Master Bedroom: Before & After

Sorry for the late posting today…I forgot Pete and I were leaving at 5 am to go to Chicago for a quick 24 hours business trip. 5 am is so rude it is almost inexcusable. 5 am should be ashamed of itself, as a time.

So here is the before & after scoop on our bedroom.IMG_1094

Before…

IMG_1630 copy

After!

I had purchased this wallpaper for our house in Austin, and was thisclose to installing it but then I had a sneaking suspicion we weren’t going to be there very long and I didn’t want to waste it.

IMG_1644

I liked the wallpaper I used instead, but the whole color scheme came from this paper and the elements never really worked right without it. IMG_1650

As I mentioned here, I had a moment of clarity the night before the shoot about our bedside tables that just were not working. A quick trip to the storage unit and Biscuit for new lamps made all the difference. Tray by Caitlin McGauley…we have ‘em at Biscuit and they are available in her store.

IMG_1654 copy

I love my lucky bunny. A Christmas present this year from my mom.

IMG_1093

Another angle before…

photo 1

And now for my unfortunate iPhone pics of other angles of the room “after”. The curtains need some serious work. New rods and hemming. But it was a huge improvement over the poster board I had taped in there for 4 months when we got them up- so I’m going to live with it for a bit.

photo 2-1

My great-grandmothers vanity.

photo 5

And the memories. Our TV looks crooked here because it is angled towards the bed and I didn’t have the foresight to correct that before I took this stellar picture.

Sources: Console, lamps, duvet, euros, bed cover, boudoirs, wallpaper.

I have had a few emails asking me to talk more about the process of decorating/renovating, and doubts I have and how I deal with that etc. I am going to do a more in-depth post tomorrow on the rooms we have shown so far, but with this room I think the biggest thing for me was the wallpaper. I was so happy to get to use it…Besides the bedding and the side table situation, it is all the exact same furniture/curtains/rug etc that we had in Austin, but I just love this room so much more. The wallpaper was the inspiration behind the rug color, headboard, pink ceiling, everything- and though the paper we used in Austin instead was lovely, it wasn’t a perfect match and it never looked right to me. 4a8c717e05d68cad3acf7547f462d1f0

here is a pic of the austin master situation for reference.

Right? Maybe it is just me but I think it just looks much right-er now. And I like the smaller scale/coziness of this room.

What say you? Leave questions in the comments and I will try to get to them all!

Comments

1. Julie February 7, 2013 at 1:50 pm

That looks amazing! I love those lamps and your linens!

2. Elly Simmons February 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Holy. Hotness. I love how you’ve owned wallpaper and dark paints in this house- keeping your quirkiness in the accessories. You’ve done dark for Southern gals the way Abigail Ahern does it for the Brits. Genius. Xox

3. mrs. V - Chez V February 7, 2013 at 2:23 pm

yep. spot on. that paper is like Lebowski’s rug. It brings the whole room together.

4. Katie February 7, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Love the new house, thank you so much for posting all of these before and afters! Your biscuit looks delicious, but I think my fav thing in the room is that sweet sweet sweet black and white picture of you and Pete. Love it!

5. Elisa February 7, 2013 at 3:14 pm

This is so fun! Everyday I come to your blog and everyday I see something breathtaking! I love the design sense you have. It’s gorgeous and brave. The wallpaper was a great inspiration to your room. I can’t wait for tomorrow!

6. katharine February 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm

hey…is the ceiling still pink :)

7. katharine February 7, 2013 at 4:57 pm

p.s I meant to say I love it anyway I was just intreged, I’d love to paid our ceilings but not sure if they’re too low! English Cottage!
    I’m excited to see the rest:)

8. Rebecca February 7, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Love the rug and the new house! Any good resources to find baby friendly/non super shedding rugs?

9. Allison February 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Can you tell me the colorway and pattern of the duvet in the photo?

Thanks!!

10. Allison February 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm

What color/pattern is the duvet?

11. Allison February 7, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Wondering the color of the duvet on your bed?

12. Amber B @ Simple Dwe February 7, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I love the new home and matchbook magazine feature. Simply Stunning! You’re right- this wallpaper does the rest of your pieces more justice. Amazing work, again! :)

13. Kirsten February 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm

That chaise is mighty purty- from where did it come? Your room looms so cozy and lovely!

14. Kkrs February 7, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Love this. My mama has had those same panels in dark grey in her bedroom for a really long time. Other stuff changes, but they stay put. ( wish she would get sick of em so i could recycle them in our home!) I’ve always loved them. I think I actually like your color better. Great job, bailey.

FYI: I loved your Austin master… A lot. But you are 100% correct… This makes so much sense. It’s perfect. You’re going to be such a big star!
    Xoxo
    K.

15. Fran Glass February 8, 2013 at 12:56 am

A man sleeps here? On purpose? :p

16. Fran Glass February 8, 2013 at 5:26 am

I just realized how rude my comment must seem. Sorry about that! This is a really pretty room. :)

17. Amanda February 8, 2013 at 9:00 am

Love it….I have a girl crush on your insane abilities to deco the hell outta some spaces. Love this….love the whole house!

18. A fan February 8, 2013 at 9:17 am

Allison – the duvet is from her bedding line, http://www.biscuit-home.com

19. Focipresley (Bon) February 8, 2013 at 10:58 am

You have serious talent darling! I can’t get enough of your style. Love!

20. Sara February 9, 2013 at 11:53 am

In love with everything! Where did you get the curtain rods?

21. Joni Webb February 9, 2013 at 7:41 pm

omg!!!!!!!!!!!! i saw your house in the mag and now here and it’s so fabulous! I esp. love the kitchen and bathrooms and now i want to get the same stove!!!! oh. i really really really want it. hehe.
    I love your bedroom and your dining room and love your living room too! love it all!!!! and i would love to talk to you about alt. i have so many thoughts clouding my mind right now about blogging and bloggers, would love to share.
    joni

22. Stephanie February 9, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I love how feisty this color scheme is while still being soothing! What a great combo. I have a question about your Austin house (I live in Austin…) Would you be willing to share your source for wallpaper hanging? I have these damn bumpy walls (barf!) and I need a skilled skimmer and paper-hanger to make me more comfortable handing over the great vintage wallpaper I found. Just love seeing your new house – yay!

23. Elizabeth February 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Where did you get the bedside tables? I’ve been looking for similar ones. Love the room!

24. Lindsey A. February 12, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Love it all! The new wallpaper is much better and helps pull it all together. Question about the rug….did you have carpet cut custom to fit your room?

25. Emily May 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Bailey, could you tell me where you bought your bed? My husband and I cannot agree on wood vs. upholstered, and yours is the perfect combination of both. I love your entire house! Thx!