Project Holly Before & After Master Bedroom

Before the bedroom at Project Holly was a little tricky due to the layout of the room. The wall where the bed sad had a high window, the next wall to the right had two smallish closets and an opening to a small room we made the nursery, then that desk sits in front of a wall of windows facing the backyard, and there was the TV nook. Lots of action, not so calming for a peaceful retreat.

Houston Real Estate Photographer

Because they had plenty of light with the wall of windows, we decided to cover the window on the bed wall and we closed off the opening to the nursery and added another closet in that space. As I mentioned before, eventually they plan to renovate their bathroom and add closets so we didn’t want to do too much in the bedroom that we wouldn’t want to change up later.

biscuithome-101-2

We reused their existing side tables, bed, headboard, and most of their bedding. We added some euros and a duvet with a pop of red to tie in the bathroom and add a little razzmatazz. By far the best element though is the canopy.

biscuithome-058

We backed THE most gorgeous lace voile in blue silk so you can really see the detail in the fabric.

biscuithome-060

Lulu & Georgia sent us some festive red lamps, we added some chinoiserie art, and other plush elements.

Natalie's Scouting Shot 1

I love that we were able to reuse so much of what they had while still giving them a completely different room. It is grown up and sophisticated, but still fun enough to fit with the rest of the house.

MASTER BEDROOM
Side Tables: Z Gallery | Lamps: Lulu & Georgia | Art: Harrison Howard Fine Art here and here | Light Fixture: Ballard Designs | Bench: Restoration Hardware | Duvet: Biscuit Home | Euro Shams: Biscuit Home | Canopy: Brunschwig & Fils (Manchuria Madras) Kravet (KF-BAS-DRP-SIL) | Rug: Madeline Weinrib

Photos by Kimberly Chau for Style Me Pretty

Comments

1. Miriam March 21, 2014 at 10:49 am

I love the canopy — can you make a posting one of these days explaining how they’re constructed? I’ve looked on the web, but have not found a site that shows how to create a canopy like the ones you keep making your customers. Thank you!

2. Jennipher March 21, 2014 at 10:58 am

Beautiful room! How did you reuse the bed? Do you mean you used it in another room, or did you upholster over the iron frame? The pictures clearly show 2 different types of beds, and I have an iron frame that I’d LOVE to turn into an upholstered beauty like the one above. Would love to know if that’s possible.
    thanks!

3. Jane Duffey March 21, 2014 at 11:12 am

My favorite of Holly so far! That kicky red with the pale pure blue is dynamite. A for Boss Bailey!

4. Annie Thompson March 21, 2014 at 11:20 am

Oh my gosh. I love it all. I want to move in!

5. Katerina@lexandliv March 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Whenever an image has reflections, I love to see if I can spot the photographer in them.
    Cute little feet, Ms. Chau has ;-)
    Really love these side tables. They don’t look like much in the purchasing link but they are just gorgeous.
    Lovely, fresh palette in this room.

6. Carey March 21, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Bailey…this space looks beautiful! Do you have a floorplan of the entire room, which includes the small room? I have a similar issues – weird layout, lots of square footage/space and am totally confused/unsure as to how to decorate. HELP!

Thanks :)

7. Chrissy March 21, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Beautiful, as usual!

8. kkrs March 21, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Bailey,

If you have a moment, could you please share the wall paint color? It’s so serene. Beautiful bedroom. Great job, lady.

Best,
    KKRS

9. Nickie March 21, 2014 at 4:53 pm

This one is my favorite room of the project so far. Beautiful!

10. kelley pierce March 21, 2014 at 6:01 pm

hi
    there is no link to the headboard, though you do mentioned you reused the headboard, but they must not be the same. can you share your source? possibly it is custom?
    the entire house rocks. great job
    Kelley

11. Miriam March 26, 2014 at 2:26 pm

What about the canopy? I have time this weekend? Any hopes that you might put instructions on how to build one? I would specifically like to know — the fabric that drapes over the front/pillows of the bed — what makes it stiff? Is there interface? Batting? Thank you.

12. Christine March 27, 2014 at 1:34 pm

THIS IS AMAZING!!! I am just in awe of what you’ve done with this home. WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!