Inspiration to Room

I have long been a fan of Wes Anderson, and with each new movie I am more and more inspired by the aesthetics of his work. When I saw the poster for his latest film, it made me so. happy.

gbhthr

Which is good, because I have been so uncomfortably sick this week (thus the two days of no-posting). Sick when pregnant is double terrible. The pregnancy tends to amplify your symptoms- and then you are extremely limited on the medicine you can take. Rude.

Luckily- we have taken on quite a few new client projects so I had plenty to do while perusing the internets in bed yesterday nursing my sinus/ear infection- seriously. An ear infection. What adult gets an ear infection!? I feel like Linus.

While looking through some inspiration photos sent by a new client, I became a little obsessed with this image from a space by Elizabeth Bauer (one of my all-time favorite designers) and it started to remind me of the Grand Budapest Hotel image.

louis_trunks

I have always loved olive and pink together, but bringing in the blue/green color and some warm leather just got me all kinds of excited.

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 8.58.16 PM

I like it very much.

Comments

1. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door October 18, 2013 at 8:27 am

Feel better soon!

2. texasgirl October 18, 2013 at 10:17 am

i absolutely love this!! we have a brown leather chesterfield sofa and are in the process of picking out the rest of the furniture for our living room. i love the leather but am trying to find a way to add some feminine pieces as well and i absolutely love the pink chair with this!! never would have put it all together but it is to die for.

3. Dominique Paolini October 18, 2013 at 12:00 pm

After watching the trailer for this movie, I IMDBed Wes Anderson, figuring I’d seen a movie or two of his. Looking through the list of every movie he’s made I realized I’d never seen any. Not one! must.fix.

4. Nickie October 18, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for the tip, B. I just googled the trailer and am DYING to see this movie. I can’t wait to see it. I love Wes Anderson too. My favorite is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

So sorry you’re sick. Hope you are feeling all better very soon.

5. Sarah October 18, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Where is that rug from?

6. Jane October 19, 2013 at 10:46 am

Where is the couch from? Love.

7. Ryann October 19, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Where’s that couch from? Love ittttt

8. Rose October 19, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Ah. Rushmore. And then Life Aquatic tied with Royal Tenenbaums. And because this quote fits with your current life situation; You really think it’s cool for you to hit the sauce with a bun in the oven? :)

9. Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com October 21, 2013 at 7:46 am

love that wallpaper! It will look great!

10. Rachel October 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I really, really adore this scheme: the turquoise, the plaid, the ducky fabric, the masculine leather offset by the pink chair. The mix is perfecto.

I’m torn on the antelope. It would look amazing. But I might prefer a seagrass carpet wall to wall instead. But I think I’m more of a casually-insouciant type, whereas the antelope is full-on glam. So my issue is that the room might be too glamorous. Not much of a complaint, is it? ;)

11. Taylor November 19, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Since you’re a Wes Anderson fan I’m sure you’ve seen this already, but just in case you haven’t, you MUST watch the SNL Wes Anderson spoof they did a few weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEzGDzZ1dY

Brilliant.

12. ryann November 21, 2013 at 6:00 pm

hi bailey! where is the sassy pink accent chair from?!