Summer Wedding Style

Last weekend Pete & I whooped it up at the most beautiful wedding of our good friends R&P.

photo 1-1

I can’t even with that setting. Those boats were just beautifully sailing about the bay in the background during the ceremony. The whole day leading up to the wedding had been overcast and cold and misty and then an hour before the ceremony it cleared up and was literally sparkling beautiful.

photo 3-1

Pete and I were twins. Pete was annoyed. I was delighted.

photo 2-1

My favorite moment at any wedding, when the Groom sees the Bride for the first time.

photo-59

These two.

photo 3

Then, as if the sparkly day wasn’t stunning enough, that big ol’ super moon rose over their tent.

photo 2

I love a wedding that is lovely and tender, and then wild when the sun sets.

photo 5

R&P are fantastic dancers, and I think the wedding guests all rose to the occasion.

photo 4

I had a fantastic time with my special man friend…

…Though I am very excited to not have any plans this weekend.

People have asked where my dress was from, it is Milly from a few years ago. I was going to wear my favorite summer dressScreen Shot 2013-06-28 at 8.37.23 AM

I am obsessed with the two-tone neon and it is so flattering, but I was afraid in this preppy crowd there might be someone else rockin’ the frock. Plus, Pete’s biggest pet peeve of life is when we match, so when I saw the opportunity for a Destiny’s Child couples moment, I had to take it.

Comments

1. ERB June 28, 2013 at 11:48 am

OMG I love it absolutely take advantage of the opportunity to wear matching outfits – it’s my favorite thing and my husband hates it too but I mean, why doesn’t he understand how great it is
    Also – your hair = perfection

2. M June 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Wow, amazing-looking wedding! Your sailboat dress was perfect and the matching is hilarious. So I hope I’m not the only one wondering, WAS anyone else wearing the other dress?!

3. michelle June 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm

i LOVE that you two match! my guy and i tend to accidentally match a lot. he thinks it’s really funny and points it out to everyone.

4. Julia June 28, 2013 at 2:15 pm

You seriously crack my shit up! “Destiny‚Äôs Child couples moment”? Hysterical!

Julia

5. smash June 28, 2013 at 2:36 pm

“He was annoyed, I was delighted” could be the title of my memoir. My husband feels the same as Pete, while I delight in taking any opportunity to look like we coordinated. Beautiful wedding!

6. kkrs June 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Stunning. All of it. And I agree with smash… “he was annoyed, I was delighted” could be the title of MY memoir as well! Milly is running an iteration of that same dress this season, unfortunately, I believe that it is sold out! Sigh.

7. Jenni H. June 28, 2013 at 8:49 pm

woman, are you going to finish telling us the story behind all the prints of season 2? you’re killing me here! i love hearing about the people behind the prints and seeing how you like to pair them!

8. Emily Lunstroth July 1, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Her gown is beautiful!!!

9. kristen July 2, 2013 at 9:20 am

the bride and groom are scarily attractive

10. Anika July 10, 2013 at 12:24 pm

LOVE Milly! That dress is spot on for a summer wedding — and a little maize and blue is puuuurfect for a Michigan wedding. <3