Sah-Ree

Sorry for the sporadic posting this week. My friend Alex texted me yesterday and said that every day I don’t post she assumes I went and had McBaby. I promise I am not trying to be coy, this baby is just consuming every square inch of my body and my mind, and I don’t want to bore y’all with my bitching.

Here are a few things that have been pleasing to me this week…

Christine had a fabulous feature on SMP this week that used our bedding.

8673aae59ffd8c16eab4c2715df96ae8

My friend Charles has the best Instagram account maybe ever. His videos blow my mind, username RobotSpaceBrain.

Screen Shot 2014-01-16 at 7.52.00 PM

Every Sunday a treat lands in my inbox in the form of the Bey Cheat Sheet.

Bey's Cheat Sheet

The newsletter arrives just as I need my pump up for the week featuring a Beyonce performance, some enthusiastic analysis and fun facts. It’s a delight, and I suggest you all sign up for it as well.

I have been making the rounds making sure all of our design projects are at a good stopping point before I take a lil break…projectupdates

I have also greatly appreciated your tips on getting things going. So far I have been bouncing on a ball, eating tons of spicy foods, and giving myself foot massages.

labor

I have also been walking a lot, and Pete and I played a highly goofy round of tennis yesterday too. I hear y’all on the primrose & castor oil, but they make me a little nervous so I am going to wait to consider those at the 11th hour. I was hoping the full moon the other night might prove magical- but no such luck. I still have another week to make something happen, and my Doctor definitely seems to be supportive, which is encouraging.

Finally, go get the latest issue of House Beautiful. It’s the best one I have seen in awhile, I have read it through three times already. It’s a saver.

And that is about all I can muster today, how about I will come back here when I have something worthwhile to report? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and that I have a baby!

Comments

1. Colleen January 17, 2014 at 9:27 am

My sister did castor oil and it worked! I say if it won’t kill you then try it… Good luck!

2. abby January 17, 2014 at 9:49 am

Hi Bailey! Good luck with baby boy – when our little guy took his sweet time getting here I did lots of walking and squatting – pulling weeds in the front yard was probably NOT what my neighbors wanted to see! And then when I almost couldn’t take it anymore a good cry and then some downward dog got my water to break. Not my intentions really but I think the combo of releasing all those emotions might have done it for us. You look fantastic in your tennis gear!

3. Jules January 17, 2014 at 10:37 am

Good luck lovely, Mr McBaby will be here before you know it! I say forget about the castor oil and go sit on your bahoocie and watch trashy tv and eat tacos….. All the very best to you all for a safe and quick delivery! x

4. Lauren @ T&G January 17, 2014 at 11:06 am

I see that you can still wear shoes, so you’re doing great! Hang in there, and best wishes throughout this incredibly special time as you bring your little guy into the world :)

5. jackie January 17, 2014 at 12:27 pm

good luck! and can’t wait to see more of your design projects!!
    – jackie @ jade and oak

6. Audrey January 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Go get pedicures and foot massages! The acupressure on the feet is supposed to help speed things along! Plus who doesn’t love pedicures!?

7. meg January 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm

i was 41 weeks — an afternoon walking around ikea got it going. good luck!

8. Beth January 17, 2014 at 3:41 pm

My doctor, doula, and prenatal yoga instructor have all told me the best way to get a baby to come out is the same thing that got them there in the first place…SEX! Get your mc freak on girl and get that baby moving!

9. Priscilla January 17, 2014 at 5:29 pm

If you want to go into labor, which you will soon, its unbearable the last couple of week/days . Eat tropical fruits. Mangos, pineapples, and kiwi. I took eat them around 10 pm. By the next day 7 am I was going into labor. =)

10. Marcy January 17, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Oh man I have nothing useful to say about emitting mcbaby, but I am jealous of your calves regardless. I am not pregnant but castor oil scares me… so I would choose this time to be in a bathtub watching tv or something. I heard (from a friend who just had her baby after a week of angry walking) that feeling “weightless” really helps. She is having major regrets (since she went med free) about not doing a bath birth because of said weightlessness. I imagine with VBAC you are going epidural though so hey, pain now, freedom soon!

speaking of weightlessness, that tub in the photo up above is killer. such a fan.

Anyways hey, mcbaby, a random person from Chicago says join the world so your mama can dress you up in cute things and show all of us how adorable you are! plus you have this totally awesome velvet crib thing, little dude, you gotta take a look.

11. Elly January 18, 2014 at 3:51 am

Go Bailey Go! You’ll get that lil Mr. out one way or another soon. But I also heard the same tip as Beth….. dancing in the bed sheets does the trick.

12. christine[bijouandboheme] January 18, 2014 at 9:33 am

Oh my goodness….SO excited to hear the big news – sending you many McBaby come out soon wishes!!! And thank you for the sweet mention:) xoxo

13. Melissa Tarleton January 19, 2014 at 9:51 am

I don’t know if you’ve had this rec yet, but with my 42 w 3 day overdue baby, a L&D nurse friend brought over a diffuser (like you buy at Whole Foods or whatever) and added lemon oil to it. We ran it 24/7 for a day, and my contractions started within 2 hours of it going on, and steadily built throughout the day, and we were at the hospital that night! We had tried EVERYTHING with no real results before that– I swear it worked!

14. Nickie January 20, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Hey B. I haven’t commented in awhile so forgive me if I am repeating what others have already said, but: Try to be patient!! That lil’ fella will pop out when he’s ready. I know it is difficult (been there, done that) but he’ll arrive when the time is perfect…at least, according to him. :) Best wishes and good luck!!

15. alexa January 27, 2014 at 2:37 am

Ah you look great! Come on baby! :)