New Years Newness

We have been working on some big changes at Biscuit for the past few months, we are moving to a new space!

We love our current location, but we have rapidly outgrown it, and when one of my dream buildings in Houston became available we jumped at the chance to move to the next level. We have spent the past few months renovating the space, and are planning to open in February!Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 9.02.00 PM

The building is so cool, I can’t believe we lucked out and got it. It needed a TON of work though even just to bring it up to code, and I can’t wait to show you our new digs.

This is what it looked like after we took over and did an initial clean up- I will show you full before & afters once we move in.

photo 3-3

The exterior with our own parking lot, what what!

photo 1-6

MUCH bigger floor space for the store…

photo 2-7

And most importantly, studio! Glorious studio! With tons of natural light. We don’t even have A singular window in our office/studio now.

What does that mean for all of you? Things are going to get even better at Biscuit. We are going to have more space to fill out our selections, warehouse space so we can start shipping our furniture, and a huge design studio so that we can take on more client projects- and more to share!

Comments

1. Jules January 8, 2014 at 7:43 am

Congratulations Bailey – can’t wait to see what you guys do with the space, it looks great! I’ve read the posts over the last few days with interest and you are going from strength to strength and providing such a good example to Grace – I can’t believe you are taking on this massive project in your pregnancy, you are a rock star!

2. Kristiann January 8, 2014 at 7:56 am

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see how you fill up the new space.

3. Andrea January 8, 2014 at 8:46 am

That building used to house Second to None, the resale shop that benefited the Houston Area Women’s Center (rape crisis & domestic violence support services – main office at Waugh & West Dallas). Many people got part of their fresh start there, so the building has great karma. Enjoy!

4. Amy Y January 8, 2014 at 8:48 am

Baily, I usually just read your posts, and don’t comment, but I wanted to take a minute to shout congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment, especially considering how recently you started Biscuit. This is amazing and you should be giving yourself huge pats on the back. Take it from a slightly older, (cough, cough, much)lady- you need to just keep doing you and ignore the recent unpleasantness from the low self esteem club.
    Unfortunately, some people never seem to mature beyond the age of 11, and then normal people are forced to deal with their issues. Just try to rise above as usual and enjoy!! You deserve it.

-Longtime fan and proud reader,
    Amy

5. Chantal January 8, 2014 at 8:57 am

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see another amazing transformation. And kudos to you for standing up for yourself and thank you for sharing your feelings.

6. Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com January 8, 2014 at 9:01 am

Amazing! How exciting. I will have to get down to Texas to visit! That building is amazing!

7. Leigh in Houston January 8, 2014 at 9:12 am

I’ve been in that antique store several times. So much stuff crammed in there, especially the back room! Congratulations on your new space.

8. Cathy January 8, 2014 at 9:37 am

Good for you Bailey! It is truly exciting to watch your business grow and see your talent soar. Love reading your blog, tho I have never commented. Read your post the other day and wanted to tell you that I admire you and am glad you do your best to ignore the nastiness of “haters,” because, truly there are more on the other side of the coin, like me, and we just need to speak up more often. Go girl, make it happen in 2014!

9. Kelsey January 8, 2014 at 9:56 am

My sister lives so close, will be stopping in to see when you’ve opened!

10. alison g. January 8, 2014 at 10:07 am

Mah-JOR.
    Bravissima!

11. Julia Ryan January 8, 2014 at 11:47 am

Congrats on the new space! Can’t wait to see everything transformed!

12. jody January 8, 2014 at 12:00 pm

this is amazing! I love your store and bedding line–and this just goes to show that if you do good stuff there is not limit!

13. Kerry January 8, 2014 at 12:07 pm

OMG I am even more excited to visit your store in April from the UK. I’m currently dreaming about all the lovely things I will buy until then :)

14. Molly {Dreams in HD} January 8, 2014 at 12:07 pm

congratulations bailey!
    can’t wait to see what you do with the space.

Molly {Dreams in HD}

15. Amy January 8, 2014 at 12:09 pm

This is so great! I got to visit your store in its early days and know this space will bring it all so much more character. I think I even bought a totem pole from that place back when I was living in Houston. Can’t wait to come visit the new location!

16. Amanda Risius @ A Hammer & Heels January 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Wow congrats!!! I know you will do wonders with the space. I admire what you have done with the business in only a year! Have you thought about sharing your business plan and how you made it happen?

hammerandheels.blogspot.com

17. Emily Lunstroth January 8, 2014 at 12:59 pm

LOVE that area!!!!!!!!
    Congrats cannot wait to come see the new place once its done//I am back in Houston!

18. Mandy H. January 8, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Congrats! That building looks ahmazing!

19. Kelsey M. January 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Soooo exciting! Looks like 2014 is turning out to be a best year yet for you! Can’t wait to see all the beautimous stuff ahead!

20. Nancy W January 8, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Congrats! Can’t wait to see your magic. :)

21. Shannon January 8, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Ahh SO exciting! I love stopping in Biscuit, and now you’ll be close enough to practically walk to from my house!!

22. Nancy January 8, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Wow, how exciting! Congratulations!
    It has been so fun to see Biscuit grow from your posts here on the blog. Though I live up in New England, I sadly wont probably visit in person any time soon, but cant wait to see pictures her on the blog!
    Earlier this year I bought a set of Biscuit sheets, white with a blue boarder, and I just love them! :)

23. Meredith January 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I’m a long time reader, but hardly ever comment. I had to comment today to congratulate you on Biscuit’s success! I’m also a pregnant working mamma and some days I feel like I can barely get through the day, and I’m not running and expanding a business. Huge kudos to you!!

Random side question – are you getting a double stroller? If so, which one? I’m also pregnant with #2 (in fact my daughter is a few months younger than Grace), and I’m really struggling with the double stroller issue. Maybe you could do a post on gear you’re getting for Mr. McBaby?

24. Afton January 8, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Welcome to the neighborhood! Cannot wait to see the new digs :)

Get it, gurl.

25. Jessy F. January 8, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Congrats! Love the new space!

26. smash January 8, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Congrats Bailey! I love the new space. You can NEVER underestimate the power of natural light. I also love the retro style exterior…I’m sure you will do amazing things with it! xx

27. Marcy January 8, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Hell yes. We chose to get a crazy old vintage building with hella windows when we selected one for our space, and it was the best decision ever. The best buildings are the one you can pour a lot of unique love into!

28. christie January 8, 2014 at 11:33 pm

congrats, bailey!! can’t wait to come see it!

29. Melissa January 9, 2014 at 12:39 pm

WOWO! I canNOT wait to see the new space! I am living vicariously through you as I would LOVE to have a retail/studio space but that is “phase II” and I am just sell beginning “phase I” for my business. :-) What wonderful things you have in the works!

30. Natalie Cross January 9, 2014 at 1:53 pm

OMG! I gotta go get Russel! (SNL with Ed Norton). I am so excited for you! I love following your blog and your huge success! Congratulations!! Just told my husband last night I am about to take a road trip to Houston!

31. sarah January 9, 2014 at 9:35 pm

I was literally driving by the old BJs today and was wondering what was moving in. So excited for you guys!

32. emmna January 11, 2014 at 1:46 am

Congrats on the new space – I really hope you can attract like-minded businesses to that part of The Curve. I can appreciate that you are excited for the possibilities, but I am also a teensy bit tense about that location/security. And this is a lot of work for a new mama!

Can’t wait to visit the new digs on my next Houston trip and see how magical you make it!

33. Leah January 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

congrats and super exciting! is the new location right across from Empire?