Today’s post brought to you by…

Panic.

Our house is being shot on Monday by this lady for a mag and all I can do is look around at everything I haven’t done yet.

She shot our house in Chicago for Rue almost exactly two years ago. I keep looking back at pictures from the shoot and thinking the following:

1. I thought I was so pregnant and fat at the time. I didn’t know anything about anything. And I probably still don’t.

30680841181905371_Kjxrkx3a_c

2. I love seeing how pieces I found/created for that house have transitioned with us to now. If you liked that spread, I think it will be fun for you to see how we live with a lot of those items now.

136374694935812396_WAtWUvzp_c

3. But please…please…do not compare the two. I didn’t have a baby or a real job then. And I spent a full year getting that place together. We have been living here for 3 months and I haven’t had a day off at home since Biscuit opened. So progress has been slow. But I think that’s ok, I will be able to share a lot more projects with y’all on this house because it is nowhere near “done”. It is always tough to decide whether to go with sharing pics through a magazine/site- which require exclusivity and mean I can’t show y’all much before they debut- and just sharing it with y’all here. The decision usually comes down to the fact that I am a terrible photographer/stylist and if I can get the place properly shot to show you it is better for everyone.

30680841181905342_K3DUN0if_c

3. The second day of shooting for the Rue spread we went to the Doctor and they found Gracie’s issue. Right afterwards was Pete’s spring break, and we were in Mexico trying to figure out what we should do (move to Texas, stay in Chicago, Pete’s job etc.) when the Rue feature came out. I cannot believe it has been two years. We went back to that same hotel in Mexico over Christmas and it was truly awesome to be on the other side, but still so mindful of where we have been.

When Emily is here she is also going to shoot the store and the bedding so we can have some proper images on the website of each item and how they can be mixed and matched. We are receiving about 10 fifty-pound boxes a day with our bedding stock. So I woke up at the crack of dawn to go over to our “warehouse”- the garage apartment at my moms house- to unpack 30 of those boxes and do inventory. photo

I better have some arm muscles after all of that.

Comments

1. Nancy January 9, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Hope the photo shoot goes well!! I cant wait to see the final images once they are published

2. Chelsea January 9, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I am so excited to see the changes! I am still so obsessed with that green sofa. Good luck, luvie. Don’t stress. I think your version of not pulled together is many’s version of completely put together. xo

3. Alexis January 9, 2013 at 3:38 pm

This is my first time checking out your blog and I’m in love! For the photos in this post, do you have a source list? Love the monogrammed shams, and large sheep! Thanks!

4. Smash January 9, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Ahh good luck! Cannot wait to see the final results. I know both the store and home are beautiful! xo

5. Kate January 10, 2013 at 7:42 am

Bailey, my love, where do you find the gorgeous, hilarious art in your house? It is amazeballs!

6. Kate January 10, 2013 at 7:45 am

Where does your gorgeous and hilarious art come from, my love? The cat painting and enormous monkey one are the loves of my life!

7. Shannin Williams January 10, 2013 at 11:35 am

Can’t wait to see this photo session! I am going to Houston soon and I am going to stop by Biscuit to check it out…EXCITING!!!!

8. Geri January 10, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Well I can tell you after packing those boxes and lifting them each onto a scale, my muscle tone is getting better. I hear you loud and clear. LOL !!!

9. good reads: 1.10.13 | BUCKETS AND BUNCHES January 11, 2013 at 6:07 am

[...] I think I caught up on every post of Bailey’s that I had ever missed- that girl, hilarious and insightful. That perfect combination. (I am so excited to see the new house!) [...]

10. Susan January 11, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I so enjoy your blog. I can just imagine your voice. It is always a real treat to read a new post of yours. Thank you! Love your style too!

11. Caitlin January 12, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Bailey!! Two things:
    1. Good luck with the shoot, I am soooo excited!!!!

2. Would you mind sharing what hotel in Mexico is so amazing that you keep going back?

Thanks a lot!!