Project Holly Before & After: Master Bathroom- Update!

I can see this space being one of the most potentially controversial makeovers we did at Project Holly, but we are all thrilled with it.

Some background: As you can see, the situation before wasn’t ideal, but it wasn’t unlivable by any means. Eventually my clients plan on gutting the space and adding on to create a shmancy closet, master bath situation, but that will have to wait a year or two. In the meantime, we wanted to make the most of the existing bathroom so you didn’t really notice the less desirable elements like the beigey tile and outdated shower enclosure. So I thought…What could we do for not much money that would make you overlook those things?

Houston Real Estate Photographer

Put some slutty red lipstick on that pig.

We painted e’rything the most awesomely bossy red. We switched out the cabinet hardware and faucets, added some interesting sconces/mirrors.

biscuithome-063

We got lucky and had enough leftover marble from the kitchen countertops to use in here as well.

biscuithome-064

It’s not for everyone, and probably not forever, but you definitely don’t notice the beige tile anymore! Not to mention it was super liberating to go for it and play a little.

**UPDATE** For those that asked for more of a perspective picture, here is a truly bad iPhone shot…sorry for the poor quality, it’s all I got!photo

MASTER BATH
Paint Color: BM Ruby Red | Lights: Circa Lighting | Mirrors: Restoration Hardware | Curtain Fabric: Osborne & Little, Designers Guild, FCL004/01

Photos by Kimberly Chau for Style Me Pretty

Comments

1. Margaret March 31, 2014 at 7:03 am

I absolutely love that you WENT FOR IT. The color is gorgeous!

2. Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke March 31, 2014 at 7:34 am

I love it! It is completely transformed!

3. Becky March 31, 2014 at 7:47 am

Stunning! What is the hardware you used on the drawers? I’ve got a pig that could use a bit of tarting up myself.

4. Alyssa Hertzig March 31, 2014 at 10:11 am

Wow! This is very, very cool! You are so creative and I just love your taste. I wish you lived in the NYC area, because we are looking to redecorate our house right now and I love your work. (Do you ever do out of state projects??)

5. Alyssa H March 31, 2014 at 10:59 am

Wow-this is awesome. I love your taste and you are SO creative. Man–I wish you lived in the NYC area! We are looking to decorate several rooms in our home right now and I just adore your style. (Actually…do you ever work on out of state projects?!?)

6. Lily March 31, 2014 at 11:10 am

This absolutely bold and brave — but I expect no less! My worry personally would be that that bold color would effect how I do my makeup in the morning… But otherwise would die to use that space every day. Especially love the curtains.

xo Lily

7. Abby March 31, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love how bold it is! What did you end up doing with the shower area? I’d love more photos of the whole project, even if they’re iphone snaps! Because I’m obsessed :)

8. dianne March 31, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Unbelievable! It’s my favorite of all the rooms at Project Holly. I want to see more of this house…please.

9. anna March 31, 2014 at 1:23 pm

LOVE. IT. ALL. Fabulous!

10. Jennifer March 31, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Random question, but how does the bold color affect the lighting in the bathroom; especially for makeup application? I love it, btw.

11. rose March 31, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Love the color. And the window treatment. Actually have been trying to work that into my own home recently. The walls look more orange than the cabinets though, are they also BM Ruby Red?

12. Meta March 31, 2014 at 3:54 pm

You inspire me! Love the bold color!

13. Annie Thompson March 31, 2014 at 10:21 pm

This is amazing! I totally feel like you are channeling Miles Redd in these spaces! The bold red leopard amazeballs sconces the window treatment= AMAZING! Totally mindblowing what some paint can do!

14. The Hough Post April 1, 2014 at 7:34 am

WOWzers! I am definitely giving this trick some thought. I
    The red Rocks!

15. Sarah M April 3, 2014 at 8:38 am

you always use such pretty, clean bathroom-sink hardware–where is this from?