delights in your vision and then executes it. I cannot imagine anything more flattering or affirming than someone choosing to live with your design. Gets me all verklempt.

Whatcha’ll think?

Three cheers for Lisa & Co?

Comments

1. Jennifer December 10, 2012 at 8:16 am

Bailey! I am so glad to see someone else with the same opinion about changing tables! I think they are the most pointless waste of money, I thought that when I was pregnant with my first and even more so now that I’m having baby number two. A dresser is a thousand times better…so much more storage, not to mention it’s a piece that can grow with the child or be moved to another room if desired!

2. Meg December 10, 2012 at 9:42 am

Hi Bailey – this house looks great! I have a question about your last house…can you tell me what type of counter you used in your kitchen? Was it carrera? I’m wanting to do something similar. Thanks!

3. christine{b&b} December 10, 2012 at 10:31 am

Amazing work! That nursery just completely sold me on what I was thinking for mine- have been using that same inspiration photo and am just trying to get up the nerve to do a wall mural…you just sealed that deal- that nursery looks amazing!!!!

4. christine{b&b} December 10, 2012 at 10:32 am

5. Meg December 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Agreed! And (thank god) my Mom had the same opinion too! I currently use my old changing table (ahem, dresser) in the entry way of our new home. I love that the piece has been with me my whole life…all about investing in great pieces!
    Do you know where Lisa found her dresser/changing table? and GREAT color choice!

6. ade December 10, 2012 at 11:49 am

I really like seeing your client before & afters! For a design-challenged gal like myself, I think it’s helpful to see this and super fun! I would looooove to see more of these posts on the blog.

7. Annie December 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I love it! That mural is killer.

8. Molly L December 10, 2012 at 12:14 pm

All of this is just so amazing. I am especially inspired by the built-ins, couch situation. I like how you delineated between living area and dining area!

9. Porkchop December 10, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I want to talk about that sectional…where/what/how muchish?

10. Meghan T December 10, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I heart everything but I’m especially loving the master bedroom design board. Best color combo that looks pulled together over time and not purchased, wrapped up and delivered on one truck. You’re awesome and I can’t wait to channel your style in our new house!! “What Would Bailey Do?”

11. Helena - A Diary of December 10, 2012 at 12:53 pm

THAT nursery is AMAZING!

12. Tricia December 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Nursery is bomb!!! Great werk! Love it.

13. jackie jade December 10, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Ooooh love it all! Question – did you and your team do the work in person or was this all via mood board? Looking great so far!!

14. shannon December 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm

It’s looking great! Love a trusting client! But more than that, love it when they do special effects for their photo shoots-that sexy smoke in the master bedroom pic is hawt..bom-chicka-bom bom ;)

15. Elizabeth December 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Those monogram pillows- be still my heart!

16. Courtney December 10, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Love love love it all!! Great job. Wondering about both ottomans? Are they Ballard with COM fabrics? Looking for something similar for myself. Thanks!

17. smash December 10, 2012 at 7:43 pm

LOVE all of it! The living room sectional looks incredible and I adore the non-baby baby-room. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

18. NayNay December 10, 2012 at 8:14 pm

How has no one commented on the hairless cat? Beautiful home! …The cat on your bed makes my shoulders touch my earlobes. (I mean that in a good natured way… I’m sure he/she is a very nice creature)

Love the sexy sectional!

19. Upcycled Home December 10, 2012 at 11:55 pm

3 cheers fo sho!!!! Loving that little nugget bedroom and I am in complete agreement about changing tables! Three kids and I’ve never had one, just dressers with changing pads on top! (and I am mourning the fact that my wee little Haddie is getting almost too big to change in my lap, sob)

20. Ashley December 11, 2012 at 11:26 am

I NEED to know more about the black entertainment unit. Is it custom?

21. Molly December 13, 2012 at 1:53 am

These client before and afters are my favorite! Where did she find the ottoman in her living room? It’s stellar!

22. Alexa December 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Where did you buy the mural? I’ve been obsessed with the pool print for years, to have a mural of it in my home office would be killer.

23. Niki December 18, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Bailey, these are amazing! I’m a little behind on checking your posts. I agree with Alexa I am obsessed with that pool print/mural any help on how to make that happen? Also any word on the sectional, we sold our house and they asked for all our furniture! Super compliment but now we are starting over!

24. Melody December 30, 2012 at 11:27 am

Bailey,
    Your work truly is so amazing! I bet you must flash a smile with every time you walk into your designed rooms.

<3<3