Wee-Decorating: The Kitchen Part 2

Our photoshoot got pushed back a few weeks, which gave us some time to finish up some other wee-decoarting projects around the house. New kitchen blinds went in last week, and now we are just waiting to change out the light fixture over the table and add some brush trim to the cushions. So from our last wee-decorating update when I moved that white desk into the room…

IMG_1694

To now. I’m a decorator, I should be well aware of the pleasing affects from a good window treatment, but every time they come to install in a new room I am like, Ahhh!! That’s what was missing!

IMG_1697

And the kitchen is no exception. Small change, big payoff.

As you can see through the window in the first picture, the backyard is still a disaster- however. UGHHH. I am in my 12th hour of labor on that project and currently hating everyone who got me into this mess. Thank goodness the inside of the house is bringing me such inner peace because it is 100,000 degrees here and we are living in the middle of alternatingly a dust-storm desert, or a mud pit, depending on the weather.

Comments

1. michelle June 26, 2013 at 11:11 am

i love it! and your stove is the things that dreams are made of.

2. Kate Collins Interiors June 26, 2013 at 11:38 am

I love the shades!! While you may not see leaves outside right now, at least you’ve got them inside with some nice AC.

3. Kate Collins Interiors June 26, 2013 at 11:39 am

Love the shades! While you may not have leaves outside right now, at least you have them inside with some nice AC!!

4. chelsie | chelsie, darling June 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm

the kitchen is a beauty!

5. my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you June 26, 2013 at 3:58 pm

but you have that stove!!!!!!! please tell me you use it every day bc i will kill you if you don’t use it every day! and when all this is over you will have a delicious pool to swim in while i will still be sweating like a whore in church on my porch with my feet in a tupperware bowl next to a kid that hates me.
    i am coming to your house for the summer. (not kidding)

6. emily June 26, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Gorgeous! I always delay putting up window treatments because I think that it will block sunlight, but then I do and I am always so glad. Lovely job.

7. Ivey June 27, 2013 at 12:01 am

Beautiful! I covet your stove. Any chance you could share the source on your kitchen island? I need it. Now.

8. Nicky June 27, 2013 at 6:09 am

Could you share where your lovely personalized cutting board is from? I need an anniversary gift and that would be perfect! Thanks!!

9. Christina June 28, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I just can’t with your kitchen. I literally have shivers down my spine. So. Effin. Good.

10. Brandi July 8, 2013 at 9:27 am

I always think curtains just make a room feel finished. Ugh it is so hot here in Dallas too! I know what you mean about projects going on forever, can’t stand it!

11. rose November 16, 2013 at 2:34 am

That stove is a work of art. I’m speechless.